SportsWrath

Giants Free Agents

BronxRik

New York Giants

• Antrel Rolle, S: No, I'm not a fan. We've paid him like an All Star, he has at his best been okay. He didn't have a good year. To me, Devin McCourty is worth the investment.
  • Jason Pierre-Paul, DE. Franchise tag IMO, he needs to prove himself another year of being healthy.
  • Walter Thurmond, CB: I'd bring him back because he never got the chance to play and he's been good prior to getting here. You might even gt him for less monet.
  • Stevie Brown, S: No, he's underperformed, move on.
  • Jacquian Williams, OLB: No, someone is going to offer him a 2 -3 year contract elsewhere IMO and we have no business matching it.
  • Spencer Paysinger, OLB : No, move on,
  • Henry Hynoski, FB: Yes because full backs aren't a hot commodity and the Giants are one of the few that value them more highly than others. He won't cost much.
  • Quintin Demps, S: No, because part of the appeal of getting him was he was a return guy, and he didn't have anything to do with it.
  • Jerrel Jernigan, WR: I would, because I think he's better than Preston Parker. But I bet the Giants right now would value Parker more.
  • James Brewer, G, : No, that project is done and it's failed.
  • John Jerry, G: No, because if we're healthy he's a backup. After a season as a starter, he's going to think he should be paid like one. Fact is, he sucks.
  • Zack Bowman, CB: Yes, absolutely. He played well on special teams and he's more than servicable if we have a corner go down.
  • Mark Herzlich, ILB: If this was last year, I'd say no. But he was better this year. He will be cheap and he could end up like another Chase Blackburn down the line.

Who stays, and who goes? I'd kinda like Rolle to stick around....see what Spags can do with him.

Only reason why I picked Williams over Herzlich is the clear speed advantage and Herzlich isn't a three down LB. As far as Herzlich playing better than Williams this season, never happened. Can't justify his roster spot just for special teams play next season. If we could merge Herzlich's knowledge with Williams speed, we'd have someone worth a four year contract.

I thought Herzlich was much, much improved this season. He aspired to average, and he has achieved his goal!

Williams regressed a lot this season. I don't think he's ever really going to get it.

Only reason why I picked Williams over Herzlich is the clear speed advantage and Herzlich isn't a three down LB. As far as Herzlich playing better than Williams this season, never happened. Can't justify his roster spot just for special teams play next season. If we could merge Herzlich's knowledge with Williams speed, we'd have someone worth a four year contract.

Herzlich and Williams suck big donkey balls. I say let them both walk away.

Herzlich and Williams suck big donkey balls. I say let them both walk away.

This... we could get undrafted free agents or Christ literal walk ons who could probably do better. Sirs I knew Chase Blackburn... and you gentlemen are no Chase Blackburn's... :D

how sad is it that we're reduced to debating not only who the worst linebacker on the team is, but which one of them - if not all of them - is the worst linebacker(s) in the league.

It ain't Herzlich though. He actually had enough speed this season that running backs were not routinely turning the corner on him. Not saying we should be glad if he's a starter, just saying that as far as roster filler goes we could do worse.

I don't recall seeing much from Paysinger this year. And Williams... wow, I've seen enough of him. Worst pursuit angles I've ever seen, and after four years in the league that is unforgivable.

I thought Herzlich was much, much improved this season. He aspired to average, and he has achieved his goal!

Williams regressed a lot this season. I don't think he's ever really going to get it.

J. Williams didn't regress, actually he improved. 2014 was the first time he went into the season as a starter and was on the field almost 100% of the time on all three downs until he went on IR. Up until 2014 he was on the field as a backup until injuries made him a starter. Clearly being on the field more in 2014 also exposed his flaws more than when he was just a backup.

This...JWill may be the worst LB in the NFL if it wasn't for Paysinger

I think there was cheating involved this year in regards to JWill.

Anytime an announcer said, "their best cover linebacker..." a TE or FB swing pass went for 20 yards against him.

We need to investigate.

J. Williams didn't regress, actually he improved. 2014 was the first time he went into the season as a starter and was on the field almost 100% of the time on all three downs until he went on IR. Up until 2014 he was on the field as a backup until injuries made him a starter. Clearly being on the field more in 2014 also exposed his flaws more than when he was just a backup.

Fair points, maybe he just seemed worse because I saw so much more of him.

not on player really jumps at me saying i gotta have him back. I would like Rolle back at a fair price.

JPP? He was pretty good against the run this season...doesn't show up on the stat sheet necessarily, but I think he needs to be brought back...especially given the liklihood of Kiwi being done. Two holes at DE wouldn't be a good thing.

Rolle, agreed...should come back at a reasonable price. No more than half what he was being paid on a 2 or 3 year deal tops.

JPP? He was pretty good against the run this season...doesn't show up on the stat sheet necessarily, but I think he needs to be brought back...especially given the liklihood of Kiwi being done. Two holes at DE wouldn't be a good thing.

Rolle, agreed...should come back at a reasonable price. No more than half what he was being paid on a 2 or 3 year deal tops.

i just see JPP being a cap buster to keep him. You cant throw the farm away to keep the cow.

From what we've heard and read, if they have to, they'll use the Franchise tag on him.

Given the Giants history, it seems they'd only be willing to tag him if a long term deal is all but done. I don't think they'd use the tag just to keep him for another year.

Hopefully Spags can get their money's worth out of him. That alone would justify his hire.

Yeah, I'm anxious to see what Spags does with JPP (assuming he's back), Hankins, and Moore on the defensive line and Kennard in the LB group. They need to clear up some personnel in the secondary and linebacker spots, but I think Spags has some pieces already.

Yeah, I'm anxious to see what Spags does with JPP (assuming he's back), Hankins, and Moore on the defensive line and Kennard in the LB group. They need to clear up some personnel in the secondary and linebacker spots, but I think Spags has some pieces already.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

At the same time, I am cautiously optimistic. At the same time that I see pieces that could be used as part of a respectable defense, I would not at all be surprised to see the defense in the same shape it was in this past year. I take comfort in the fact the team sees deficiencies and tries to address them. That's about all you can ask from ownership/management.