SportsWrath

Undrafted Free Agents signed by Giants

BleedinBlue

This list will grow in the following days, but this is what I've found so far:

1 - OL Andrew Bain - Miami__6-3, 344lbs__40yd: 5.0_(Scout.com 4 star rating)

2 - OL Glenn "Digger" Bujnoch - Cincinnati__6-5, 280lbs_40yd: n/a

3 - DE Wallace Gilberry - Alabama__6-4, 263lbs__40yd: n/a

4 - DE Antonio Reynolds - Tennessee__6-3, 245lbs__40yd: n/a

5 - S Nehemiah Warrick - Michigan State__6-1, 215lbs__40yd: 4.60

----[Edit 1:42PM 4/28]----

6 - DT Nate Robinson (not the Knick point guard) - Akron__6-4, 320lbs__40yd: 4.96

----[Edit 2:12PM 4/28]----

7 - OT Dylan Thiry - Northwestern__6-8 315lbs__40yd: n/a (Three-year starter left tackle - named to All Big 10 second team)

8 - OT Carnell Stewart - LSU__6-5 311lbs__40yd: n/a (Three year starter as a "defensive tackle", moved to "offensive tackle" senior year enroute to national championship)

----[Edit 6:42PM 4/28]----

9 - WR D.J. Hall - Alabama__6-3 198 lbs__40yd: 4.48 (rated as 3rd round pick - can make circus catches and plays vertically or horizontally - can stretch the field - some off field issues)

----[Edit 5:47AM 4/29]----

10 - OLB Kenwin Cummings - Wingate__6-2 270 lbs__40yd: 4.75 (played DE at small school, but is trying out for linebacker as a SAM)

----[Edit 3:00PM 4/29]----

11 - DT Eric Butler - Washburn__6-2 300 lbs__40yd: n/a

----[Edit 5:20AM 4/30]----

12 - DT Josh Muse - Louisiana Tech__6-3, 315 lbs__40yd: n/a

13 - P/K Owen Tolson - Army__6-2, 211lbs__40yd: n/a (strong and accurate leg - shows ability to directional punt inside 20 yd line - very accurate - never had a punt blocked in 4 yr career at West Point)

----[Edit 1:05PM 4/30]----

14 - DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo - Michigan State__6-4, 290 lbs__40yd: n/a

note: Wallace Gilberry refused Giants offer and then signed with the Redskins. Must be he figured it was a waste of time trying to make a team that already has Strahan, Umenyura, Tuck, and Kiwanuka and that he had a lot better chance of making a team that actually needed DE help.

Apparantly, the Giants ended up beating out Washington for Gilberry's services as reported in another post

(this according to NorthJersey.com in the "True Blue" section of the paper)

* as more UDFA's come in, I'll edit this list and add to it rather than add new posts. Please post any other players if you know of them. The Giants staff is very secretive about who they sign after the draft, but local papers and blogs tend to find out about a player here and there.

ESPN

DE Wallace Gilberry - (6'2 , 268, 5.0 - 40 yard)

Strengths: Possesses adequate-to-good height and bulk and tough, aggressive and active versus the run. Hands continue to improve and he does a decent job of getting off blocks, finding the ball and pursuing. Generally displays good leverage out of his stance. He is a good open-field tackler for his position. Displays good initial pop and will stand some OT's up with his short area explosiveness. He displays some quality power moves as a pass rusher. Plays with a great motor and is relentless. Excellent experience at the highest collegiate level and has been exceptionally durable as well as reliable throughout his career.

Weaknesses: Lacks any elite qualities. Does not display good top-end speed or closing burst as a pass rusher. Will struggle to turn the corner as an edge rusher and will never be much of a threat in that facet of the game. Tried to line up at linebacker during Senior Bowl week but appeared stiff in coverage and clearly lacked the speed necessary to turn and run with tight ends. Plays power-DE in college but does not possess elite size and will need to improve his base in order to contribute as a situational run-plugger type. Gets good initial pop but will struggle to anchor versus bigger, stronger OTs.

Overall: Gilberry was redshirted when he arrived at Alabama in 2003. In his first three seasons (2004-06), he played in 37 games (25 starts) and recorded 108 tackles, 33.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks. As a senior, he started all 13 games at left defensive end and delivered 80 tackles (27 for losses), 10 sacks and two forced fumbles. Gilberry underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee the summer before joining the Tide in '03. Gilberry is a tough run defender who makes the most of his natural ability and is capable of providing quality depth but he doesn't have a great deal of upside and he isn't a great fit at any one position. He isn't big enough to develop into an every-down two-gap end, he lacks the burst of an every-down one-gap end and he isn't athletic enough to move to outside linebacker full time. Keeping all of that in mind, Gilberry projects as a late fourth or early fifth round pick.

DE Antonio Reynold, (6'2 , 252, 4.799 - 40 yard) SI (6'2 255, 4.85 40 Yard)

SI

BIOGRAPHY: Senior totals included 31/5.5/3 when he moved into the starting lineup. Junior numbers included 37/4.5/1 when he played in 13 games.

POSITIVES: Athletic prospect with an inconsistent game. Plays with excellent pad level, gets leverage on opponents and quickly changes direction or immediately alters his angle of attack. Pursues down the line making plays laterally and quickly closes on the ball.

NEGATIVES: Inconsistent in college and has been marginally productive. Lacks bulk and handled at the point. Slow finding the ball and not instinctive.

ANALYSIS: Reynolds has flashed ability in pass two seasons yet has been plagued with sporadic and unproductive play. He offers the skills to be en eight defensive lineman at the next level if he ever puts forth the effort.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

S Nehemiah Warrick (6'0 , 211, 4.54 - 40 yard)

Strengths: Gets adequate knee bend in backpedal and closes quickly when receivers catch the ball in front of him. Shows good range, has long arms so doesn't have to be in perfect position to get hands on the ball and capable of covering the deep half of the field when plays with sound technique. Has good size, tall enough to add more bulk to frame and can line up in the box. Plays with a mean streak and flashes the ability to deliver the big hit. Has experience returning kickoffs as well as punts and can contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal instincts, takes too long to locate the ball and vulnerable to play action. Takes too many false steps and lacks the second gear to recover once caught out of position. Turns shoulders too quickly when trying to funnel receivers inside and is vulnerable to effective double moves. Gets caught looking into the backfield too much, doesn't appear to read routes well and allows receivers to get behind him when asked to cover the deep half of the field. Has big hands but lacks ideal ball skills and isn't much of a playmaker in coverage. Shows adequate-at-best upper body strength, doesn't show a violent punch and takes too long to shed blocks. Doesn't always take sound angles to the ball and could make more plays in pursuit. Fails to wrap up at times and is an inconsistent open field tackler. Missed one game with a knee injury in 2006, missed one game with an ankle injury in 2007 and durability is a minor concern.

Overall: Warrick enrolled at Hutchinson (Kan.) CC in 2004, walking on to the team and recording 36 receptions for 516 yards (14.3 average) and four touchdowns as a freshman wide receiver. He moved to cornerback in 2005 but transitioned to safety during the season, turning in 60 tackles, two interceptions and eight pass breakups on his way to NJCAA first-team All-America honors. In 2006, he transferred to Michigan State and appeared in 11 games (10 starts) in his first season with the Spartans, posting 45 tackles (3.5 for losses) and three pass breakups. As a senior in 2007, Warrick played 12 games and had 61 tackles (one for a loss) and three pass breakups. He missed one game in '07 because of a lower leg injury and sat out a game in '06 after twisting his knee. There's a lot to like about Warrick's size, speed and burst but he is a far better football player than athlete at this point and there is some concern he will never realize his potential because he makes too many mistakes for a player with his experience. With that in mind, he projects as a late fifth or early sixth round pick.

OL / OG Andrew Bain (6'3, 325, 5.299 - 40 yard)

Strengths: Possesses adequate height and excellent bulk. Is thickly built and well-proportioned. Displays adequate short-area mobility and plays with good body control for size. Physical and can engulf defenders when gets squared up at the point of attack.

Weaknesses: Consistently comes out of his stance too high and loses power at the point of attack as a result. He plays under control but lacks ideal initial quickness out of stance. Is massive but not explosively strong. Absorbs defenders too frequently instead of initiating contact. Looks hesitant too often and also leaves his feet more than he should. Lacks ideal experience and is still learning position. Overall technique and awareness need improvement. While has some experience lining up at tackle, lack of agility would be exposed there at the NFL so doesn't have great versatility.

