3 replies to this topic

#1 LorfTVP

LorfTVP

I Can See Into Your Soul.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

A 9,000 word lament over Manny's departure, legacy, manipulation, and soul.

Good read.

#2 mickeef2

mickeef2

Back-Up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, I saw this article yesterday and was gonna post it, but I thought it would be obnoxious to again point out that I explained how this all went down with Manny a long time ago. smile.gif Anyway, great article by Simmons again, as is anything he writes regarding the Sox. I wonder who the guy was who took off his wedding ring at the Kimmel Show. Pretty funny story, too, about Manny not picking up the tab.

#3 LorfTVP

LorfTVP

I Can See Into Your Soul.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (mickeef2 @ Oct 3 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I saw this article yesterday and was gonna post it, but I thought it would be obnoxious to again point out that I explained how this all went down with Manny a long time ago. smile.gif Anyway, great article by Simmons again, as is anything he writes regarding the Sox. I wonder who the guy was who took off his wedding ring at the Kimmel Show. Pretty funny story, too, about Manny not picking up the tab.

It seriously is a damn shame though. But hey, so long as Manny doesn't become a Yankee, he'll always have a place in my heart.

#4 Herc

Herc

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,847 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:38 AM

i read the article too and liked it, but i disgree with him letting manny off the hook so easily. everything he says about boras is true but it was manny's decision to hire him and he's a grown man who can be influenced sure, but manipulated? he's gotta bear some of the responsibility there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users