SportsWrath

Giants and Saints

ccase39

The Saints are good this year, very good. This is not the old Saints everyone has come to know. We have finally established balance on offense and figured out how to run the ball. On the other side, it looks like Greg Williams has really lit a fire under this defenses ass. We were atrocious against the past last year, and so far it looks like we are greatly improved in this area. I like this matchup, and I think its going to be close with the Giants coming out on top in the last few minutes. The Saints have yet to face a proven QB, so I don't know how they will do playing from behind against Eli. Our left tackle Jamal Brown is out for the year, and his backup Jermon Bushrod has been injured as well. Brees has not looked the same the past two weeks as a result. Our defense won the games against the previous New york teams, but I don't know if they will be able to fair as well against the Giants O. I would not expect to run the ball at will against the Saints, they are pretty stout. I think the best way for the Giants to win is in the air, as our secondary has not really been tested yet. On defense I would come at that left side as much as possible and try to disrupt Brees. Anyway its going to be a good game. I will be there, here is to NO injuries.

does that mean New Orleans injuries? :smartass:

if the economy was better, i would've been there, havin a sazerac with you the night before. Good Luck!

Yeah man trying to buy a house/condo...so I have to get my priorities straight. Next year for sure.

does that mean New Orleans injuries? :smartass:

if the economy was better, i would've been there, havin a sazerac with you the night before. Good Luck!

Yeah, this is the one I wanted to go to. Funds arent there. Fuckin sucks. Dont know if I'll make a road game this yr. Im bummed.

how easy would it be for me to get a couple of decent affordable tickets at this point?

pretty easy, 150 bucks last time I checked, my cousin gave me one of his season tickets. but stub hub had them for 120-150 last week.

Here are my thoughts on the saints game.

The Giants are coming of a reasonably easy schedule, (although playing away in the west coast and two divisional games is alot harder than people realise).

Mind you the Saints have played Detroit, Philadelphia (who were aweful), Buffalo and NYJ. They have only really played one tough game, which they played at home.

Firstly the Giants have to step up as we come against our toughest opponent so far.

The Saints have a genuinely explosive offense, particularly through the air; but our defense is particuary good against the pass. This will be an interesting challenge for our defense, but think we are up to the task. Once again our pass rush will be key, but I think we will get alot of pressure on Brees.

New Orleans is doing well, but I think we are much more physical in the trenches on both sides of the ball. whilst their LBs and safeties are decent, their CBs seem to be guys we can exploit; other than KC, we have faced much better CBs in all of our games. I think Eli will be able to exploit this secomndary, I really like the way we spread the ball around in the air, pretty much anyone can get the job done. Eli Manning is having a mvp calibre season.

One key in my opinion will be our running game and our ball control offense.

We need to get Brandon Jacobs involved big-time - he doesn't seem to be quite firing on all cylinders at this stage.

New Orleans is solid up front, but isn't what I would call stout - Kendrick Clancy, Sedrick Ellis, Anthony Hargrove and Vilma are not the biggest guys and I think smash mouth football running down their throat will be a key factor, particularly with Jacobs/Hedgecock.

The Giants are coming of a reasonably easy schedule, (although playing away in the west coast and two divisional games is alot harder than people realise).

Mind you the Saints have played Detroit, Philadelphia (who were aweful), Buffalo and NYJ. They have only really played one tough game, which they played at home.

Firstly the Giants have to step up as we come against our toughest opponent so far.

The Saints have a genuinely explosive offense, particularly through the air; but our defense is particuary good against the pass. This will be an interesting challenge for our defense, but think we are up to the task. Once again our pass rush will be key, but I think we will get alot of pressure on Brees.

New Orleans is doing well, but I think we are much more physical in the trenches on both sides of the ball. whilst their LBs and safeties are decent, their CBs seem to be guys we can exploit; other than KC, we have faced much better CBs in all of our games. I think Eli will be able to exploit this secomndary, I really like the way we spread the ball around in the air, pretty much anyone can get the job done. Eli Manning is having a mvp calibre season.

We need to get Brandon Jacobs involved big-time - he doesn't seem to be quite firing on all cylinders at this stage.

