SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

The Mets will never trade with the Yankees.... unless they are going to pay a kings ransom. Degrom might be the best pitcher in baseball, and we are wasting him

they have before, but they weren't very significant players being swapped.

Degrom is having a helluva season...he is really good and I don't think he is a product of the nl...I think he is just that good. You're right, the Mets are wasting him...so might as well trade him and get some much needed prospects...which the Yankees can give them.

The prospect of sevy and degrom going one two in the playoffs makes me salivate

I would not trade Degrom , he's under team control till 2021. Build around him.

how old is he? I know he isn't that young....came into the majors at like 25 or 26...how can they build around him? Sign Machado, kerahaw and Harper for a billion this off-season?

The Mets need to rebuild...they don't have much in the farm and Rosario is still a work in progress...comforting is good and they have their and degrom, but they need a lot more

how old is he? I know he isn't that young....came into the majors at like 25 or 26...how can they build around him? Sign Machado, kerahaw and Harper for a billion this off-season?

The Mets need to rebuild...they don't have much in the farm and Rosario is still a work in progress...comforting is good and they have their and degrom, but they need a lot more

They can trade DeGrom from a power position... worst case they have him and all his talent for next to no money for the next couple seasons. if someone wants him they need to come with a big offer, one that is too good to say no to.

They can trade DeGrom from a power position... worst case they have him and all his talent for next to no money for the next couple seasons. if someone wants him they need to come with a big offer, one that is too good to say no to.

I agree that it will, and should cost a lot to trade for him...but the yankees have the prospects...and even young MLB players.

Say a package of Didi, Albert abreu or Justus Sheffield and choice of Clint Frazier, Billy McKinney or Aaron hicks.

That gives the Mets a borderline all star ss/infielder in Didi, a top pitching prospect and a young major league ready of prospect with big upside or Hicks, an under 30 major league outfielder that's getting better as he gets healthy. How's that for starters?

I agree that it will, and should cost a lot to trade for him...but the yankees have the prospects...and even young MLB players.

Say a package of Didi, Albert abreu or Justus Sheffield and choice of Clint Frazier, Billy McKinney or Aaron hicks.

That gives the Mets a borderline all star ss/infielder in Didi, a top pitching prospect and a young major league ready of prospect with big upside or Hicks, an under 30 major league outfielder that's getting better as he gets healthy. How's that for starters?

I think the idea of a player like Didi, a top pitching prospect, and a young major league ready prospect is a good starting place. I would think 2 top minor league position player prospects would be a signed deal with me.... But Mets ownership does not want to hand the Yankees a World Series ring.

I only wish the Mets had traded Harvey to the Yankees two years ago

I think the idea of a player like Didi, a top pitching prospect, and a young major league ready prospect is a good starting place. I would think 2 top minor league position player prospects would be a signed deal with me.... But Mets ownership does not want to hand the Yankees a World Series ring.

I only wish the Mets had traded Harvey to the Yankees two years ago

yeah, that's why I said that's a good starting point...add in another prospect like thairo Estrada if you want.

Glad the Yankees didn't trade for Harvey.

I think I read that he has been pretty good since joining Cincy...I don't watch any Cincy games so I would not be able to say if he looks any better, but I read he has like a 2.50 era since joining them

yeah, that's why I said that's a good starting point...add in another prospect like thairo Estrada if you want.

Glad the Yankees didn't trade for Harvey.

I think I read that he has been pretty good since joining Cincy...I don't watch any Cincy games so I would not be able to say if he looks any better, but I read he has like a 2.50 era since joining them

Harvey is 1 win and 2 losses in 5 game starts with an ERA of 4.44 for the Reds.... Only one of those starts did he pitch 6 innings. So basically the same shit he was doing with the Mets, maybe a little less horrible

Harvey is 1 win and 2 losses in 5 game starts with an ERA of 4.44 for the Reds.... Only one of those starts did he pitch 6 innings. So basically the same shit he was doing with the Mets, maybe a little less horrible

must have gotten rocked recently, the article I read was about a week ago where it said he was doing better...with an era of 2.5

must have gotten rocked recently, the article I read was about a week ago where it said he was doing better...with an era of 2.5

Yeah he gave up 4 runs in the second inning against the Padress the other day. Pitched 5 innings

Another game.... where they go down by 2 and it is over. I watched a couple innings as I flipped stations around. The first two weeks of the season really had me thinking that I would be watching enjoyable baseball through the summer. Maybe with Yoanus coming back soon we can get a boost

I smell a fire...sale.

like last year!!!

Yanks will take degrom. He's 30!! I knew he was older than the rest..came up older, but I can't believe he is 30 already. Maybe that will reduce the price for his services.... fingers crossed

Fucking interleague play. I don't understand why they have to do this.

You know how many sports have different rules for each of their leagues? NONE because it's fucking stupid.

Not to mention, in baseball it creates a completely unbalanced schedule.

Get rid of interleague play and pitchers don't hit in the world series no matter the park. if the archaic nl wants to keep their pitchers hitting, that's fine, but get rid of interleague play

You know how many sports have different rules for each of their leagues? NONE because it's fucking stupid.

Get rid of interleague play and pitchers don't hit in the world series no matter the park. if the archaic nl wants to keep their pitchers hitting, that's fine, but get rid of interleague play

that won't happen.

that won't happen.

you think interleague play is good for the game? It makes for an unbalanced schedule. Bud selig was an awful commissioner, Manfred should get rid of it.

And pitchers hitting is stupid. They don't hit at any other level...even national league teams have pitchers getting hurt on the base paths/burning, getting hit while burning etc. It's stupid, dangerous and gives teams an automatic out 95% of the time

you think interleague play is good for the game?

It is the game

that's not an answer...its stupid and makes for an unbalanced schedule..amongst other things.

Cespedes just can't get on the field, just read that he was pulled from a minor league rehab game for a quad injury. He's getting paid like a million dollars for every major league game he plays...the new carl pagan.

If he was healthy all year, the Mets wouldn't have fell off like they have. It's got to be so frustrating to be a Mets fan. Awful owner won't allow them to contend

AL is welcome to change back if they like. Of course theyd have to get about 10 new managers to replace the ones whove never had to strategize.

i wasn't only talking about the pitcher hitting..which is stupid..but I was also and mainly talking about interleague play. It makes the schedule unbalanced...that alone should have everyone wanting it to go away.

But it creates revenue for MLB so it will never happen

i wasn't only talking about the pitcher hitting..which is stupid..but I was also and mainly talking about interleague play. It makes the schedule unbalanced...that alone should have everyone wanting it to go away.

But it creates revenue for MLB so it will never happen

As Jeff Kent once said “Enjoy the game more!”

I am not a huge fan of interleague play... When it first came out it grabbed some extra attention and was fun, but now it is just boring. It is also unfair how it is done, the Mets end up playing the Yankees every year, so they have two harder series then the rest of the NL east.

But the DH is fucking lame, pitchers are baseball players and they should hit just like everyone else. I understand that position players spend a ton of time focusing on hitting, no reason a pitcher can't do the same.