SportsWrath

Mets (20-19) vs. Yankees (20-22)

RandolphScott

I just looked up the Yankee Stadium ground rules, and it says any batted ball hitting the foul pole above the fence line is a home run. That ball hit the black part of the pole, which is below the fence line. I think that's why they called it foul.

That is easily the stupidest rule I have ever heard of Mick.

I just looked up the Yankee Stadium ground rules, and it says any batted ball hitting the foul pole above the fence line is a home run. That ball hit the black part of the pole, which is below the fence line. I think that's why they called it foul.

Here's the link.

I think the below the fence line is the painted white on the wall.

That is easily the stupidest rule I have ever heard of Mick.

Yeah, and after seeing it again a few times, it looks like a.) the black part of the pole is above the fence line (and why is that part of the pole even painted black?) and b.) the ball appeared to hit the mesh on the pole rather than the pole itself, which is obviously a home run. It looks like the umps just blew it. Lame.

Yeah, and after seeing it again a few times, it looks like a.) the black part of the pole is above the fence line (and why is that part of the pole even painted black?) and b.) the ball appeared to hit the mesh on the pole rather than the pole itself, which is obviously a home run. It looks like the umps just blew it. Lame.

It falls into the Yankee stadium ground rule 69a which reads "if a questionable call should at any time be ruled in favor of the visiting team it shall always be reversed so that the Yankees benefit". Its in the fine print.

From defense to the little things this team has played with an overall focus that I have not seen in quite some time. Do not know if its the Yankees, but I hope they take this focus on down to Turner and show Glavine we are still pissed about 2007.

i LOVE that fist pump by the end at Wright. intensity!

Up by 3 in the 8th that's still a big run and that's good agressive base running by Wright.

These are some good steps.

As focused as they have looked in a long time. Good signs no matter what happens with much more important games vs the Braves upcoming.

I cannot get all excited about beating last place teams :LMAO:

I was pissing.... why did they pull Ollie? Double header tomorrow, 9 run lead. ? Even in a blow out victory you are a shit head Willie.

doubleheader Tuesday and THEY BETTER bring this intensity to Atlanta. Even when things did not go right this weekend they were always intense thats a good sign.

I was pissing.... why did they pull Ollie? Double header tomorrow, 9 run lead. ? Even in a blow out victory you are a shit head Willie.

Day off Monday, Ollie had over 110 pitches.

1/3 of an inning won't kill Smith. Heilman will pitch the 9th as our garbage innings eater.

doubleheader Tuesday and THEY BETTER bring this intensity to Atlanta. Even when things did not go right this weekend they were always intense thats a good sign.

who's pitching game 2 for the braves tomorrow?

1/3 of an inning won't kill Smith. Heilman will pitch the 9th as our garbage innings eater.

Let Heilman rest, he needs it and despite what people think we need heilman rested and right

I thought tomorrow was the double header.... why did they not make up the rain out at 1:00 today or last night?

who's pitching game 2 for the braves tomorrow?

Not sure, I am most looking forward to seeing Pelfrey, he has impressed me the last 2 times out and has had some success against the Braves at Turner

I thought tomorrow was the double header.... why did they not make up the rain out at 1:00 today or last night?

rules against so many games in consecutive days, Mets refused and Yankees did not mind as I am sure the would rather play 4 games in a month with AROD and Posada in the lineup.

Because we had that double header looming Tuesday. I don't think the Wilpons wouldve signed off on having two double headers in three days.

What does confuse me is why we didn't schedule the Braves game for tomorrow.