SportsWrath

Giants Sign CFL's Best Center

Mr. P

Nor I, but wouldn't the better comparison be between what we called an offensive line last season and what this guy did in the Canadian league?

I think the extent of the conversation involves the Giants finding a guy, who had a great deal of success in the professional league of which he was a member, and the Giants bringing him in to compete. Nobody is printing up pro bowl jerseys for this guy. Nobody is even guaranteeing him a starting spot. He's a guy who is being given a shot. Perhaps what makes it most intriguing is the poor play we had on the interior offensive line last year.

So, this CFL player may not end up being NFL calibur, but then again, neither was our offensive line last year...so it still might be an improvement.

For example......if I learned that the Montreal Canadians just signed "Slovakia's best defenseman", I'd think, "ok, maybe the dude can play."

That's sort of the same thing I think whenever I hear about an NFL team signing a dude from another league.

Not saying it's a bad move....from a cost standpoint, I'm sure it's a low risk scenario.......and I can find some fat slob from WalMart that is better in run blocking than John Jerry.

Cameron Wake comes to mind. Hopefully the Giants find a keeper.

He was actually on the Giants practice squad very early in his career, before the CFL...just goes to show the depth that we had at DE then....now look at us!