SportsWrath

Beckham wasn't ever 100% healthy

Treehugger

I think Coughlin should play Beckham no matter what. Pulled hamstring, bad knee, gimpy foot... just play him, you IMGRATE!

In year four, Beckham can catch maybe 40 passes for 600 yards, and then become a nobody for the Colts.

:TU:

And I agree with you agreeing with Boo (just remember, I'm illogical :P )

Then I continued reading in a very relaxed Thursday morning sipping my coffee and you had to throw it in there... you mentioned a name that should never be mentioned (I have no access to prozac) :rules:

Sorry to retraumatize ya man... but it had to be written... While you have a winning record you should play the veteran... once you are on a losing streak... throw in the savior... its pretty simple. Otherwise just start the year with Eli playing...if you are going to tank the season ...do it from the beginning... and as long as you are not mathematically eliminated you have a chance... Not a great...good... or fair chance... but a chance none the less... :P

Sorry to retraumatize ya man... but it had to be written... While you have a winning record you should play the veteran... once you are on a losing streak... throw in the savior... its pretty simple. Otherwise just start the year with Eli playing...if you are going to tank the season ...do it from the beginning... and as long as you are not mathematically eliminated you have a chance... Not a great...good... or fair chance... but a chance none the less... :P

Wait, doesn't everybody accuse Coughlin (negatively) of playing the veteran (with a winning record).

It's in Accorsi's book. Coughlin watched the tape and saw that Warner was missing open guys and waiting for his number one option to come open. In the Arizona game he held onto the ball multiple times for 4 seconds and Bertrand Berry was made to look like Reggie White

It's in Accorsi's book. Coughlin watched the tape and saw that Warner was missing open guys and waiting for his number one option to come open. In the Arizona game he held onto the ball multiple times for 4 seconds and Bertrand Berry was made to look like Reggie White

Great book.

I've got to read that.

I learned a lot about quarterback play that season. Warner's play in 2004 was the ugliest 60%+ completion rate I've ever seen. Eli had some real stinkers when he came in, but he also had a few games in which it was obvious he would play at a higher level than Warner, especially in less than optimal circumstances. (Warner did have spectacular touch and accuracy when he had time and a target though.)

i wish i could find it, but i remember reading an article in the new york times where they broke down his dropbacks and determined that he was holding the ball a couple of seconds longer than the average qb. could be that the receivers weren't getting open, could be that he was trying to hold onto the job by not throwing interceptions but either way he was apparently holding onto it too long.