SportsWrath

Brandon Scherff

Sephiroth

If we take Peat, that means either we're letting Beatty go or moving Pugh to Guard, which he says isn't happening, as per TC. And we'd still have a hole at Guard. I want a big bulldozer there. I think it's the key to finally unlocking a running game. And if there's not a stud LB on the board when we're up, I'm not so sure I wouldn't take a Guard at 9.

If we take Peat, that means either we're letting Beatty go or moving Pugh to Guard, which he says isn't happening, as per TC. And we'd still have a hole at Guard. I want a big bulldozer there. I think it's the key to finally unlocking a running game. And if there's not a stud LB on the board when we're up, I'm not so sure I wouldn't take a Guard at 9.

I'd bet if we took Peat he would play at least a year at RT with pugh moving to guard.

That would be my guess.

I'm never a fan of just saying "we need to draft this position". I want a great player.

Gman, the Gianta brain trust went on with Mike Francesa last week and they were very non commital about Pugh sticking at RT, Reese and Mara especially.

Giants draft Peat, kick Pugh to left guard, Schwartz to right guard and you've upgraded the offensive line

I'm not a big fan of Peat. My pick is T.J Clemmings of Pitt if they were to go OT... which I think they do. Clemmings has only been an OT for two years. Played at the same high school has Cruz has DE. Pitt moved him to RT where he's been dominate. I wouldn't mind Pugh moving to LT and have Clemmings play RT. Still would need a guard which I think they can get later

http://www.draftbreakdown.com/video-embed/?clip=253992

Just hope Schwartz is the real deal.

I heard something on the radio the other day that basically said he's had one healthy season of the last four.

I think we need some help there, or at the very least quality depth.

I'm not a big fan of Peat. My pick is T.J Clemmings of Pitt if they were to go OT... which I think they do. Clemmings has only been an OT for two years. Played at the same high school has Cruz has DE. Pitt moved him to RT where he's been dominate. I wouldn't mind Pugh moving to LT and have Clemmings play RT. Still would need a guard which I think they can get later

http://www.draftbreakdown.com/video-embed/?clip=253992

Pugh to LT? Did you mean LG? Also, what's this talk about moving Pugh to the left anyway... is there a reason to believe he'll be any better at LG than RG?

Pugh to LT? Did you mean LG? Also, what's this talk about moving Pugh to the left anyway... is there a reason to believe he'll be any better at LG than RG?

Pugh played all his college years at LT, the Giant's moved him to the right side and many "experts" believed he should of been moved to guard right out of the draft.

He's proven he can play tackle in the NFL, if the Giant's draft a RT or LT to pair with him they wont have any worries at that position for a long time.

Still need to address the guard position though, like BB25 said.

I heard something on the radio the other day that basically said he's had one healthy season of the last four.

I think we need some help there, or at the very least quality depth.

And that one season he was on the bench up until the final seven games, but he did play well in those seven games. Still not a franchise type guy

Pugh played all his college years at LT, the Giant's moved him to the right side and many "experts" believed he should of been moved to guard right out of the draft.

He's proven he can play tackle in the NFL, if the Giant's draft a RT or LT to pair with him they wont have any worries at that position for a long time.

Still need to address the guard position though, like BB25 said.

What about Beatty then?

What about Beatty then?

I never said the GIant's should draft a tackle, but at the same time Pugh has done enough to warrant that he's a starting tackle in the league, he's outplayed Beatty anyways.

I think the Giant's go guard in the draft anyways, Beatty is going to be around one more year before the Giant's consider taking a cap hit by releasing him, if they figure they need to. Beatty played better this season then previous years, I'd have no problem with him and Pugh as the starting tackles, I worry more about the interior of the line which fails to get any sort of push on running plays.

I don't think the Giant's go O-line in round one, but push for the best guards in the second and third rounds.

I never said the GIant's should draft a tackle, but at the same time Pugh has done enough to warrant that he's a starting tackle in the league, he's outplayed Beatty anyways.

I think the Giant's go guard in the draft anyways, Beatty is going to be around one more year before the Giant's consider taking a cap hit by releasing him, if they figure they need to. Beatty played better this season then previous years, I'd have no problem with him and Pugh as the starting tackles, I worry more about the interior of the line which fails to get any sort of push on running plays.

I don't think the Giant's go O-line in round one, but push for the best guards in the second and third rounds.

This, but it's why I think they go OT. At worst the rookie sits for a year and we still have Pugh + rookie has the bookends for ten years

Zero chance this years first round pick doesn't hit the floor running. They struck gold with Beckham and they have a good piece in Pugh, but this 9th pick has to play from day one. Or Coughlin won't get to coach him for his second year

I think that might be a foregone conclusion. This team has so many holes it'd take a great draft, solid free agent class and a healthy season for a sniff at the playoffs. People think we're a player or two away but it's really more like six to eight players away.

I think we can get a guard in round two or three like BiC said. I think they'll sign someone like Bryan Bulaga who can play inside or out and decide what to do with Pugh from there. Peat to me is a LT only and is only 21, they won't have a 21 year old protecting Eli's blindside

Zero chance this years first round pick doesn't hit the floor running. They struck gold with Beckham and they have a good piece in Pugh, but this 9th pick has to play from day one. Or Coughlin won't get to coach him for his second year

I agree.

And I think with McAdoo and Spags, they finally have two coordinators that have shown the ability to trust rookies with assignments.

Frankly, I think Scherff could step in on day one at left guard, he has the power to play the position. And, he can play OT, obviously, which gives us a long term answer at left tackle......having Will Beatty at OT doesn't give me a warm and cozy feeling, frankly, but they have so many holes on this roster he's not the biggest issue right now.

If not Scherff, then if an impact, 3-down linebacker is available, I'd be thrilled.

I'm still very apprehensive about drafting an offensive lineman from Iowa. They haven't exactly lit it up in the NFL,

I wouldn't call Gallary ...a solid 8 year pro...or Burlga up in Green Bay mediocre...at all........,then you have Yanda over in Baltimore who is multi-time All Pro at guard .....whom Scherf is often compared too.......all three were or are better then any of the screen doors we have now,,.a line were Scherf would start tomorrow at any position but center...and we'd be better from day one.

Dont go shitting on Hawkeye Lineman Golfie......:)

C. Wagon

I wouldn't call Gallary ...a solid 8 year pro...or Burlga up in Green Bay mediocre...at all........,then you have Yanda over in Baltimore who is multi-time All Pro at guard .....whom Scherf is often compared too.......all three were or are better then any of the screen doors we have now,,.a line were Scherf would start tomorrow at any position but center...and we'd be better from day one.

Dont go shitting on Hawkeye Lineman Golfie......:)

C. Wagon

Gallery wasn't the franchise LT he was supposed to be, but he was a solid OG. Riley Reiff in Detroit is pretty good too(allowed two sacks.) You can't compare past prospects anyway. Alabama safeties have sucked in the NFL, but Collins is still going to be a top pick. Notre Dame TE's have sucked...they'll still be drafted