SportsWrath

Burress expected back in two weeks

jranieli

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-b...o&type=lgns

New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress appears to have avoided serious injury after his leg was grazed by a bullet in an accidental shooting Friday night, and two sources say he should be able to return to the field this season.

“From everything I’ve heard, he was really lucky,” said a member of Burress’ family who had been told only general details about the event.

Burress had already been ruled out of the Giants’ game Sunday against the Washington Redskins because of a hamstring injury before the incident, in which he reportedly shot himself by accident.

“I don’t exactly know what happened with all of this, where he was or whether he had the gun or what,” another source said. “All I know is he’s supposed to be back in a couple of weeks.”

This is the latest incident in what has been a disappointing season for Burress, who caught the game-winning touchdown pass for the Giants in their victory over New England in the Super Bowl last season.

Since then, Burress has squabbled with the team over his contract. After getting a new deal the day the season opened, Burress has been suspended for one game and fined one week’s pay for multiple violations of team rules. He has been fined numerous times and was benched during one game.

He sustained the hamstring injury in practice last week and missed all but the first series of the Giants’ victory at Arizona last Sunday. Burress has 35 catches for 454 yards and four touchdowns this season, putting him on pace for by far his worst season since joining the Giants in 2005.

In 2004, he was limited to 35 catches for 698 yards and five touchdowns in his last season with Pittsburgh. As a rookie first-round pick with the Steelers in 2000, Burress had a career-low 22 receptions.

Why wouldn't they? He shot himself by accident..these things do happen.

It's not as bad as throwing money on strippers and then slapping them when you want it back,

ala Pacman Jones.

If he didn't have a gun permit then he can be in trouble.

Carrying a loaded gun into a club isn't exactly smiled upon.

If he didn't have a gun permit then he can be in trouble.

Carrying a loaded gun into a club isn't exactly smiled upon.

I'm going to assume he had a permit, I know NY and NJ's laws

on legal guns are very strict.

If it turns out to be a illegal gun, well then he's an idiot and should be

punished.

Plaxico Burress was hospitalized last night after a loaded gun he was carrying accidentally fired, causing injuries to his leg that are not life-threatening, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The incident is believed to have occurred at a club in New York City, where Burress was reportedly with several teammates, the source said. Earlier on Friday Burress had been declared out of Sunday's game against the Redskins in Washington with a hamstring injury.

The Giants have acknowledged the shooting and are expected to release a statement shortly.

so he was believed to be at a club, but he was there with teammates.

if he did in fact carry a loaded handgun into a club in NYC he has bigger problems than a hole in his leg. He is going to jail I think.

I know he doesn't have a NY carry permit. Almost impossable to get unless former law enforcement.

think it is mandatory jail otherwise.

if he did in fact carry a loaded handgun into a club in NYC he has bigger problems than a hole in his leg. He is going to jail I think.

I know he doesn't have a NY carry permit. Almost impossable to get unless former law enforcement.

think it is mandatory jail otherwise.

I think that he has a personality problem. It seems that he firmly believes that he is a person who is above authorities (law- team rules- etc) and he can do anything that he wants. I believe that Jerry Reese will take the actions of him into consideration. Personally, if he guilty of a gun law violation, I hope that the NFL Commissioner takes appropriate action against this arrogant asshole.

I think that he has a personality problem. It seems that he firmly believes that he is a person who is above authorities (law- team rules- etc) and he can do anything that he wants. I believe that Jerry Reese will take the actions of him into consideration. Personally, if he guilty of a gun law violation, I hope that the NFL Commissioner takes appropriate action against this arrogant asshole.

yeah what an asshole, i wish he never joined the team and caught all those huge passes en route to a superbowl