SportsWrath

2007 (XLII), 2011 (XLVI), 2015????

MikeGL

I know, right?

Sometimes I look at Aaron Rodgers and say, "how the hell did we beat that guy, in his own house, in a year that he had only six INTs and was the league MVP?" What a crazy league.

We have done it before has a 9-7 team and that 2011 Packers team was much better than this one. U guess you can say that the Giants were also better than this one with a healthy Cruz, healthy Nicks, young and hungry JPP, Still had vets like Tuck, Rolle and Kiwi. The current Giants probably have a better group of LB's and a better secondary overall though. They also went into Lambeau and beat the heavily favored Packers in 2007 in a frigid cold game everyone said suited the Packers. Mike McCarthy has a 7-6 playoff record...take away their one super bowl year and he's 3-6

Yeah putting pressure on Rodgers/Favre and Brady were key in those two super bowl runs. These current Giants don't have that type of pass rush. It started coming out a little against Buffalo. What amazes about watching Rodgers this year is how many free plays he gets by getting the dline to jump and he has such a quick release it's hard to get to him

Yeah putting pressure on Rodgers/Favre and Brady were key in those two super bowl runs. These current Giants don't have that type of pass rush. It started coming out a little against Buffalo. What amazes about watching Rodgers this year is how many free plays he gets by getting the dline to jump and he has such a quick release it's hard to get to him

Those were some great playoff runs for us. starting at low seeds and knocking off the 3 and 13 teams

Those MFers didn't know what the hell to do. my favorite is still the 07 game with the Cowboys when Wade Phillips got pissed saying "the better team lost"

Those were some great playoff runs for us. starting at low seeds and knocking off the 3 and 13 teams

Those MFers didn't know what the hell to do. my favorite is still the 07 game with the Cowboys when Wade Phillips got pissed saying "the better team lost"

I loved that game, too and still watch it from time to time. Best part is hearing the frustration and disbelief in Aikman's voice, and he got more and more incredulous as the 4th quarter played out. You could almost hear him thinking, "how the fuck did the Cowboys (actually, he probably said 'we') not win this game"?

I loved that game, too and still watch it from time to time. Best part is hearing the frustration and disbelief in Aikman's voice, and he got more and more incredulous as the 4th quarter played out. You could almost hear him thinking, "how the fuck did the Cowboys (actually, he probably said 'we') not win this game"?

I recorded both of those runs on my DVD recorder too. those playoffs and the championships where almost identical in the way we won them and then beating the Patriots both times. while most people want to give the defense all the credit in those games, the offense did way more than they ever got credit for.

Which is funny because this place was in full meltdown mode a few weeks ago.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA... I'd just like to comment that I went into meltdown mode after the Niners game last year!

When it comes to meltdowns, clearly some of us are trendsetters and some are trend-ees.

Im think this week's game is the motherload of all trap games! Niners have their backs against the wall, everyone is calling for Kap's head....they have had a slew of retirements and are like a cornered cat. If anything, I think the Niners want to come out and play their hearts out in this NFC battle.

We on the other hand are dancing in pink tutus because we have won 2 in a row with our No.1 Run Defense. The way top rushing defenses have come up nought against us, we also could come up nought with one bad performance. If anything, the Niners game scares me.

They even kept GB in check the whole game. GB had 7 pts at the half - just that the Niners were worse. We've been Giants fans for too long to be able to realize exactly when these guys are primed to shit the bed.

Im think this week's game is the motherload of all trap games! Niners have their backs against the wall, everyone is calling for Kap's head....they have had a slew of retirements and are like a cornered cat. If anything, I think the Niners want to come out and play their hearts out in this NFC battle.

We on the other hand are dancing in pink tutus because we have won 2 in a row with our No.1 Run Defense. The way top rushing defenses have come up nought against us, we also could come up nought with one bad performance. If anything, the Niners game scares me.

They even kept GB in check the whole game. GB had 7 pts at the half - just that the Niners were worse. We've been Giants fans for too long to be able to realize exactly when these guys are primed to shit the bed.

Absolutely agree. 49er D was very tough, very physical against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers last week. And while the Giants are good enough to win any week, they're not nearly good enough to expect any win to be easy.

Weeks 1-2, we dug ourselves a hole.

Weeks 3-4, we filled it in.

The grass hasn't started growing just yet and maybe the fill hasn't even quite settled in and there's a little depression where there hole used to be. I think that it's still a little fresh for this to be too much of a trap game.

That said, the 49ers could certainly represent a nasty groundhog that's coming in to rip the hole wide open again.

And I agree, the Giants should be sitting on the porch with their shotgun of choice ready to blow the holy fuck out of said groundhog.

There are no givens in the NFL... every game is a battle. And we know not to even think beyond the next game.... and we know we're 2-2 (sure we could have been 4-0 bu that's not how we roll)... I've made it known that I loath the 49ers more than any other team... that includes the Cowboys and Eagles.... at least those 2 have real fans... the niners on the other hand only have fans when they're winning and some of the stupidest (yes I know I'm guilty of generalization) fans you'd ever meet... I want our Giants to stomp the fuck out of them... And PLEASE stop talking SB... I like being an underdog.