SportsWrath

Cruz back for Buffalo?

ppodlesny

The Buffalo D is not that good. Yeah their front four is outstanding, but their secondary is awful. Be great to get Cruz back Edelman shredded Buffalo last week...so looking at Cruz/OBJ to do similar in a similar spot

Hopefully you are right. Haven't had much time to watch the Bills, but so far based on what I have read, they don't seem that good.

I've heard that the Bills front 7 defensive guys are pretty good, but they're inconsistent offensively. Much will depend on our offense's ability to produce in the short passing game. I imagine they'll get some pressure on Eli and if he and the receivers work on hot routes for a good portion on the time leading up to the game, it'll prove to be effective.

I don't know how well the Bills cover the short passing routes...specifically the linebackers. I think that if we go 3 WR, the slot WR will have a number of opportunities against linebackers and safeties that we'll have to take advantage of.

Lastly, it does sound strange for the Giants of all teams, but we'll definitely have to pass to set up the run.

Defensively, a mobile QB scares the shit out of me. I hope the team is able to prepare for that aspect. Perhaps a good, hard shot (late or not) early on in the game will set a tone.

Victor Cruz says he’ll play this week
Posted by Josh Alper on September 28, 2015, 8:04 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz hasn’t practiced in almost two months because of a calf injury, but he’s not letting that get in the way of promising to play in the team’s Week Four game against the Bills.

In a video for Bleacher Report that carries the (presumably not ironic) title “Uninterrupted,” Cruz, who last played nearly a year ago, made a vow that “the return is here.” Cruz’s return from last year’s torn patellar tendon was, of course, interrupted by the calf injury he suffered during training camp, but word around the Giants last week was that Cruz has been running and making progress in his quest to get back on the field.

“I’m extremely excited to start my next game, to play my first game in this young 2015 season. I’m excited to team up with Odell [beckham], man. It’s gonna be fun,” Cruz said in the video. “I just wanted to make sure that I’m 100% before I go back out there. I want to be clicking on all cylinders. I want everything to be full force just to prevent another injury, you know what I mean? So I’m excited, man.”

The Giants return to practice on Monday after beating the Redskins last Thursday. Cruz didn’t mention whether he’d be taking part, although the team would presumably want to see him get through a session or two before throwing him out in a game situation.

I heard Cruz will be back for the Buffalo game? true? If so, how much of an impact will he have in his first game back ... With Beckham, Cruz and Randle as our 3 receivers, we look a whole lot better

Well Randle already met his quota of playing great for one game.... I don't expect much out of Cruz (although defenses focusing on ODB may play a role)...

Well Randle already met his quota of playing great for one game.... I don't expect much out of Cruz (although defenses focusing on ODB may play a role)...

nonsense ... Randle is good for one more game and then we can shut him down for the season .... Well they can leave Donnell wide open, he doesn't catch anything ... so they can double cruz and odb ... should be interesting

You have to believe that both Cruz and Randle will be seeing single coverage with OBJ getting doubled. Cruz/Randle need to come out and catch 5 or 6 balls in the first few drives. If they can establish themselves as viable options early, it doesn't matter too much what they do late because they'll force coverage their way and potentially eliminate the doubling of OBJ.

I think the matchup, or player, to watch is Flowers. He's played pretty well at LT, but Pugh did too last week. I'd be really curious to see how our line would perform with Pugh and Flowers bookending it...but Flowers has been at LT since Beatty went down and I wouldn't want to take that from him. So I'd probably let Flowers at LT and let Pugh back at LG...but depending on Newhouse at RT, I'd be awfully tempted to bring Jerry in at LG and move Pugh out to RT.

nonsense ... Randle is good for one more game and then we can shut him down for the season .... Well they can leave Donnell wide open, he doesn't catch anything ... so they can double cruz and odb ... should be interesting

Randle has 2 left feet... he needs lessons from Amani Toomer.

Buffalo I think is a very very good defense. Its just that one Pats game where Bellichick just outcoached that entire team because he knew dumbshit Rex's plans from a mile away and shredded them. Otherwise they haven't been tested. Im still worried about where and how are we gonna generate a good running game - its time for one of those guys to have a 100 yrd rushing game. I cant even think of the last time we did it.

Well, the Giants defense isn't that good either, so we're even on that stat.

For 3 quarters they are pretty good...playing with a lead has been tough for them. Most teams are playing catch up so I'm not too alarmed by the exorbitant passing yardage racked up against them.