SportsWrath

Coughlin to Giants: "Burn the boats!""

JMFP

Damn people, let's not forget what the GMEN have done for us the last decade. Giants having a bad season or two, while the shit teams like Dallas, The Eagles and Skins can only wish they were us! I bitch too, but I try to keep this in mind if it starts to be too much.

What I try to say too. Sometimes this place is too negative, especially considering our recent success.

What I try to say too. Sometimes this place is too negative, especially considering our recent success.

Even if we don't have a good year, it was time for some new faces and start the rebuilding process. look at all the fans of the other teams in this division, they can only dream of what NY has brought us fans. Like I say, I bitch too....but I don't have to think back very long to some really great times I've had.

Damn people, let's not forget what the GMEN have done for us the last decade. Giants having a bad season or two, while the shit teams like Dallas, The Eagles and Skins can only wish they were us! I bitch too, but I try to keep this in mind if it starts to be too much.

I started watching the Giants in 68... and have never been a happier camper. Sports are cyclic. As long as we never go through another 18 year long drought from 63-81 that ruined a generations worth of opinions about the Giants ( they were the Yankees of football)... I am content to have a few down years rewarded by a few years of playoffs and a championship or two per decade.

I started watching the Giants in 68... and have never been a happier camper. Sports are cyclic. As long as we never go through another 18 year long drought from 63-81 that ruined a generations worth of opinions about the Giants ( they were the Yankees of football)... I am content to have a few down years rewarded by a few years of playoffs and a championship or two per decade.

That drought from 1990 to 2007 was pretty bad, even the 2000 SB was horrid. I still want to slap Kerry Collins for his stupid shit in that game. with a better QB we could have won that game.

The best time to be a fan of a team is when they are on the rise. Expectations are still tempered and there's an exhilarating sense of breakthrough, as every win feels like a new frontier. Once you reach the top, the Promise Land, as it were, you worry about staying there, expectations are higher and wins are more of a relief than joyous.

it's the nature of a message board. there is no "big picture" when dozens of people are analyzing the team every day.

now get in line with what Tom says or watch your fucking boat

The best time to be a fan of a team is when they are on the rise. Expectations are still tempered and there's an exhilarating sense of breakthrough, as every win feels like a new frontier. Once you reach the top, the Promise Land, as it were, you worry about staying there, expectations are higher and wins are more of a relief than joyous.

Wow...great observation.

The wait adds sweetness. Nothing ever compared to that '86 win--not because it was unexpected, but because it was so long in the making.

--------------------------

This team can't be compared to last year's team--too many new parts, concepts. Whether it's better or not is something we have to wait on.

That drought from 1990 to 2007 was pretty bad, even the 2000 SB was horrid. I still want to slap Kerry Collins for his stupid shit in that game. with a better QB we could have won that game.

No doubt..the phantom never seen "hold" by Hamilton...that only Ed Hockufuck saw sure didn't help as that was a run back interception for a touchdown...it would have changed the whole complexion of the game... also it came out a couple of years ago that Fassel changed the whole offensive scheme from the NFC Championship to the SuperBowl thinking that the Ravens would figure them out. A classic case of outwitting yourself. Then again if you are a conspiracy theorist...Fassel was BFF with the fuck who coached the Ravens...

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/super_bowl_memories_former_giants_de_keith_hamilton_doesnt_dwell_on_loss.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A06E3D7113CF937A15752C0A96E9C8B63

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/holding-call-super-frustrating-article-1.920213

No doubt..the phantom never seen "hold" by Hamilton...that only Ed Hockufuck saw sure didn't help as that was a run back interception for a touchdown...it would have changed the whole complexion of the game... also it came out a couple of years ago that Fassel changed the whole offensive scheme from the NFC Championship to the SuperBowl thinking that the Ravens would figure them out. A classic case of outwitting yourself. Then again if you are a conspiracy theorist...Fassel was BFF with the fuck who coached the Ravens...

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/super_bowl_memories_former_giants_de_keith_hamilton_doesnt_dwell_on_loss.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A06E3D7113CF937A15752C0A96E9C8B63

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/holding-call-super-frustrating-article-1.920213

I know for a fact that we were still in that game in the 3rd qtr, but everything just kept blowing up in their faces. Very stupid way to lose a game and I wouldn't doubt Fassel cheated on us too!

I think everything would've had to go right for us in that game. The Ravens were a better team. Yes, if the Giants played their best game and the Ravens had an off-day, we could've won. But the fact is that the 2000 Ravens are in the conversation for best defense of all time. Everyone says '85 Bears, I actually believe the 2000 Ravens were even better. They were just a locomotive in that game. Collins had a difficult time just completing a pass.

I think everything would've had to go right for us in that game. The Ravens were a better team. Yes, if the Giants played their best game and the Ravens had an off-day, we could've won. But the fact is that the 2000 Ravens are in the conversation for best defense of all time. Everyone says '85 Bears, I actually believe the 2000 Ravens were even better. They were just a locomotive in that game. Collins had a difficult time just completing a pass.

Agreed.

People bitch that Collins threw the picks and at least one was his fault... but I actually give him credit in that game for chucking the ball up when everyone was covered... at least he gave his receivers a chance to go up there and make a play.

It's not like the line or running game was helping him out, and what was his alternative? Get sacked nine times?

I know for a fact that we were still in that game in the 3rd qtr, but everything just kept blowing up in their faces. Very stupid way to lose a game and I wouldn't doubt Fassel cheated on us too!

Anything for my BFF... It seems that this is the only ring he (Fassel) wanted...

Agreed.

People bitch that Collins threw the picks and at least one was his fault... but I actually give him credit in that game for chucking the ball up when everyone was covered... at least he gave his receivers a chance to go up there and make a play.

It's not like the line or running game was helping him out, and what was his alternative? Get sacked nine times?

Heresy...we'll burn ya... BURN WITCH... BURN... :furious: :furious: :furious:

Anything for my BFF... It seems that this is the only ring he (Fassel) wanted...

I guess I should let it go, but Fassel got me all pissed off when he started that " we're going to the playoffs BS " The rest of the schedule was complete cake and people acted like he was such a great coach for predicting it. :LMAO: I still say Collins was hung over from the night before " the fucking drunk" and he looked like it too. :facepalm: