SportsWrath

Notable Free Agents

Nas

Notable Players In Prospective 2015 Free-Agent Class

Pos............... 2014 Accomplishments

Ndamukong Suh DT DET..... Named AP first-team All-Pro three times

DeMarco Murray RB DAL Cowboys-record 1,845 rushing yards (passed Emmitt Smith) in 2014

Dez Bryant WR DAL Cowboys-record 16 receiving TD (passed Terrell Owens) in 2014

Demaryius Thomas WR DEN Broncos-record 1,619 receiving yards (passed Rod Smith) in 2014

Julius Thomas TE DEN First TE in NFL history with 12 receiving TD in back-to-back seasons

Justin Houston LB KC Chiefs-record 22.0 sacks (passed Derrick Thomas) in 2014

Randall Cobb WR GB Has caught 75 percent of career targets

Mike Iupati G SF Pro Bowl selection in each of the past three seasons

Byron Maxwell DB SEA Six interceptions past two seasons (tied second-most on Seahawks)

Jason Pierre-Paul DE NYG Team-high 12.5 sacks in 2014

The above is from ESPN.com... I think it's a forgone conclusion we keep JPP. I doubt we go after Suh at least not vigirously (I really think Bromely should see the field a lot this upcoming season). But man since our OL is the most glaring problem, I'd have to believe the Giants will try to go after Iupati. As far as WR is concerned, Dez is likely to stay in Dallas (although having him and ODB on the same team is just a wet dream)...

I think we'd go after JPP or Justin Houston...getting one of the two is necessary. I think an offer to Suh would happen given his comments about playing in NY, but given the stupid penalties, I think ultimately he signs elsewhere.

I think that a starting G or T is needed in free agency as well as the draft. Getting two quality players and releasing Walton would be a pretty good upgrade for one offseason I'd think.

No way we're getting Dez Bryant. I am watching though, to see how Dallas manages their offseason with Free, Bryant, and Murray all free agents.

I think we'd go after JPP or Justin Houston...getting one of the two is necessary. I think an offer to Suh would happen given his comments about playing in NY, but given the stupid penalties, I think ultimately he signs elsewhere.

I think that a starting G or T is needed in free agency as well as the draft. Getting two quality players and releasing Walton would be a pretty good upgrade for one offseason I'd think.

No way we're getting Dez Bryant. I am watching though, to see how Dallas manages their offseason with Free, Bryant, and Murray all free agents.

I think Dallas keeps both players... Dez will get a huge contract and DeMarco knows he has maybe 3 years left and probably won't replicate his 2014 performance (odds are against him here). Dallas' OL is that great and he knows that.

I think Dallas keeps both players... Dez will get a huge contract and DeMarco knows he has maybe 3 years left and probably won't replicate his 2014 performance (odds are against him here). Dallas' OL is that great and he knows that.

If Dallas signs both Dez and Demarco, which I'm guessing they may be able to do with a Romo restructure and the increased cap...other areas of that team, to include the offensive line (Doug Free being the first domino), will suffer. If the Cowboys are smart, they'd be cautious not to hamstring themselves too much there.

Backup RB Randle's legal issues might come into play there too.

If Dallas signs both Dez and Demarco, which I'm guessing they may be able to do with a Romo restructure and the increased cap...other areas of that team, to include the offensive line (Doug Free being the first domino), will suffer. If the Cowboys are smart, they'd be cautious not to hamstring themselves too much there.

Backup RB Randle's legal issues might come into play there too.

Doug Free is a free agent too?

Doug Free is a free agent too?

Yep, according to spotrac: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/dallas-cowboys/

Some of the more notable:

Doug Free, OT

Jeremy Parnell, OT

Dez Bryant, WR

Demarco Murray, RB

Bruce Carter, LB

Justin Durant, LB

Rolando McClain, LB

Lance Dunbar, RB

3 starting LBers - all free agents

2 RBs are free agents, 3rd is in legal issues

Top WR is free agent

Starting AND backup RT are free agents

Currently less than 9 million in cap space, again, according to spotrac. Romo is currently at a ridiculous 27.7 million cap hit...so he's certain to restructure to spread that out...so the cap number of 9 million will go up substantially...but you have to believe that there are going to be some guys there that they want to keep and won't be able to.

