Bigblue25

Published: July 20, 2014 at 06:50 p.m.

Updated: July 20, 2014 at 07:04 p.m.

Chris Snee to meet with Giants concerning future

Ian Rapoport

NFL Media Insider

+Follow on Twitter

Top 100 Bonus: Chris Snee

New York Giants offensive lineman Chris Snee is scheduled to meet with team officials on Monday to discuss the gameplan for training camp and the upcoming season.

At issue is whether Snee's body can hold up for the season or whether he'll retire.

Snee, 32, underwent elbow surgery in the offseason.

The veteran guard has spent his entire 10-year career with the Giants, playing in 141 games.

The decision is expected to come Monday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366240/article/chris-snee-to-meet-with-giants-concerning-future

I think it's about time

Article on ESPN...he's done. Great player, glad his career was here and he didn't fade off somewhere else. Time for Mosely or Jerry to step in...but even so, I'm not liking the depth issues caused when a stallwart leaves the fold.

Im glad he has made this decision. What a great Giant he was ( and a big part of why we won 2 Championships in the current era ) ..........I hope Jerry is good enough to start or we have problems

I would just like him to practice during training camp or there is going to be a lot of nail biting in September concerning the RG position.

Not diminishing anything he did as a Giant, but wouldn't it, "help the team the way I expect of myself or (how) they would expect of me," by retiring, you know, before the draft and free agency when his decision was all up in the air in the first place? Just seems stupid that we go into the season with fucking John Jerry starting at guard now. I'm not even saying it's fully Snee's responsibility to retire when it's time, but the team putting all their eggs in his basket was dumb.

Not diminishing anything he did as a Giant, but wouldn't it, "help the team the way I expect of myself or (how) they would expect of me," by retiring, you know, before the draft and free agency when his decision was all up in the air in the first place? Just seems stupid that we go into the season with fucking John Jerry starting at guard now. I'm not even saying it's fully Snee's responsibility to retire when it's time, but the team putting all their eggs in his basket was dumb.

Chris deserved and long since earned the chance to try and come back. Giants knew what they were doing when they brought in John Jerry, Chris Snee coming back and starting was not written in stone. Giants didn't put all their eggs in one basket, you're just unhappy with the other basket.

Chris deserved and long since earned the chance to try and come back. Giants knew what they were doing when they brought in John Jerry, Chris Snee coming back and starting was not written in stone. Giants didn't put all their eggs in one basket, you're just unhappy with the other basket.

If you're given two baskets, and one has shit in it while the other has slightly less stinky shit in it, you'd be happy? I know I wouldn't be drafting wide receivers if I had no one, yet again, to protect the man getting the ball to the wide receivers.

Sounds like his elbow gave up on him. It's not like he knew how he would heal before the draft or free agency.

From NFL.com

A four-time Pro Bowl player and one-time first-team All-Pro, Snee's body has betrayed him in recent years. Snee has undergone two hip surgeries and an elbow surgery over the last two years. He has reportedly been slow to recover from the elbow surgery, which prompted this decision.

Sounds like his elbow gave up on him. It's not like he knew how he would heal before the draft or free agency.

From NFL.com

From his play last year, how is it that no one knew or at least expected this to be the case? The man played nearly 10 years manning the most physically demanding position in football and the organization, or even himself, expected that he'd come back from two hip surgeries and an elbow surgery? I thought it was a terrible idea he wasn't retiring the second the 2013 season ended and I'm sure most people here did.

If you're given two baskets, and one has shit in it while the other has slightly less stinky shit in it, you'd be happy? I know I wouldn't be drafting wide receivers if I had no one, yet again, to protect the man getting the ball to the wide receivers.

Interesting comparison... It wasn't left up to either of us as to who the Giants would be drafting or signing this offseason. We do have a couple of options at RG, just not the best ones in the NFL.

Besides it's not like the Giant's would of taken a guard instead of OBJ.

Heck I'm sure even if Snee retired at years end they still would of went with OBJ, Richberd and Bromely.