SportsWrath

The Kid......

BlueInCanada

I said that with the kid under center we wouldn't go anywhere and that I didn't have any faith in him.

I'm not saying that he changed my mind entirely but I can now say he's giving me a bit of hope. Eli...no not the kid but Eli Manning showed he can finally play at the level that we wanted him too and if the game is on his shoulders he has the ability to lead us to a win.

So Eli congratulations on your first playoff win and lets hope it isn't your last.

P.S. How about the play calling? Maybe Gilbride has finally found something that works.

I said that with the kid under center we wouldn't go anywhere and that I didn't have any faith in him.

I'm not saying that he changed my mind entirely but I can now say he's giving me a bit of hope. Eli...no not the kid but Eli Manning showed he can finally play at the level that we wanted him too and if the game is on his shoulders he has the ability to lead us to a win.

So Eli congratulations on your first playoff win and lets hope it isn't your last.

P.S. How about the play calling? Maybe Gilbride has finally found something that works.

I have also been hard on Eli in recent weeks, but today was encouraging. He was poised, and did what he had to do against a very good defense.

Did anyone notice he faked Ronde out of his shoes on that 2nd TD???

Can't argue much with the play calling, but one thing does drive me nuts. The Giants stay a little too pass-happy when they have a big lead, throwing on first down. Like on their first drive of the 2nd half after the fumbled kickoff. They're inside the ten, first and goal, and they try that fade to Plax in the corner of the end zone (which never seems to work, anyway). That situation screams "run the ball". If nothing else, at least you'll take about 30 seconds off the clock in a game you're leading and threatening to take control of in the 2nd half.

Can't argue much with the play calling, but one thing does drive me nuts. The Giants stay a little too pass-happy when they have a big lead, throwing on first down. Like on their first drive of the 2nd half after the fumbled kickoff. They're inside the ten, first and goal, and they try that fade to Plax in the corner of the end zone (which never seems to work, anyway). That situation screams "run the ball". If nothing else, at least you'll take about 30 seconds off the clock in a game you're leading and threatening to take control of in the 2nd half.

Yeah because Plax had almost a foot in height difference on the CB.

Eli has showed me alot today and even last week and you know I can say I'm glad about taken him in the draft......*whew* never though I would say that :P

Anyways how about our other young star...BRADSHAW....my god how good did this kid look? I mean he has hitting the hole like a fucking jack hammer and his speed and quickness is like Tiki.

Jacobs and Bradshaw...our 1/2 combo for years to come.

Unfortunately, no, he can't. The guy can't let it go. Take a look at where it starts in every thread if you don't believe me.

...Unfortunately I was talking to the both of you

Anyways great game by the Giant's lets carry this momentum into Dallas.

I could not believe how little objection I had to the play calling today, other then they should have benn sending BJ between the tackles all game instead of trying to get him outside. Yes he has GREAT speed, but his body is a big target and he gets taken down by leg tackles. Fuckin drill him between the tackles every time he touches the ball

I could not believe how little objection I had to the play calling today, other then they should have benn sending BJ between the tackles all game instead of trying to get him outside. Yes he has GREAT speed, but his body is a big target and he gets taken down by leg tackles. Fuckin drill him between the tackles every time he touches the ball

I think the Bucs were planning him to go between the tackles though, I mean sometime they had all their LB's right behind their DTs just waiting for something up the middle. I think we caught them off guard when trying to power run it to the outside and it paid off. Jacobs would punish their outside LBs and then Bradshaw just ran past them half the time.

So you won't take a shot with a receiver who is 6'5 over a corner who is

5'10?

On first down and goal, from the five yard line, on the road, with a seven point lead, in the 2nd half, with a quarterback who hasn't exactly shown a knack for throwing the touch-pass? No.

I thought that Eli saw it was covered and just threw it away, myself. That ball was 5-6' over both their heads.

Which is my point in the first place. If the guy is not wide open on that play, you're just gonna throw it out of bounds (which is what Eli did). You really can't expect the receiver to be wide-open from there anyway, so what's the point? It's just a waste of a play, and an opportunity to run some time off the clock.

Props to ELI who I did not bash in 3 year, until 2 weeks ago in Buffalo. He lost me that day, today he shut me up. My wife would be proud.

the fade should be banished from the playbook.

I have to say, the play didn't work but to just say generically run the ball on 1st down, just because we had a 1 td lead? No, I don't agree with that. Part of your argument Mickeef is that we should be running time off the clock there? That's ridiculous. It was the first possession of the second half, with a 1 score lead. You don't start killing clock until midway through the 4th quarter at the earliest in a game that is still relatively close. If you don't like the fade route in particular, ok, fine. But I have no problem with them taking a shot through the air. Just saying run the ball, run the ball, run the ball is not going to work. If they see something to exploit, they should go for it. A good offense is unpredictable and has balance. No matter who you have, Brandon Jacobs or whoever, nobody is consistently going to be successful against 8 in the box. That is why Brandon couldn't run in the 1st quarter. When we had the most balance, that is when B-Jac, Bradshaw, and Eli were the most successful. To finish up the thought, no problem with passing in that spot. You have to be aggressive and play to win the game there (thank you Herm), and eating up clock in that situation should not even enter your head as a play caller.

Part of your argument Mickeef is that we should be running time off the clock there? That's ridiculous. It was the first possession of the second half, with a 1 score lead. You don't start killing clock until midway through the 4th quarter at the earliest in a game that is still relatively close. If you don't like the fade route in particular, ok, fine. But I have no problem with them taking a shot through the air. Just saying run the ball, run the ball, run the ball is not going to work. If they see something to exploit, they should go for it. A good offense is unpredictable and has balance. No matter who you have, Brandon Jacobs or whoever, nobody is consistently going to be successful against 8 in the box. That is why Brandon couldn't run in the 1st quarter. When we had the most balance, that is when B-Jac, Bradshaw, and Eli were the most successful. To finish up the thought, no problem with passing in that spot. You have to be aggressive and play to win the game there (thank you Herm), and eating up clock in that situation should not even enter your head as a play caller.

Sorry, but I disagree. On the road, playoffs, 2nd half, about to go up at least 10, possibly 14, you are trying to kill the clock as much as possible, in any way possible.

Sorry, but I disagree. On the road, playoffs, 2nd half, about to go up at least 10, possibly 14, you are trying to kill the clock as much as possible, in any way possible.

3rd quarter is way to early for that. That is precisely how you "play not to lose." It's a good thing you're not a a coach.