SportsWrath

Good chance Beckham Jr shows up for OTA's tomorrow...

Tempest

The team is getting together for the first time this year and after falling apart in the playoffs, this was an opportunity to start this year off on a good note.

Why would you think nobody cares that Olivier Vernon is missing OTA's? Because I titled the thread about Odell Beckham Jr? I'm equally disappointed. Olivier Vernon is just smart enough to not be on twitter about it. If Olivier Vernon was busy fucking all the Kardashian sisters this past week, he kept it quiet.

I don't think Beckham Jr. is a cancer, he needs his maturity level to match and exceed his playing level at this time. Notice the perception of Odell among the fans, now think about how everyone else perceive him. It is the reason he got that bullshit flag last year and I can guarantee he gets another one this year.

The team is getting together for the first time this year and after falling apart in the playoffs, this was an opportunity to start this year off on a good note.

Why would you think nobody cares that Olivier Vernon is missing OTA's? Because I titled the thread about Odell Beckham Jr? I'm equally disappointed. Olivier Vernon is just smart enough to not be on twitter about it. If Olivier Vernon was busy fucking all the Kardashian sisters this past week, he kept it quiet.

I don't think Beckham Jr. is a cancer, he needs his maturity level to match and exceed his playing level at this time. Notice the perception of Odell among the fans, now think about how everyone else perceive him. It is the reason he got that bullshit flag last year and I can guarantee he gets another one this year.

Once again though, this has nothing to do with OBJ, just the bias of the refs (which shouldnt be the case in any situation) and the fans.

A player shouldn't be judged off the field for what they do, baring anything illegal. It's why there has been a recent outrage over TO getting snubbed for the HoF, the guy is one of the top WRs to touch the field and he got snubbed simply because the media didnt like him.

I'll say it again Beckham has done nothing to deserve this level of criticism from the fans or the media or most importantly the refs. He isnt on Twitter bashing the team or Eli, or talking about how he knows better than the coaches or trainers, he's not Ochoheadbuttoh, or Randy Moss, he's not Dez Bryant or Charles Rodgers, he's not even on the levels of guys like Bennett or even Sherman, guy who have literally crisitized their own teams/players/ the NFL and acted in ways that are far and beyond that of the team.

He's OBJ, a fit on the sidelines, and a boat picture and suddenly he's the reason for the team losing and he needs to get his shit together, it's laughable, along with people getting into even bigger hissy fits over the fact players dont show up to voluntary OTAs.

Sorry I am basically talking about the media not picking on you for making the thread. Vernon missing OTAs is a footnote but Beckham missing them is being covered like a presidential debate.

I wish everyone was there but I also think if OTAs took place during march madness or the World Series that this wouldn't be treated like such a hot issue.

Also, and this might just be me, but I don't really expect leadership out of Beckham just yet. Besides the fact that he's young and still not very mature it's also his position. There have been exceptions over the years like a Steve smith or a heinz ward but I always saw WRs and RBs as hired guns and the qb, O-line and all defenders as leadership positions. I'm looking much more at a guy like Collins to make this his team.

Sorry I am basically talking about the media not picking on you for making the thread. Vernon missing OTAs is a footnote but Beckham missing them is being covered like a presidential debate.

I wish everyone was there but I also think if OTAs took place during march madness or the World Series that this wouldn't be treated like such a hot issue.

Also, and this might just be me, but I don't really expect leadership out of Beckham just yet. Besides the fact that he's young and still not very mature it's also his position. There have been exceptions over the years like a Steve smith or a heinz ward but I always saw WRs and RBs as hired guns and the qb, O-line and all defenders as leadership positions. I'm looking much more at a guy like Collins to make this his team.

Herc, I believe we're on the same page here and I know that you weren't picking on me individually. I don't want you feel that I was responding to you individually because I believe we all kinda just swept this all under the rug because it is about Odell. I think the media is going to cover anything that will create clicks higher than the presidential election simply because more people care about their team than the presidency.

I'm expecting maturity out of Odell because he has the talent to be record breaking. If he doesn't start taking the steps towards maturity now then you have to wonder when? Contract after this one? Dude is already set to make over $10 million a year.

Skipping voluntary workouts tells me nothing about his maturity. Hall of famer Strahan was skipping numerous mandatory workouts. As an old man.

Honestly I don't remember a whole lot of Strahan missing workouts and I rely even less on the memories of others. Strahan played under a different set of rules and the one guy that isn't the long snapper, who is still playing, under the old system and the new one still managed to show up this year.

Maturity isn't about age, but responsibility.

Honestly I don't remember a whole lot of Strahan missing workouts and I rely even less on the memories of others. Strahan played under a different set of rules and the one guy that isn't the long snapper, who is still playing, under the old system and the new one still managed to show up this year.

And since it's voluntary, he has no responsibility to be there.

Lol idk about the rest of his career but you don't remember the fiasco prior to the 07 season where Strahan was fined over $100k for refusing to go to training camp?

WHAT DOESN'T

Veterans skipping work: Feel free to think less of the next sportscaster or writer who says a player is "holding out" of voluntary offseason practices in shorts. It would be like "holding out" of bowling night with your co-workers, if you had previously negotiated your right to do so. (Feel free to think less of me after making that analogy.)

It doesn't matter that Odell Beckham Jr. has missed a few days of OTAs while signing a record-setting deal with Nike that essentially makes the Giants his secondary employer. It doesn't matter that Trent Williams and Jordan Reed are working out away from the Redskins.

It doesn't even matter that Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald is staying away from OTAs as he pursues a new contract. There is no more pointless storyline each offseason than the daily contract negotiation update in May, followed by the most anticlimactic ending in sports media. Spoiler alert: The contract will get signed and everyone will move on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000811347/article/what-matters-and-what-doesnt-during-ota-season

Lol idk about the rest of his career but you don't remember the fiasco prior to the 07 season where Strahan was fined over $100k for refusing to go to training camp?

Yeah that I do vaguely remember. All part of the continuous chaffing of Strahan with Coughlin since 2004.

Yeah that I do vaguely remember. All part of the continuous chaffing of Strahan with Coughlin since 2004.

I thought they let him skip training camp in '07.

I think it was a prior season they had a stare down over it.

In '07, hadn't Strahan already started to come around on Coughlin?

He "pondered retirement" until four days before the opener and then showed up. i remember it seemed like the two sides basically had an understanding that he was coming back but wanted to skip camp. I think the year before that he used his contract as an excuse? It's so long ago

Idk if he was joking or not but go watch 07's America's Game. Strahan actually says "I didn't know if I still wanted to play. And if I did want to play, I didn't want to go to training camp."

Anyway... I've been hearing the last 2 weeks all these fair weather Giants fans calling for Beckham to be traded and everything else short of lynched. I couldn't care less that he missed OTAs. This is all voluntary and tbh I'd rather Marshall and Engram get more uninhibited time with Eli than to have Beckham there reducing the number of passes they'll see. And if Beckham really is working out with Cris Carter then more power to him. People are out here jumping off bridges like Eli hasn't been throwing live, in-game, passes to Beckham for the last 3 years.

I'll state it again... my 1 and only issue is that he's anywhere in the vicinity of Manziel. The absolute last thing Beckham needs is to get caught up in Manziel's black hole of craziness.