SportsWrath

Giants QB Daniel Jones’ Duke receivers ‘couldn’t catch a cold’ — and here’s the ‘Bad News Bears’ film to prove it

Nas

Interesting.

There's another highlight video out there which includes all the good throws that went incomplete. It leaves a different impression, I definitely see the athleticism and arm talent now. I'm getting more optimistic the more I watch him play.

Interesting.

There's another highlight video out there which includes all the good throws that went incomplete. It leaves a different impression, I definitely see the athleticism and arm talent now. I'm getting more optimistic the more I watch him play.

Although I was livid when the pick was made, I have to believe and accept that these guys do this for a living and maybe just maybe they know a little more than the rest of us heathens... I'm rooting for the kid.

My only gripe is - did we make a mistake passing on Josh Allen - esp when you knew it was a glaring need compared to a 'prospect rather than a sure shot' like Daniel Jones?

I mean you could say the same thing about the 2004 draft.

They could of easily went with Larry Fitzgerald, Sean Taylor, Deangelo Hall, even Vilma would of been been a great pick for a need on the team.

Eli was a consensus top draft pick though, ranked like #1 - #3 on most boards in a historic year for QB prospects. Jones was a 2nd rounder in a weak class.

But he still wasnt a major "need" that year, you could even say with them signing Warner they shouldn't of had to worry about QB for a few years.

I mean I know you cant compare Eli's college career to Dan's but I just mean in '04 the Giants signed Kurt Warner a SB winning QB, and could of easily taken a position of need.

I dont recall the Warner experience working too well for us. Kurt is a great guy but he shined in all places except the Meadowlands.

I dont recall the Warner experience working too well for us. Kurt is a great guy but he shined in all places except the Meadowlands.

But still you signed a SB winning QB in FA, still in his prime, I wouldn't say that QB was suddenly a "need" when there were players on the board who could of clearly fit a need.

Besides they didnt know Warner wasnt going to play well, not like they threw all that money at him for shits and giggles.

But still you signed a SB winning QB in FA, still in his prime, I wouldn't say that QB was suddenly a "need" when there were players on the board who could of clearly fit a need.

Besides they didnt know Warner wasnt going to play well, not like they threw all that money at him for shits and giggles.

I see your point.

But like I said, Manning obviously had twice the career Jones did, and the pedigree.

You can justify passing on talent for a chance at a franchise QB in Manning, and it worked out.

It just doesnt work out often in the NFL.

Hopefully the Giants got it right this time as well.

Technically they didnt sign Warner until after they drafted Eli.

Kerry Collins was our qb when we drafted.

I think your point still stands, just fixing the timeline.

Technically they didnt sign Warner until after they drafted Eli.

Kerry Collins was our qb when we drafted.

I think your point still stands, just fixing the timeline.

Yeah tying to think back 15 years ago now lol

I remember when we drafted him I was still in high school lol

He's being called Eli Manning 2.0 and I don't think it is a bad thing. I'll be honest and say was hoping for better than Eli Manning 2.0 and Daniel Jones might very well become better than Eli Manning someday. Definitely hope so because he is here now and eventually will be the starting QB. We're getting this from a guy we didn't have to trade up to get, I like that.

Dont understand how people are 100% sure about him one way or the other. At this point Im dying to see him in a preseason game

He could be good but if he is that's just lends credence to the Giants decision mechanism which included :

1) A coach with ties to the Mannings who you could say have reasons to suggest a not ready for prime time QB so as to let Eli ride off into the sunset on his terms

2) An owner who probably feels guilty about how Eli was dismissed by "Macadoo" so was eager to acquiesce to the Manning exit strategy

3) A GM who said he watched "3 series at the senior bowl" and miraculously was "in full bloom....love" with a QB that just happened to be referred by the Mannings and the owner.

To me, the whole thing stinks. Even if it works.

If you squint really hard, Jones looks like a hell of a prospect.

I have to wonder if I'm psyching myself into it, but I've seen a lot of different tape of him than I did before the draft and I have to say, I think I get it now. It's not like a Kyler Murray where the gifts are obvious and all over the highlights. You have to really watch Jones, because he had so few opportunities to shine.

And I hope nobody really thinks Gettleman only watched three series of the Senior Bowl, but I've read on other boards and it sure seems like a lot of guys took that comment literally.

Thats what he said. And you read it here too so dont be a putz.

Yep, going draft a franchise QB after three series.

I wish Chris Mara wasnt the head of player evaluation on the Giants or else he probably would of done more research than that.

Oh wait.

Yep, going draft a franchise QB after three series.

I wish Chris Mara wasnt the head of player evaluation on the Giants or else he probably would of done more research than that.

Oh wait.

Don’t change the subject. We are talking about DG. That’s what he said

Dont understand how people are 100% sure about him one way or the other. At this point Im dying to see him in a preseason game

Yeah youre right. I love this draft....