SportsWrath

Spags Tribute Thread

JMFP

Well...yeah, anyone who posts a song by Bread is pretty gay, especially "I wanna make it with you" - lol

But Spags certainly requires some lovin. The defense has been extraordinary given the pieces he was handed and things like his best player blowing his hand off during the offseason.

He's done a super, super job with this team so far.

How does Spags do so well when he is the Giants d-coord, but as a head coach and d-coord with the saints he was mediocre at best

Was wondering the same thing. It's a big leap to HC, so I understand that but he was not good as a DC with the Saints, as you say. Whatever it is, I'm glad he remembered how to do this when he came back to us!

How does Spags do so well when he is the Giants d-coord, but as a head coach and d-coord with the saints he was mediocre at best

saints were a badly mismanaged team. that's why they had to get rid of everybody and are starting all rookies on defense now

That Saints team wasn't even fighting at all because of the Bountygate suspensions and being without Sean Payton for a year. They were without any real talent to begin with, and they simply folded early.

And the Rams... any HC is going to have a short career when these are your starting QBs:

2009: Marc Bulger, Kyle Boller, Keith Null - record: 1-15

2010: Sam Bradford (rookie QB) - record: 7-9

2011: Sam Bradford (10 games), AJ Feeley (3), Kellen Clemens (3) - record: 7-9

Pretty hard to go 7-9 in the NFL with a rookie QB in 2010, and a sophomore QB that couldn't stay healthy with backups of Feeley and Clemens.

He's never been as bad a coach as people like to think. He went to the Ravens and helped their defense as Secondary coach, was very good, and was great with the Eagles as linebackers coach. He was and is a great defensive coach.

Weren't the Saint's D suspended for a while? Some people are better at executing... being an HC is a head figure but the coordinators do the dirty work.

Four games into the season and they're already lining up to give him a handjob :LMAO:

I was giving him a handjob in the offseason... It doesn't take much to see the difference in how the defense is playing... with adequate DEs... remember Fewel had Tuck and JPP... Also, don't forget he'd already earned his stripes with us fans...

I was giving him a handjob in the offseason... It doesn't take much to see the difference in how the defense is playing... with adequate DEs... remember Fewel hand Tuck and JPP... Also, don't forget he'd already earned his stripes with us fans...

I'll wait till the end of the season and see where we stand, like where it is going so far.

Weren't the Saint's D suspended for a while? Some people are better at executing... being an HC is a head figure but the coordinators do the dirty work.

The suspension was overturned. Common misconception.

Didn't Vilma sit out like an entire season? Other players were affected? Their HC suspended for an entire season?

It was overturned, Vilma played 11 games that season, missed first six weeks because he was on the PUP list.

The other players suspended(also overturned) weren't on the saints by then.

They still had a dearth of talent on that defense and HC's suspension was not overturned, Payton had to sit out the year, and that was a big deal on that team. Payton is their leader and I believe they just didn't play as hard (or as well) for Aaron Kromer and Joe Vitt.

It also was weird how they handled that, Kromer was interim coach for the first six games, then when Joe Vitt's (who was also interim head coach through camp/preseason) had concluded his 6 game suspension, he resumed his role as interim head coach for the final 10 games.

It was a weird set of circumstances and I think a big part of that team just quit on that season.

If you wanna get on Spags for a lackluster 3 years in St. Louis it's one thing but to get on him for what happened in New Orleans is plain ridiculous.

I can't remember a situation more dysfunctional and doomed to fail than that years Saints team.

-Z

If you wanna get on Spags for a lackluster 3 years in St. Louis it's one thing but to get on him for what happened in New Orleans is plain ridiculous.

I can't remember a situation more dysfunctional and doomed to fail than that years Saints team.

-Z

To put 100% of the blame for New Orleans would be ridiculous, but so would be absolving him of all blame.