SportsWrath

Phillies at Mets

Jay Lesner

Playoff atmosphere in July... Here we go again.

Mets vs Phillies again, only this time it's not in a little league ballpark.

My predictions... Mets win 2 out of 3.

Blanton will be interesting to face, wonder how he does wearing the Phillie uniform.

nice game thus far, but bombs like that AT SHEA nonetheless should not happen to Shane Fagtorino.

Has Johan impressed that much as far as you guys are concerned tonight? I think the 5 runs have really made him pitch better.

You DON'T get that with Schneider.

True, jranieli, but as has noted, Castro cannot play everyday and maintain his health. He's more effective splitting time. Just embrace Schneider for what he is! Don't hurt Brian's feelings like this.

nice game thus far, but bombs like that AT SHEA nonetheless should not happen to Shane Fagtorino.

Has Johan impressed that much as far as you guys are concerned tonight? I think the 5 runs have really made him pitch better.

xxi, I think the lead does help him. I am not watching (following MLB gamecast). But his pitch count is down and he is getting a lot of outs. I think the Phillies have had a strategy of swing away this game, maybe that has helped. How is his location tonight (assuming your watching)?

I want an ENGLISH speaking 3rd base coach. You stupid fuck Aguayo thats TWICE.

I can take the first one, thats agressive, but to run yourself into the first out of the inning when you can have 1 and 3 with 0 out and your 4 and 5 hitters up and two guys on base that can run.

Place geritol Alomar out there for gods sake, that was awful.

xxi, I think the lead does help him. I am not watching (following MLB gamecast). But his pitch count is down and he is getting a lot of outs. I think the Phillies have had a strategy of swing away this game, maybe that has helped. How is his location tonight (assuming your watching)?

so so, 4 k's no walks. What bothers me is he gives up so many hits and that first inning was frustrating, 2 outs then 3 straight hits. Location has been good, velocity ok and he seems to be able to fool them with the chageup.

Toyota Text poll just cae up

What do the Mets need at the trade deadline.

74% said outfielder

12% said starting pitcher

14% said reliever

If WIllie did this we would go nuts so I will do the honors.

Manuel knows his closer is unavailable. His starter made it trough the heart of the order in the 8th. WHy not let him start the 9th?

Awful managing.

Firstly, I would have started Joe Smith out there in the beginning of the inning.

Just pitch JOhan, he got through the heart of the order and if he then has nothing left go batter to batter with a 3 run lead.

Not for nothing, Sanchez should be able to get 3 outs with a 3 run lead and no one on. <_<