SportsWrath

Eli Manning or Phil Simms?

Sephiroth

Last time I looked Phil still held all the Giants QB records

Frankly Fran Tarkenton was better than either guy but was here a short time with no team at all under him except for that TE

As far as I'm concerned, Fran Tarkenton was a Viking.

Kerry Collins was the best arm between the 20's in NFL history........once he got inside the 20 he was a human catastrophe

Jack, I disagree with you a lot, but not here. You could smell the int the minute Collins left the straight drop-back.

As far as I'm concerned, Fran Tarkenton was a Viking.

Kiss my tuckus... big%20F-U.gif big%20F-U.gif big%20F-U.gif .... As much as the Giants gave away for him... then they never gave him any ballplayers...he was here 4 years man...how long do you have to be here to be a real Giant Joe?

:P

Kiss my tuckus... big%20F-U.gif big%20F-U.gif big%20F-U.gif .... As much as the Giants gave away for him... then they never gave him any ballplayers...he was here 4 years man...how long do you have to be here to be a real Giant Joe?

:P

5 Years.

Bob Tucker was Fran's TE...........guy was an ACE

Tarkenton is/was probably the best QB to ever strap on the NY Giants helmet......I'm old enough to remember his magic

Eli is great, or has become great..........Fran is in the HOF, and was fantastic.

Fran was THE MAN from the moment he entered the league- Imagine Drew Brees, much more elusive. I swear he had eyes in the back of his head.

I could not for the life of me imagine why the Giants sent him back to Minn

I'd say

#1 Fran

#2 Eli (if he can keep it up)..........his 1st 4 yrs were Sanchezian

#3- Simms

#4- YA Tittle

Tarkenton is/was probably the best QB to ever strap on the NY Giants helmet......I'm old enough to remember his magic

Are you old enough to remember Tittle? I'm not but everything I read about the man says he was the first barn-burning QB and his passing records stood for over 20 years until broken by Marino. Three straight championship games (all losses).

You don't remember Simms' early career, do you?

Bob Tucker was Fran's TE...........guy was an ACE

Eli is great, or has become great..........Fran is in the HOF, and was fantastic.

Fran was THE MAN from the moment he entered the league- Imagine Drew Brees, much more elusive. I swear he had eyes in the back of his head.

I could not for the life of me imagine why the Giants sent him back to Minn

I'd say

#1 Fran

#3- Simms

#4- YA Tittle

He also had Joe Morrison who was as clutch as they came, Homer Jones, Del Shoufner and a very servicable Tucker Fredrickson.....given their line was so undersized..but athletic.....his scrabbling was a perfect fit....he took them from 1 and 13 to 7 -7 his first year....I tend to remember their issues being mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

They put up some good points total...they just tended to give it all back and then some on defense.

For the life of me I don't know what they were thinking when they traded him back to the Vikings....whatever they got...it wasn't near enough.

C. Wagon

From what I understand, Fran Tarkenton and Wellington Mara had a feud over money.

Gee that comes as no shocker

Ol Man was a tightwad..........refused to give Phil another year too.........Simms hates us to this day

Tarkenton went on to become a billionaire in the business world

He also had Joe Morrison who was as clutch as they came, Homer Jones, Del Shoufner and a very servicable Tucker Fredrickson.....given their line was so undersized..but athletic.....his scrabbling was a perfect fit....he took them from 1 and 13 to 7 -7 his first year....I tend to remember their issues being mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

They put up some good points total...they just tended to give it all back and then some on defense.

For the life of me I don't know what they were thinking when they traded him back to the Vikings....whatever they got...it wasn't near enough.

C. Wagon

And that 7-7 would have gotten them into the playoffs without loss of a tie breaker...I forgot what it was...

Fredrikson was a phenom but he went into the scrum so hard Jim Brown said no man could run that hard and survive

Brown predicted Fredrickson would get seriously injured and indeed he blew out his knee in an era where ACL repairs were not available

Don't disparage Fredrickson, he was spectacular for the brief time he was on the field........one of the "Baby Bulls"

He was built like Mickey Mantle

Who disparaged him? I differed with the term " very serviceable."

Ernie Koy, Chuck Mercein were serviceable. Tucker was a bust at #1.

659 yds his rookie year was a bust? 3.4 per carry?

his next 5 yrs he played on a bum knee in an era where there was no ACL replacement surgery

He tore up his knee and played on for 6 seasons. Unfortunate, but bad luck not a bust. Would you then call TT a bust?

I think these guys were just unlucky. Incidentally, Fredrickson was elected to the Pro Bowl in 1965. Your dad mis-informed you.

Sayers tore his knee up and retired.....back in the day there was not much you could do with a severely torn up knee.

Butkus is a football God.....should not be in this conversation........He's Gods starting MLBer.

If you did not see Fredrickson play, you are really not real qualified to comment. The guy was sensational for the short period he was healthy. To this day, I've never seen a man hit the LOS as hard as Tucker Fredrickson, he hit full force and with authority. As you can imagine getting Jim Brown to comment that the guy could not survive his own violence was not an idle comment.

I reserve bust for the Rocky Thompson's and Ramses Barden's of the NFL world

Beg to differ. Firstly, they picked him over GALE SAYERS!!!

He eked out one decent season on gimpy knees.

Maybe saying "Very servicable" was a bit of an overstatement...guy had a good couple of years and then as Jackn noted his knees went. Didn't remember they passed on both Sayers and Butkus to get him....damn.

C. Wagon.