SportsWrath

Time to get overly excited about a player.

Sephiroth

You know, to be honest... when I hear we drafted him in the 7th round and didnt recognize the name. I looked him up and watch a couple of Kentucky Line vs _____ defensive line videos and concentrated on him. I thought he did pretty good. I think he would be an upgrade over Wheeler from day one.

You know, to be honest... when I hear we drafted him in the 7th round and didnt recognize the name. I looked him up and watch a couple of Kentucky Line vs _____ defensive line videos and concentrated on him. I thought he did pretty good. I think he would be an upgrade over Wheeler from day one.

Yeah I thought he looked pretty good too. Between him and the Irish guy at center I think we'll at least have some capable backups along the line this year, assuming we sign Remmers.

Would that be because Eli will play so well in 2019, or Daniel Jones is so ill prepared to take over?

I thought they would extend him before they drafted Jones, and it hasnt changed my opinion.

Unless he has an absolutely garbage year I think they will throw a one-two year contract at him, most teams with franchise QBs are trying to hold onto what they have due to the massive lack of talent at the QB position right now.

I thought they would extend him before they drafted Jones, and it hasnt changed my opinion.

Unless he has an absolutely garbage year I think they will throw a one-two year contract at him, most teams with franchise QBs are trying to hold onto what they have due to the massive lack of talent at the QB position right now.

If that's the concern...fire DG now. 6 overall should not come with that worry.

Maybe they should let the kid take a snap or two before they start firing people.

My point is only that at 6 overall...resigning Eli is stupid. If you have such little faith in your number 6 overall selection that you feel the need to continue paying obscene percentages of the cap to the guy you are trying to replace....then making that pick at 6 was a huge mistake...regardless of how the pick plays out.

It's about lack of conviction and lack of confidence that will be confirmed the second they extend Eli.

Now...if Eli signs cap friendly, backup money deal to babysit Jones when Jones is starting..it is different...but again...at 6 overall...that shouldn't be necessary

If that's the concern...fire DG now. 6 overall should not come with that worry.

There is no worry, I just think (and still do) that they would resign Eli for another season regardless of where they drafted a QB.

Trade up to #1 overall and get a QB? They would still resign Eli.

Draft a QB in round 2? They would still resign Eli.

The only way I don't see this happening is (and actually has a good chance of happening) the Oline/Eli don't improve at all and the team finish with a 4-12/5-11 record, and Jones starts at some point in time in the later weeks of the season, then they don't resign Eli.

This team finishs with a winning record or even a playoff appearance? You bet your booty that Eli is staying around another year.

I'll save my excitement for Deandre Baker

Baker has been mentioned as a sleeper for Defensive Rookie of the Year honors, recognition that he downplayed. But there's no question, from a competition standpoint, he's not willing to give up an inch - not to anyone, anywhere.

"First pass that came my way [in rookie camp] had to be a breakup or an interception – I wasn’t going to accept anything less," Baker said, and he did just that, knocking the ball away from the intended receiver. "Every play, every snap, everything I do on the field, I’ve got to show everybody the reason why the Giants picked DeAndre Baker. It’s part of the reason why I go so hard, because every play I’ve got something to prove and you can’t take one play off. When you set out to perfect your craft, there's always something to get better at, and I want to earn the right to be considered one of the best."

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/5/16/18627265/ny-giants-rumors-news-5-16-roster-analysis-deandre-baker-more

There is no worry, I just think (and still do) that they would resign Eli for another season regardless of where they drafted a QB.

Trade up to #1 overall and get a QB? They would still resign Eli.

Draft a QB in round 2? They would still resign Eli.

The only way I don't see this happening is (and actually has a good chance of happening) the Oline/Eli don't improve at all and the team finish with a 4-12/5-11 record, and Jones starts at some point in time in the later weeks of the season, then they don't resign Eli.

This team finishs with a winning record or even a playoff appearance? You bet your booty that Eli is staying around another year.

Again...if all that is true and resigning Eli is assumed, then drafting Jones at 6 was a huge mistake. Top 10 picks can't be wasted on players who are going to sit on the bench.

My point is only that at 6 overall...resigning Eli is stupid. If you have such little faith in your number 6 overall selection that you feel the need to continue paying obscene percentages of the cap to the guy you are trying to replace....then making that pick at 6 was a huge mistake...regardless of how the pick plays out.

It's about lack of conviction and lack of confidence that will be confirmed the second they extend Eli.

Now...if Eli signs cap friendly, backup money deal to babysit Jones when Jones is starting..it is different...but again...at 6 overall...that shouldn't be necessary

I feel that. I dont think they are gonna resign Eli though. Not unless he has some amazing run and falls just short of super bowl glory.

I cant see Eli signing a cap friendly deal either.

I feel that. I dont think they are gonna resign Eli though. Not unless he has some amazing run and falls just short of super bowl glory.

I cant see Eli signing a cap friendly deal either.

I think the rook starts by year end and Eli plays final game of career. Cap friendly deal is not Eli's shtick..agreed