SportsWrath

Hicks...are you fucking kidding me?

so-cal dub

You know what is unreal? That you of all people would be posting a Giants related topic in GD. Way to go ace.

And what is wrong with Hicks? Sure he isn't a Kenny Britt...but if you are going to complain why not offer an alternative. A player who was available at the time that you would have taken?

You know what is unreal? That you of all people would be posting a Giants related topic in GD. Way to go ace.

And what is wrong with Hicks? Sure he isn't a Kenny Britt...but if you are going to complain why not offer an alternative. A player who was available at the time that you would have taken?

I'll offer two, Maluaga and Laurenitus. I know you think everyone we pick is going to be the next coming of LT, but I see things a little less rosier.

And sorry Lubek, I forget sometimes what section I'm in...spare me.

I'll offer two, Maluaga and Laurenitus. I know you think everyone we pick is going to be the next coming of LT, but I see things a little less rosier.

Neither of which could have any meaningful impact their first season. Even as a rookie WR Nicks will make a bigger impact than either of them. And in the long term they drafted Sintim.

The Giants loved the 6-3, 256-pound outside linebacker from Virginia, who had more sacks last season (13) than any other college linebacker in the country. From what I was told, they liked him better than USC’s Clay Matthews (who went in the first round, to Green Bay, 26th overall) and Ohio State’s James Laurinaitis (who went to the Rams in the third pick of the second round).

Hmmm JR had this LB rated higher than a guy you said should have been taken ahead of him. Now who do I believe, you or JR?

In a conference call a few minutes ago, Sintim said the Giants plan to play him as a strong-side linebacker, which he said is “similar to what I did at Virginia.” He also said “I knew my best shot to sneak into the first round would’ve been with the Giants.”

He was on the Giants board as a #1 and they got him in the second, AND took a receiver they value highly. What has JR done to make you distrust him?

I kind of agreed with you at the time, Dub, but what were we going to do for a WR after picking Rey or Laurenitis? All the other WRs being mentioned were gone by the time we hit 45.

As long as Colston was in the deal then sure :P

I love Colston but im afraid hes another injury prone player. the way he plays and the way brees will put it up rather than taking a sack scares me he hasnt played a full year yet. and tell you what colston aside you can have bushs' broke knee ass if you will take shockey back.

Ideal situation, take Maluaga or Luarenitus at 29.. trade up to grab Britt. Though I am happy about Sintim and very happy about Beatty.

Whatever though, I dont pay these guys.

So your ideal situation is to get a LB that the team ranked lower than the LB they got, and come away with one less player....man I think you should apply for the Lions GM position. You are just the type of candidate they like :P

Ideal situation, take Maluaga or Luarenitus at 29.. trade up to grab Britt. Though I am happy about Sintim and very happy about Beatty.

We had no chance with Britt, though. He was taken next, right? The only WR we had a chance with next was Robiskie, and we would have had to jump ahead of Cleveland.

But I was bummed as you were about the LBs.

Britt drops more balls then Edwards and Plax combined, we needed a WR who would atleast produce for us.

Besides the choice was either Britt or Nicks and the Giants favored Nicks and from what I read, he's the better of the two in terms of NFL readiness.

Reese and the scouts did a hell of a job this year and predicted it perfectly with the picks, being able to have Nicks and Sintim just fall to them. Plus pick up that Beatty(sp) kid who alot of people we're shocked dropped so low to us.

Yes, who is this Hicks fellow?

They got the wideout they wanted. I also thought Laurenitis would drop to us in the 2nd, but both those guys play middle linebacker and Sintim plays outside where they want him to compete with Clark. Pierce isn't going anywhere soon.

So your ideal situation is to get a LB that the team ranked lower than the LB they got, and come away with one less player....man I think you should apply for the Lions GM position. You are just the type of candidate they like :P

No, you take the BPA which happened to be in a position of need for us. We already have Nicks on our team, his name is Smith and before you fuckers say I'm knocking Smith, I'm just saying he cant spread the defense.

It would have been more beneficial to me to trade that pick for Braylon or draft the BPA that fell like a gift from god.

Maybe I'll be wrong and hopefully I will be.

No, you take the BPA which happened to be in a position of need for us. We already have Nicks on our team, his name is Smith and before you fuckers say I'm knocking Smith, I'm just saying he cant spread the defense.

It would have been more beneficial to me to trade that pick for Braylon or draft the BPA that fell like a gift from god.

Smith and Nicks are completely different types of players. Smith is a pure possession receiver. He uses his route running to get open. If the ball is contested he is at the disadvantage. From everything you read, hear, and see about Nicks he is a type of receiver who can fight for the ball and is more likely to win.

So a glaring hole at #1 WR and the top rated WR on the Giant's board still left and we should of went with a MLB when we already have a MLB? I'm pretty sure Nicks was the BPA at the highest position of need for us, a #1 WR.

Smith and Nicks are completely different types of players. Smith is a pure possession receiver. He uses his route running to get open. If the ball is contested he is at the disadvantage. From everything you read, hear, and see about Nicks he is a type of receiver who can fight for the ball and is more likely to win.

Right, but he cant SPREAD the defense for either him or Smith to get open and he's not a big target who will win a fight for the ball all the time like Plax.

should have gone offensive line there were plenty. First round recievers are historically slow to develop.

So a glaring hole at #1 WR and the top rated WR on the Giant's board still left and we should of went with a MLB when we already have a MLB? I'm pretty sure Nicks was the BPA at the highest position of need for us, a #1 WR.

BPA in the draft. Not on our board. Pay attention Corkey.

Who's Hicks? :confused:

But seriously, I'm very happy with H. Nicks. I think he will be better than Plax.. only in the sense that Plax didn't fight for the ball and was tackled down when someone touches his towel. Besides, who are we to question the job of those who do this for a living? It's not like Reese is Al Davis

Well we got Sintim who should help with the hole at strong side LB.

Still I would have rather have taken a offensive linemen and trade the Shockey two for bolden. and be in a position to not have to develop a reciever. The Giants need a reciever who can compete now, where they have a need on the Oline that can develop. Jmho