SportsWrath

Strategy: Signing or Trader for Eli's Replacement

NeMesiS

I don't know- Eli might like the opportunity of bringing the Raiders to Vegas and it could open up some post career business opportunities for him. We already know he likes to play loose on fake sports memoribilia... Seriously, I can see him getting a real front office job with the Raiders- not the ceremonial kick upstairs with the Giants .

I really dont see Eli doing anything post retirement. I think he retires and actually retires. Maybe some commercials but I dont see him coaching or doing any front office stuff.

I could see the brothers announcing games together, Monday/Thursday night football.

I really dont see Eli doing anything post retirement. I think he retires and actually retires. Maybe some commercials but I dont see him coaching or doing any front office stuff.

Yeah at most I can see him doing the Manning Passing school thing with Peyton but outside of that I can see him walking away from the NFL completely.

The occasional appearance back in Giants stadium.

I think Derek Carr will be a available for a second rounder. If we can sure up the OL I think we can got to the ship with him

Yeah I was on the Carr bandwagon when rumours began swirling that Chucky doesn't like the kid.

I don't blame him though.

Carr looks done, kid has no confidence left.

Basically following down the same path of his older brother.

Yeah I was on the Carr bandwagon when rumours began swirling that Chucky doesn't like the kid.

youve watched Raiders games extensively

Honestly, I feel like there are a bunch of options. Here's the one I don't want to see:

"Eli is our starter, and (insert name here) is the QB we drafted in the (4-7th) round that we think has potential to develop."

The post-Eli plan needs to be an actual plan, not the shit show we've seen to this point.

I like the track record of these raider players leaving. Unlike his brother it's not his 6th season of taking a beating.

youve watched Raiders games extensively

I watched about the last six, since the idea of getting Carr is a possibility, whenever they were playing when the Giants were not.

You don't have to watch every game in Brock Osweiler's career to know he isnt a good QB, or might not be a QB you want leading your team.

His throws lack any sort of power to them (could be the leg) and he just doesn't look confident in his play, constantly moving around in the pocket when the ball is snapped, I think if they can get him a legitimate #1 WR it would obviously help him out greatly.

He does hit on passes though when he's on, has made some really good throws in tight windows, plus I think the in the last half of the year he finished with a 70+ completion percentage in some games.

A change of scenery could do him well, but early articles are saying Davis/Gruden want to continue to build around him.

I think they might hold on to him but they freely admitted to being in full rebuilding mode. So if they float him out there to see what they could get, I would like the Giants to make a go at him. If they could work it out with Eli. One possibility being Eli going to Raiders for a couple of years.

I don't think there is a better veteran QB that will be available.

In the draft, I'm wondering about Tyree Jackson. All the measurables, and looks like he's still growing in to his body. He could be something special with a red shirt year to work out his loopy throwing motion. 2nd round sleeper maybe. He'll skyrocket if he interviews well.

I want foles. Hes 30 and ready made. The skill guys are in place. I dont want to waste any more Beckham and Barkley years gambling on a rookie in a weak qb class. I want to start winning next season

I want foles. Hes 30 and ready made. The skill guys are in place. I dont want to waste any more Beckham and Barkley years gambling on a rookie in a weak qb class. I want to start winning next season

I don't think Foles survives a full 16 game season behind this Oline.

if he comes with ertz maybe. You think the eagles will deal with the giants?