SportsWrath

Red Sox are...AWESOME!

so-cal dub

No one likes Clement these days anyway. Started out hot and fell apart towards the end.

Well, there was that nasty problem of being hit in the head with a line drive. I know he has a history of slowing down in the second half but people can't write this guy off immediately. When on, he can be an incredible pitcher. Sure he's streaky, but odds are he will be part of our rotation (at least until the trade deadline) and I think he'll do okay.

Well, there was that nasty problem of being hit in the head with a line drive. I know he has a history of slowing down in the second half but people can't write this guy off immediately. When on, he can be an incredible pitcher. Sure he's streaky, but odds are he will be part of our rotation (at least until the trade deadline) and I think he'll do okay.

It's not a history, he's only done it twice I believe.

Well, so far the rotation is looking like this:

Schilling

Beckett

Wakefield (who's going to catch him)

Clement

Wells (I guess he'll be pitching)

Papelbon waiting outside.

Is that what the rotation is looking like as of now?

Do you think Francona has enough balls to have a six man rotation like Willie should have done last year?

• 2 weeks later...
ok now this may just be me but i cant take a guy whos name is a cereal serious sure they say he is good but do we really know

Actually, yes. He's an up and coming player, playing in one of the better hitting ballparks in the majors, his stats have increased every season he has played and we all know the potential is there.

So the answer is yes.

Actually, yes. He's an up and coming player, playing in one of the better hitting ballparks in the majors, his stats have increased every season he has played and we all know the potential is there.

So the answer is yes.

ok now this may just be me but i have never heard of this guy before like two weeks ago and you are telling me he is gonna fill the spot of damon now way :TD:

ok now this may just be me but i have never heard of this guy before like two weeks ago and you are telling me he is gonna fill the spot of damon now way :TD:

Never said he is going to fill the position up to Damon's standards but the fielding is easy to replace and in that ballpark, the guy you never heard of should thrive.

He has a career .287 average and is a solid hitter. I'm surprised a sports fan with intellect of your magnitude has never heard of him before.

Never said he is going to fill the position up to Damon's standards but the fielding is easy to replace and in that ballpark, the guy you never heard of should thrive.

He has a career .287 average and is a solid hitter. I'm surprised a sports fan with intellect of your magnitude has never heard of him before.

well gateb we will see how coco does this year

well gateb we will see how coco does this year

how do you know? he's never even played center. he was a left fielder last year

I was implying OFs basically. He virtually equals Johnny's play in center even if he does struggle a bit from the start. The one thing the Sox don't lose when Johnny leaves is fielding.