SportsWrath

Another great move by my Chicago Bears

JMFP

Jared Allen....huge pickup.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jared-allen-signs-four-year-deal-20140326,0,4637847.story

The Bears' push to revive their defense got a major boost Wednesday when the team announced it has agreed to terms on a four-year deal with former Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen.

Allen, who will turn 32 in April, has 128.5 career sacks and comes to Chicago after spending his past six seasons as a division rival with the Vikings. Allen had 52 tackles and 11.5 sacks last season. His most dominant campaign came in 2011 when he almost set the NFL single-season record for sacks with 22, finishing a half-sack short of Michael Strahan's record.....

Boo!

I was really hoping he'd leave the conference. So, we basically traded Wootten for Allen.

I think Mr. Culinary Institute is still a beast, but da Bears would be smart to cut down his snaps, keep him fresher, longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meh, he'll be 32 and 8 of his sacks 11 sacks were at the Metrodome, 4 of them in weeks 15 and 17. The Giants meanwhile are getting younger everywhere and have 21 and 25 year old DE's. YOUR Bears can have him.

Yep... he's definitely down hill. I like our pick up of Ayers.