Overall: Bain was redshirted in 2003. In his first three seasons at Miami (2004-'06), he played in 32 games (14 starts), primarily at left guard. As a senior in 2007, he started 10 games at left guard, missing two because of a quadriceps injury. Bain also saw action at right guard and offensive tackle with the Hurricanes. Bain lacks the height and feet to ever become more than a backup guard in the NFL. However, he has excellent bulk and enough short-area mobility to work with so he projects as a late round pick or rookie free agent.

OL / OT Glenn "Digger" Bujnoch (6'3 , 287, 5.2 - 40 yard) SI (6'5 285, 5.29 - 40 yard)

SI

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter at right tackle who saw time at tight end early in his college career.

POSITIVES: Hard-working small-area tackle who projects to guard at the next level. Quick in all aspects of his game, makes terrific use of angles and body positioning, and attacks assignments. Stays square, effectively places his hands into defenders, and keeps his feet moving. Plays with a good degree of intelligence and keeps his head on a swivel.

NEGATIVES: Struggles to adjust and beaten by quick opponents. Lacks a dominant base and does not get much movement run-blocking.

ANALYSIS: Bujnoch has been a productive and mostly durable prospect in college, yet he must improve his playing strength for any chance at the next level.

Hey, thats my cousin! :brooding:

:P

LOL. I'll bet your real name is nowhere near as cool. ;)

Seriously tho. Who doesn't want a Wallace Gilberry on thier team? I was rooting hard for Nate Hobgood-Chittick to make it as a FA for us a few years back.

LOL. I'll bet your real name is nowhere near as cool. ;)

Seriously tho. Who doesn't want a Wallace Gilberry on thier team? I was rooting hard for Nate Hobgood-Chittick to make it as a FA for us a few years back.

I bet his real name is Floyd "The Barber" Lockhart.

Add DT Nate Robinson to above list

Here's a story on him:

Nate Robinson, a DT from Irvington, will sign a free-agent contract with the Giants, he said this morning. Robinson, who played two seasons at Rutgers before transferring to Akron, also had offers from the Chiefs and Dolphins but said he picked the Giants because they're only bringing in one or two other undrafted free agents at the DT position. "I'm staying home," said Robinson, It's the best opportunity for me to make the roster."

Aprevious story on him by Mike Garaflo (Star Ledger - published a week before the draft):

With 19 seconds remaining in Super Bowl XLII, Jay Alford, a rookie who had contributed mostly as a long snapper all season, recorded the sack that pretty much stamped the Giants as world champions.

At that moment, Nate Robinson stared at his television. Five years earlier, Robinson was at Irvington High, trading shoves and battling to stalemates against Orange's Alford.

"That was crazy. I was like, 'That's supposed to be me,'" Robinson said the other day by phone. "We were in the same year, same boat, same everything.

"I was happy for him, but at that point, I couldn't wait for my turn."

Robinson's turn will finally come this weekend when his NFL career officially begins. But his arrival is one year later and at least a few rounds lower than he originally expected.

Once rated the nation's No. 1 defensive tackle out of Irvington, Robinson has been through half a decade of injuries, life lessons and changes in schools -- from Miami to Rutgers to Akron -- that have dropped him on NFL draft boards.

Then again, he and those who know him feel all of those occurrences have better prepared him for life as a professional athlete.

"He's been in some tough situations -- whether warranted or not -- and he's tried to hang in there as best he can," Akron defensive line coach Dana Chambers said. "You saw bits and pieces of what you hope to see down for down during the course of the year. He has the potential to play anywhere in the country -- if you can just get it out of him."

Coming out of high school in 2002, Robinson was admittedly "young, dumb, stupid and immature. You couldn't tell me anything." As the 15th-ranked player by the scouting service Rivals.com, Robinson allowed the hype to result in an inflated ego. It also ended with him rebuffing recruiting efforts from Rutgers and signing with Miami, only to join the Scarlet Knights after failing to qualify academically for admission to Miami.

In two seasons under Greg Schiano, Robinson never became the dominating tackle he was expected to be and was dismissed from the team after his sophomore season

Schiano declined to comment yesterday about Robinson, having said at the time "this chapter had to end." Whispers were that Robinson's work ethic and attendance in class left a lot to be desired.

Robinson acknowledged his attitude wasn't as good as it needed to be, but he also felt that because he was an underclassman, he "wasn't getting the opportunities" and playing time he felt he deserved.