Yep, according to spotrac: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/dallas-cowboys/

Doug Free, OT

Jeremy Parnell, OT

Dez Bryant, WR

Demarco Murray, RB

Bruce Carter, LB

Justin Durant, LB

Rolando McClain, LB

Lance Dunbar, RB

Top WR is free agent

Currently less than 9 million in cap space, again, according to spotrac. Romo is currently at a ridiculous 27.7 million cap hit...so he's certain to restructure to spread that out...so the cap number of 9 million will go up substantially...but you have to believe that there are going to be some guys there that they want to keep and won't be able to.

Fuck let's get McClain from them... only to make them weaker... AND we need help in that department.

Doug Free, OT

Jeremy Parnell, OT

Dez Bryant, WR

Demarco Murray, RB

Bruce Carter, LB

Justin Durant, LB

Rolando McClain, LB

Lance Dunbar, RB

Top WR is free agent

Holy shit! If Romo winds up out of the league in the next couple of years (not that hard to picture, considering his back), that team is fucked.

I don't know how they keep Bryant and Murray without gutting their defense and losing Free. Not that their defense was as great as the stats seem to show, but still...

If the house had nothing in it and had been on the market for a while, it looks like he would be the prime suspect.
But, hopefully he had enough sense to leave it furnished and had the usual items in place {photo albums, trophies, mementos, that sort of stuff}. That way it was appealing to a prospective buyer looking for a family home.
On the flip side, if he paid a crackhead to torch his place, then he’d better hope like hell said crackhead doesn’t start running their mouth!

Getting Suh would be my wet dream come true.

I highly doubt the Giants go after him.... I've been lobbying (here :) ) for Bromely to get more playing time and we have a star in Hankin... so as appealing as Suh would be, the money spent on him can be spent elsewhere like getting a solid OL and WR.

I don't disagree with most of that, but Suh instantly makes our dline among the most formidable in the league provided we keep jpp. Draft an end and we are in serious business.

I'm biased but i believe the dt position is the most important on the defense. A guy like suh frees up the linebackers to blitz or play the run with much less molestation.

And i would take suh over jpp. If I'm making the call suh is my number one priority even if it means we don't sign another fa.

We already have a young guy who was drafted to anchor the DT position next to Hankins. Besisdes, Suh would command a huge contract thereby hamstringing us from making any other moves. I'd rather have blue collar guys like Ayers out there instead of superstars who eat up so much cap room.

If you get Suh and retain JPP, which seems sort of on the fringe of realism, then you instantly elevate the Giants defense to a dominant level, the kind of defense that can carry a team to the Super Bowl. I really beleive if you have a chance to make that happen, and you still have room to operate to fill out the roster, I think you have to do it. It's a gamble, but you're gambling on a hall of fame level talent. I think we can piece the rest of this thing together. I agree with Nas in that we don't HAVE to have Suh to compete for the division. Afterall, Bromley could be a good player, and Hankins seems to be a very good player. But the promise of a dominant defense we haven't seen since 2007, and maybe even better, is too great to pass up.

If you get Suh and retain JPP, which seems sort of on the fringe of realism, then you instantly elevate the Giants defense to a dominant level, the kind of defense that can carry a team to the Super Bowl. I really beleive if you have a chance to make that happen, and you still have room to operate to fill out the roster, I think you have to do it. It's a gamble, but you're gambling on a hall of fame level talent. I think we can piece the rest of this thing together. I agree with Nas in that we don't HAVE to have Suh to compete for the division. Afterall, Bromley could be a good player, and Hankins seems to be a very good player. But the promise of a dominant defense we haven't seen since 2007, and maybe even better, is too great to pass up.

this...