SportsWrath

Looks like I was right

JMFP

First, I'm glad I'm posting this AFTER JMFP posted his above post about the toolbags.

Second, when you have a choice between an elite playmaker and an elite guard, you take the elite playmaker every time. That is, unless you are already loaded with playmakers.

First, I'm glad I'm posting this AFTER JMFP posted his above post about the toolbags.

Second, when you have a choice between an elite playmaker and an elite guard, you take the elite playmaker every time. That is, unless you are already loaded with playmakers.

Bobby Rainey would agree with you.

he was roster filler. to be honest, a player like him is a good litmus test for how far a team can go.... if a guy like Rainey is getting regular snaps, you're pretty much fucked.

If they don't get better and deeper next year such that Rainey is still on the team, I think we can expect another 1st round exit at best

I'm sorry.. why is everyone shitting on Rainey? Is he making $8M per year or something?

Well, I don't mean to shit on him really... He just isn't a replacement level player. Need better talent at the bottom of the roster. Either somebody with talent and is developing, or reliable roster fill. Not someone like Rainey who is not quite either.