SportsWrath

The ANSWER to the Giants secondary woes is here...

Not_Ldiggitty

I don't want law at all. Despite his number of INT's, he only had a slightly above average year, and will not be worth the huge contract he will be asking. I can see us bring in Deshea Townsend or another second-tier corner. Townsend is a solid corner that would help this defense, and would not cost nearly as much as Law.

We don't need his penalties or his age.

© Currency

We could use his 7-8 picks though... i really hope we make a push for steelers FS Chris Hope... we need help in the secondary and he had a solid year/playoff tour

We could use his 7-8 picks though... i really hope we make a push for steelers FS Chris Hope... we need help in the secondary and he had a solid year/playoff tour

The departure of Will Allen authomatically gives us a +5 in the interceptio catagory. :D

I would like to draft Ashton Youboty who is 6-1 190, he is a ball-hawk...with some big upside and great skills, I would compare him to Chris Gamble

Jason Allen is another name to throw around to at FS or CB coming off an injury puts him in round 2

btw I absolutely do NOT want Thomas Howard here...have you seen him play? He is nothing to be excited about other than a sack here and there and he is fast, he dropped 2 INT's in the senior bowl

Ernie Simms is a Derrick Brooks type of guy...not as good but the same type of play, so even though he is just 220 pounds and 6-0 I would like EA to take him or Youboty in round 1

I would like to draft Ashton Youboty who is 6-1 190, he is a ball-hawk...with some big upside and great skills, I would compare him to Chris Gamble

Jason Allen is another name to throw around to at FS or CB coming off an injury puts him in round 2

btw I absolutely do NOT want Thomas Howard here...have you seen him play? He is nothing to be excited about other than a sack here and there and he is fast, he dropped 2 INT's in the senior bowl

Ernie Simms is a Derrick Brooks type of guy...not as good but the same type of play, so even though he is just 220 pounds and 6-0 I would like EA to take him or Youboty in round 1

Youboty had 1 INT in '05. Some ballhawk...

Sims is not a 1st-round caliber player. Size and characters concerns are enough to place him in Round 2.

Agree on Howard, although if he is coachable he might be a good pick because he has a lot of raw ability to work with.

Anyone think that of by some odd chance the Bucs cut Rhonde Barber that he winds up a Giant and the Giants replace Allen with Rhonde. Tiki and he spoke of that on Sirrius last week and RHonde said the Bucs have cut big name vets to get some cap relief before(Lynch, Sapp) and also said Accorsi had his chance and did not want him. Of course Tiki replied that they had a ton tied up in Sehorn, to which Rhonde laughed his ass off.

I would take Rhonde, but I wonder how much the cover 2 makes him better than he actually is?

Anyone think that of by some odd chance the Bucs cut Rhonde Barber that he winds up a Giant and the Giants replace Allen with Rhonde. Tiki and he spoke of that on Sirrius last week and RHonde said the Bucs have cut big name vets to get some cap relief before(Lynch, Sapp) and also said Accorsi had his chance and did not want him. Of course Tiki replied that they had a ton tied up in Sehorn, to which Rhonde laughed his ass off.

I would take Rhonde, but I wonder how much the cover 2 makes him better than he actually is?

I made a thread about Ronde about a month ago ... I think there is a strong chance he gets cut. As a CB who can make plays on the ball, tackle, and play zone, he would be nice fit here...

I made a thread about Ronde about a month ago ... I think there is a strong chance he gets cut. As a CB who can make plays on the ball, tackle, and play zone, he would be nice fit here...

So under this scenario, my plan of attack would be let Allen go, sign Ronde, start Webster at #2, if Peterson is 100% Webster goes to #3 and gives 3 solid corners and draft a CB to develop to either 1 day step in e and start or take Websters #3 role.

I heard John Riggins on Sirrius say he was very impressed with Webster and thinks he will be a good solid CB in the league for a long time. If Will P is 100% then maybe Will and Ronde start. Not a bad scenario. I would have to imagine NY would be Rondes first choice.

So under this scenario, my plan of attack would be let Allen go, sign Ronde, start Webster at #2, if Peterson is 100% Webster goes to #3 and gives 3 solid corners and draft a CB to develop to either 1 day step in e and start or take Websters #3 role.

I heard John Riggins on Sirrius say he was very impressed with Webster and thinks he will be a good solid CB in the league for a long time. If Will P is 100% then maybe Will and Ronde start. Not a bad scenario. I would have to imagine NY would be Rondes first choice.

I would love to see that happen. In such a circumstance, I imagine the team would tender Walker (give him one last shot) and invest a mid-to-late round pick in another CB.

I would love to see that happen. In such a circumstance, I imagine the team would tender Walker (give him one last shot) and invest a mid-to-late round pick in another CB.

NO one likes Deloatch and I know he struggled late in the year, but I like his size and his ability to tackle. I do think he may be better suited for a S spot, but I do not know, something about him I like. Must be the undrafted FA thing, probably goes back to my affinity for Rich Suerbert as well. If I had to have Ronde, Will P, Webster and Deloatch as my 1-4 depth I would not be awfully disappointed. Only backdraw with that would be if Will P went down and deloatch went to #3(normal nickel in the slot)as he is not a good slot CB. I would tender Walker if need be. I do not think Coughlin is a big Walker fan.

Ew. What a terrible offseason plan. Walker will get cut.

You obviously have missed the point of emphasis that a team that wins is built with depth that can play. Walker has proven he can be a backup player and play ok if need be. That is the difference between teams that win and lose in the NFL.

NO one likes Deloatch and I know he struggled late in the year, but I like his size and his ability to tackle. I do think he may be better suited for a S spot, but I do not know, something about him I like. Must be the undrafted FA thing, probably goes back to my affinity for Rich Suerbert as well. If I had to have Ronde, Will P, Webster and Deloatch as my 1-4 depth I would not be awfully disappointed. Only backdraw with that would be if Will P went down and deloatch went to #3(normal nickel in the slot)as he is not a good slot CB. I would tender Walker if need be. I do not think Coughlin is a big Walker fan.

I guarantee Deloatch will be on this team in 2006. People need to be patient with him, considering he is only 2 years removed from the football powerhouse know as North Carolina A & T.

Considering the uncertainty of Peterson's health, I think its imperative that the Giants bring in a veteran CB, whether it be Allen, Ronde, or maybe Deshea Townshend.

I'd like to see Walker get one more shot under the new secondary coach. The guy clearly has talent, he just has to demonstrate that he has a head on his shoulders...

I guarantee Deloatch will be on this team in 2006. People need to be patient with him, considering he is only 2 years removed from the football powerhouse know as North Carolina A & T.

Considering the uncertainty of Peterson's health, I think its imperative that the Giants bring in a veteran CB, whether it be Allen, Ronde, or maybe Deshea Townshend.

I'd like to see Walker get one more shot under the new secondary coach. The guy clearly has talent, he just has to demonstrate that he has a head on his shoulders...

Frank Walker has enormous talent he just needs good coaching.

He is too aggressive and believes in his playmaking ability every down.

He needs to be more controlled. Butler is also another talented player.

Has a good feel for the blitz. If we spend the money for FA its got to

be in the secondary and to some degree its confusing at what position.

Alexander is older Peterson a CB is suspect with his injury. Webster needs more experience

Wilson is real brightspot. I would bring in a CB FA. R. Barber ?? Do we have the money

for him?

:o