He learned to work for those opportunities at Akron.

"It humbled me more," Robinson said. "At Rutgers, I thought I was a big shot. (In Akron), I learned to sit back, relax and to not always want to go somewhere."

Fact is, he had to sit back and relax for one year because of NCAA rules regarding transfers. During that year, Chambers would call three or four times a day to make sure Robinson was in class and completing his assignments so he stayed academically eligible. But the following season, Robinson still wasn't reaching his potential on the field.

"I was so (ticked) at him because he's got potential and he was more about Nate than the team," Chambers said. "And I can say, honestly, this year he took a better look at the team aspect to the point where he was actually helping young guys, asking questions and doing the things he needs to do to get better."

And in the weight room, Robinson finally started working hard. He continues to do so, according to Giants wide receiver Domenik Hixon, an Akron grad who has spent some time at his alma mater in the past few months.

"He was working out every day, talking to the strength coach and doing the right things of what he needed to do," Hixon said. "I just said, 'All that work is going to pay off.'"

When he worked out last month in front of NFL scouts, Robinson impressed with a 4.96-second 40-yard dash as well as a 33-inch vertical leap and other numbers that should result in his being drafted.

"He was very athletic for his size," said Hixon, who attended the pro day.

He always has been, Alford said.

"He's huge, man. He's one of the biggest dudes I ever played against," Alford said. "He's a real good player -- real light on his feet and strong at the same time."

None of that ability has subsided; it just hasn't been tapped into.

Yet.

"The biggest thing with Nate is he wanted that NFL thing so bad that he was looking past (college) and not focusing on things he had to do to get better," Chambers said. "He's started to do that and mentally, he looks back and he's now prepared a lot more."

Said Robinson: "I'm moving in the right direction. Whatever round I go and wherever I go, I'll be happy for the opportunity."

Zero RBs so far, eh?

I'm a little surprised they're not taking any CB's as there is talk on TV and the radio of the Giants turning Terrell Thomas into a Safety, which his makeup is ideal for.

Also surprised the Giants didn't take their annual small school project.

Imagine Kenny Phillips and Terrell Thomas at the Safety spots! I never even thought of that! Hell, if they played well enough, perhaps the slower than molasses Sammy Knight will be solely mentor.

They must be confident they're all sticking around. It's an encouraging sign.

Yah, and it seems every single team in the NFL is drifting towards the ole Running Back by committee deal....funny how a few years back, teams that were running back by committee often had weak ground games solely because they didnt have that one feature back.

IMO, we got the feature back, Jacobs; burner and big play capable Ahmad Bradshaw; third down back, and sharing carries with Jacobs in Derrick Ward, and the bruiser and special team extraordinaire, Rueben Droughns.

I cant think of any team with as many good running backs as we have.

Added DJ Hall - WR out of Alabama (see list in first post - up to 9 players now - someone inside the Giants staff slipped and admitted the Giants have signed 12 FA's so far.

Giants Sign DJ Hall from Alabama Crimson Tide

An exciting player with game breaking catch capability who's played against the top talent in the country

Here's a clip on DJ:

Details of signings:

- DJ Hall agreed and signed to a 2-year contract, with no signing bonus

- Nehemiah Warrick agreed and signed to a 3-year contract with 8,000.00 signing bonus

- Wallace Gilberry did NOT agree to a 3-year contract with 10,000.00 signing bonus and took the Redskins deal instead

Oh well buh-bye Gilberry....say hello to the zoo in D.C. LOL.

Daniel Snyder gave him a 5 year contract worth $30 million with $24 million guarenteed, and a $10 million signing bonus.

Which according to Snyder, is the going rate for a UFA Rookie.

Imagine Kenny Phillips and Terrell Thomas at the Safety spots! I never even thought of that! Hell, if they played well enough, perhaps the slower than molasses Sammy Knight will be solely mentor.

James Butler makes him look like Flash Gordon.

Daniel Snyder gave him a 5 year contract worth $30 million with $24 million guarenteed, and a $10 million signing bonus.

Which according to Snyder, is the going rate for a UFA Rookie.

Smart move by him....dumb move as usual by Snyder. Invest that money wisely young man as you will probably not see another contract like that...nor will your team reach the big show with Snyder running the show down there.