New Orleans is solid up front, but isn't what I would call stout - Kendrick Clancy, Sedrick Ellis, Anthony Hargrove and Vilma are not the biggest guys and I think smash mouth football running down their throat will be a key factor, particularly with Jacobs/Hedgecock.

Grant and Smith have been pretty stout against the run this year, and are taylor made to defend against runners like Jacobs.

When did the giants play on the west coast?

I'm not sure which way to go on this one.

Brees with protection is virtually unstoppable. If the Giants can't get pressure with a 4 man front, they could be in trouble.

On the flip side, Eli has looking excellent this season, and he has a full toolbox - incredibly, the Giants might have the best receiving corps in the NFL with Smith, Manningham, and Nicks. And we haven't really seen much of Barden, either.

This looks to be a really fun, exciting game. No doubt, both teams are looking at this game as their biggest test of the year.

I just really hope this game doesn't come down to a last-second field goal.

When did the giants play on the west coast?

I guess technically Denver and Kansas City are not on the west coast, but I am pretty sure they are categorised as "west coast teams" for the purposed of scheduling based on the travel distance - teams have no more than two of these trips per season.

Grant and Smith have been pretty stout against the run this year, and are taylor made to defend against runners like Jacobs.

Their DEs are very good against the run, I however their DTs are solid but nothing special though (other then maybe Ellis) and probably a little under sized. I think a physical running game between the tackles can be very effective against their defense.

I did not watch the Jets v Saints game, but the Jets D basically shut them down...

So did Buffalo for that matter, but we were missing our LT. Unfortunatly the LT we were missing was a second string guy, so I don't see us having a much better showing against the Giants D. We did run the ball very well against the Jets and Buffalo though. Airing it out has been the problem.

its going to be a good game i think. both teams have had a pretty easy time so far. this game i think can decide for us if where the real deal or not. will are injuries in the secondary show up. I still do not think are Wide outs are gonna be challenged. Nicks seem to me emerging as another go to guy. I would like to see the Ramsey guy maybe once. Canty and Ross need to get back into the line up. Any body know what happened to Sintim i dont think seem i have him since the first game. DT need to get some pressure. Moss who cares and Tynes well i do not know how some this under-skilled still has work in this economy. there gotta be someone out there who can but thru the upright with some constancy and skill from under the 40. Eli , Bradshaw, Pierce , osi, tuck, smith, manningham keep doing how you are with those pro bowl caliber seasons IMO. GIll fuck well you finally making some sense with your calls. Jacobs i just dont feel your the same player you where during the SB 42 some what same with Boss and Hedge but i think that comes with the position and duties. If i dont know you well make a name for your self

The key will be my ability to out-kick John. I like hjim and i'm glad he got a starting job, but hes old and got no leg. I'm going to kick so hard his mother will have labor pains again. Don't worry giants fans, i won't let you down this week it's going to be a close game.

Another dupe account..yay.

Kiwi is this you?

its going to be a good game i think. both teams have had a pretty easy time so far. this game i think can decide for us if where the real deal or not. will are injuries in the secondary show up. I still do not think are Wide outs are gonna be challenged. Nicks seem to me emerging as another go to guy. I would like to see the Ramsey guy maybe once. Canty and Ross need to get back into the line up. Any body know what happened to Sintim i dont think seem i have him since the first game. DT need to get some pressure. Moss who cares and Tynes well i do not know how some this under-skilled still has work in this economy. there gotta be someone out there who can but thru the upright with some constancy and skill from under the 40. Eli , Bradshaw, Pierce , osi, tuck, smith, manningham keep doing how you are with those pro bowl caliber seasons IMO. GIll fuck well you finally making some sense with your calls. Jacobs i just dont feel your the same player you where during the SB 42 some what same with Boss and Hedge but i think that comes with the position and duties. If i dont know you well make a name for your self

I'm definitely concerned about Jacobs. Everytime I tell my friends he's due for a breakout game, I'm proven wrong. I don't expect him to run with the same agility Bradshaw does but that's not his specialty. He's supposed to plow through the crease and blow it open. Now I don't know if defenses play us different when he's in the line up but it's evident he's just not the same player we knew in prior seasons. I don't question his heart and i'm still holding out hope that he'll come thru for us.