SportsWrath

Beatty

BlueInCanada

As much as people have been laying into the guy, he has had a bounce back season.

Not a 30 million dollar bounce back season but in my mind he's played himself back into the starting LT role that got him that contract, I would even say he's has been a top 15 LT this year.

Take today for example, he was against Quinn, the same DE who had 20(?) sacks last season and 11 this season. Beatty held him (in more ways than one) too zero sacks on the day, I don't even think he had a solo tackle and man handled him in the run game. I'll take the holding penalties if it means Eli isnt having to peel himself off the turf every other play.

Granted I feel like if he wants to continue being on the Giant's he would need to restructure his contract, but I wouldn't have a problem with him being the starting LT next season.

The O-line has been playing really well in general the last number of weeks, I think in large part to Beatty and Pugh being able to keep DEs off of Eli.

As much as people have been laying into the guy, he has had a bounce back season.

Not a 30 million dollar bounce back season but in my mind he's played himself back into the starting LT role that got him that contract, I would even say he's has been a top 15 LT this year.

Take today for example, he was against Quinn, the same DE who had 20(?) sacks last season and 11 this season. Beatty held him (in more ways than one) too zero sacks on the day, I don't even think he had a solo tackle and man handled him in the run game. I'll take the holding penalties if it means Eli isnt having to peel himself off the turf every other play.

Granted I feel like if he wants to continue being on the Giant's he would need to restructure his contract, but I wouldn't have a problem with him being the starting LT next season.

The O-line has been playing really well in general the last number of weeks, I think in large part to Beatty and Pugh being able to keep DEs off of Eli.

Holding helps

Yeah, I feel more confident in Beatty than I did at the beginning of the year and I don't think that should go unmentioned. That said, I'd have to look at his salary compared to other LTs in the league and evaluate performance before I'd vote yay or nay on a restructure. But going into next year, I'm fine with him at OT...but still think that offensive line depth is a huge issue.