SportsWrath

David Wright on Jimmy Rollins' Comments

Blue Jeans

Rollins had 6 more homeruns and 2 more RBI than Reyes. Such a glaring disparity.

Reyes also had 17 triples and 64 stolen bases last season, he is the most dynamic player in the game today.

9.1 seconds from first base to third and when he hit his inside the park homerun it took him roughly 14 seconds to go around the horn.

He`s got a cannon for an arm.

Homer

:P BTW, please take my uncanny response to your post last night, as a dumb fuck up(in which I generally am).

I know I`m a homer.

Don`t worry about it, it`s a Message Board, I don`t hold grudges.

:TU: I know, but when VG hits the powerball next weekend he's flying each and every member here to his home for a big bash, and I wouldn't want it to feel odd between us...

Rollins had 6 more homeruns and 2 more RBI than Reyes. Such a glaring disparity.

Reyes also had 17 triples and 64 stolen bases last season, he is the most dynamic player in the game today.

9.1 seconds from first base to third and when he hit his inside the park homerun it took him roughly 14 seconds to go around the horn.

He`s got a cannon for an arm.

Reyes is awesome and the most fun guy to watch play the game. Rollins is good too, but Reyes is just getting started.

What I was pointing out was that a previous poster reffered to you as a "fucking idiot" when it comes to baseball, I was pointing out I am not going down that road.

I guess what bothers me in terms of you with the Rangers is that when someone dare criticize the Rangers(as I did last year in a thread regarding them blowing a 10 run lead) you were angry that people who are not fans of the team dare question them. DOes not really matter as all at this point.

I do have two honest questions though? Do you ever criticize the Rangers or not look at everything as half full at all times(and please do not take this question the wrong way and get upset, thats not the intention)? DO you really think that the Rangers are as good of a team as the Mets(again do not get upset I am asking for an honest answer)?

OK gotcha..

I can take someone being critical of the Rangers, I got upset at the constant bashing you did of them that day.

As for your question, no, i never see the glass half full. The day after we blew the 9 run lead to the Yanks i was talking shit to so cal on aim, I'mm a very positive person and when it comes to the Rangers, it's multiplied by 10. However, I do have the ability to see things objectivly, i see our faults well. Do i think they are as good as the Mets? I'd be a fool to make that assumption. What i can say is that we have the same talent potential as the Mets, and see no reason why we can't be as suceassfull as the Mets were last year, other than the Managers.

Now, it's my turn to ask that you not get upset. Competition is baseball. For the last few years we've faced the A's starting pitching and the Angels pen. Is it so much of a stretch to think that the Mets exceeded when the Braves faultered and the Phills and Marlins were mediocre a good part of the season? I'd be dumb to say the Mets weren't a great team last year, and have the inside edge this year, but i hole heartedly believe the Rangers are not that far from doing what ya'll did last year, or something similar.

That's not the point. You're the one who brought up the HR and RBI stats for leadoff hitters. Personally, I'd trade all those homers in for a few more base hits and a few less strikeouts, he's got good hitters behind him to knock him in, he just needs to get on base more. I was just pointing out that it's pretty goofy to say that Rollins couldn't hold a candle to Reyes then citing those numbers when Rollins is not only close to him, but above him. Reyes is a damn good player, but shit you guys are acting like he's the greatest shortstop to ever play the game.

Never said they do...just showing that golfkids assertation that Rollins couldn't hold a candle to Reyes then citing Reyes' HR and RBI totals from last season is pretty silly since Rollins had him beat in both categories. And I keep hearing this "more dynamic" thing, what's that about? Serious question, what exactly is that supposed to refer to?

Last season was actually atypical for Rollins. He usually hits about 15 homers and knocks in around 60 runs, which he was about on pace to do until he went on that tear after the all star break.

:flex: That's what happens when you're around for 125 years. It's sad when you come to expect mediocrity and late season disappointments like I have. What a pathetic franchise...but I can't help but love em.

here ya go tuef. http://www.celebrate10000.com/home.asp

That's not the point. You're the one who brought up the HR and RBI stats for leadoff hitters. Personally, I'd trade all those homers in for a few more base hits and a few less strikeouts, he's got good hitters behind him to knock him in, he just needs to get on base more. I was just pointing out that it's pretty goofy to say that Rollins couldn't hold a candle to Reyes then citing those numbers when Rollins is not only close to him, but above him. Reyes is a damn good player, but shit you guys are acting like he's the greatest shortstop to ever play the game.

Rollins holds the candle but he is not as good as Jose Reyes. Rollins has just recently come into his own so it remains to be seen if he can continue this 20+ HR production and he won't top 40 steals, if he even gets that close, but he'll still reach base at a .330 clip and do his job. Thing about Reyes is that he accomplished all that in his second full year in the majors. Five years younger than Rollins, Reyes already has 159 SBs to Rollins 207 with an equal ratio. Reyes is just a plain better player and will continue to be but I don't doubt that there will be years where he and Rollins are neck and neck...especially in R, RBI, and possibly HR.

OK gotcha..

I can take someone being critical of the Rangers, I got upset at the constant bashing you did of them that day.

As for your question, no, i never see the glass half full. The day after we blew the 9 run lead to the Yanks i was talking shit to so cal on aim, I'mm a very positive person and when it comes to the Rangers, it's multiplied by 10. However, I do have the ability to see things objectivly, i see our faults well. Do i think they are as good as the Mets? I'd be a fool to make that assumption. What i can say is that we have the same talent potential as the Mets, and see no reason why we can't be as suceassfull as the Mets were last year, other than the Managers.

Now, it's my turn to ask that you not get upset. Competition is baseball. For the last few years we've faced the A's starting pitching and the Angels pen. Is it so much of a stretch to think that the Mets exceeded when the Braves faultered and the Phills and Marlins were mediocre a good part of the season? I'd be dumb to say the Mets weren't a great team last year, and have the inside edge this year, but i hole heartedly believe the Rangers are not that far from doing what ya'll did last year, or something similar.

Why the Mets did well in 06 was based simply on the fact they were better teams than the Braves and Phils, as for the Marlins, thats a good young team that should scare anyone in the NL east and the entire league down the road. No doubt the Rangers face some tough competition in the A's and the Angels pen, but much like the Mets exuse when the Braves pitching beat them year in and year out neither of those teams go very far(except the 02 Angels) beyond the the first round. I was shocked the A's did it this year in fact.

I do not think the Rangers are that far off myself, I think that they see that Jaramillo can work with hitters and I think they have gone away from that bash em mantality with their offense and posses some good athletes who can make things happen with playing small ball, combined with good defense and of course pitching. I could see the Rangers easily taking the west as none of those teams that were in frongt of them last year blow me away.