SportsWrath

Andrew Norwell

Nas

Well that settles it, I was already team Nelson and now I really dont want anyone else. Drafting him and signing Ryan Jensen would really go a long way in fixing the o-line. That norwell contract is just way out of the Giants price range with their cap situation

Well that settles it, I was already team Nelson and now I really dont want anyone else. Drafting him and signing Ryan Jensen would really go a long way in fixing the o-line. That norwell contract is just way out of the Giants price range with their cap situation

Agree. This makes it imperative that we draft Nelson.....and don't get f*cking cute - grab him at 2. Tampa Bay is itching to move up from 7 and snatch him away, ala Conklin/Floyd.

Agree. This makes it imperative that we draft Nelson.....and don't get f*cking cute - grab him at 2. Tampa Bay is itching to move up from 7 and snatch him away, ala Conklin/Floyd.

But if we can trade down a few spots and get extra picks, it may very well be worth it... I just don't think there's only one way we can go and quite honestly I don't think a guard is our biggest headache anyway...

Damn. Its a frustrating situation. There is basically no way to fix this line. It will be worse then last year. We will have one great rookie, then two more in no way ready rookies, and probably pick up some old shitty scrubs. Thanks Reese. Smh

Damn. Its a frustrating situation. There is basically no way to fix this line. It will be worse then last year. We will have one great rookie, then two more in no way ready rookies, and probably pick up some old shitty scrubs. Thanks Reese. Smh

I really don't see how it can be worse than last year... We had starters that wouldn't make it on college teams..

But if we can trade down a few spots and get extra picks, it may very well be worth it... I just don't think there's only one way we can go and quite honestly I don't think a guard is our biggest headache anyway...

Well, the OL in it's entirely IS our biggest headache. And most believe that Nelson is a 7 to 10 cornerstone, pro bowl anchor. If we trade down and get, say Buffalo's 12 and 22 (I think?) and next year's #1, which would be a lot, you're thinking we'd get three great players or even three very good players, instead of one. But those three players could also turn into the equivalent of Eli Apple/Prince Amukamara/Eric Flowers caliber player....or maybe we even hit on one or two and get a pretty good player, on the Justin Pugh level. More than likely, those three picks will get you a mix of pretty good to so-so. I'd rather have the ten year stud anchor than three maybes.

Even going to # 6 (which wouldn't bring as big a return), you're dealing with a crap shoot after Barkley and Nelson. Give me the sure thing.

Well, the OL in it's entirely IS our biggest headache. And most believe that Nelson is a 7 to 10 cornerstone, pro bowl anchor. If we trade down and get, say Buffalo's 12 and 22 (I think?) and next year's #1, which would be a lot, you're thinking we'd get three great players or even three very good players, instead of one. But those three players could also turn into the equivalent of Eli Apple/Prince Amukamara/Eric Flowers caliber player....or maybe we even hit on one or two and get a pretty good player, on the Justin Pugh level. More than likely, those three picks will get you a mix of pretty good to so-so. I'd rather have the ten year stud anchor than three maybes.

Even going to # 6 (which wouldn't bring as big a return), you're dealing with a crap shoot after Barkley and Nelson. Give me the sure thing.

Im with you. This isnt the time to get cute. Trading down for picks is great in theory but you have to get the picks right which isnt easy even if youre the best G.M. in football. Ill take one sure thing over taking multiple lower percentage shots

I don't think this is the time to panic... how did we go from QB, to RB, back to QB, and now Guard... we can only select one and it should be either the BPA or trade the fuck down and get more able bodies. It's not like we don't have a 2nd round and a 3rd round pick to fix the fucking OL... and it's not like there aren't any other FA that could be better than the cluster fuck we had at OL....

Isn't the draft deep in interior linemen? I think position-wise that's a reach at 2.

Yep... if Cleveland pick Barkely, then by all means we should trade down... I don't see the point of picking a guard at 2 nor a QB who's potentially as good as Webb anyway...

I don't think this is the time to panic... how did we go from QB, to RB, back to QB, and now Guard... we can only select one and it should be either the BPA or trade the fuck down and get more able bodies. It's not like we don't have a 2nd round and a 3rd round pick to fix the fucking OL... and it's not like there aren't any other FA that could be better than the cluster fuck we had at OL....

i agree- without all the swear words :*