SportsWrath

It's the offseason and I'm Bored

Dragon

I saw a Flashback Friday post on the Giants facebook page about the Tynes GWFG in Green Bay and some fans were naming it as one of the top 5 moments in NY Giants history. That got me thinking... and I'm positive it makes my top 10, but I'm not so sure about top 5. Thoughts?

I saw a Flashback Friday post on the Giants facebook page about the Tynes GWFG in Green Bay and some fans were naming it as one of the top 5 moments in NY Giants history. That got me thinking... and I'm positive it makes my top 10, but I'm not so sure about top 5. Thoughts?

It seems that I remember Tynes missed a game winning field goal once already in that game and he got a second chance only because of an interception of Farve. To me, the interception was a bigger deal, making 50% of field goal tries in the last quarter isn't exactly a Tyree catch moment, or Manninghams catch, or Beckham's two fingered grab too far away to catch and a half dozen other more remarkable plays in Giants' history.

I have a hunch that it has a lot to do with Green Bay fans doing the poll. Tyne's kick broke their heart so it seemed like a bigger deal than it was. It was a field goal that 95% of the kickers in the NFL probably would have made. Getting in position to try is the big deal, not the kick itself. That's just my opinion for what it's worth...not a whole lot really.

Yea those 2 misses were bad... especially the 2nd one, but aside from the Super Bowl victories themselves I haven't felt more joy as a Giants fan in recent memory then when the game winner went through in GB.

Yea those 2 misses were bad... especially the 2nd one, but aside from the Super Bowl victories themselves I haven't felt more joy as a Giants fan in recent memory then when the game winner went through in GB.

To me it was like a huge sigh of relief. The bitter cold, TC's face plastered with Vaseline, and a lot of errors. I started feeling relief with the interception and a big relief when Tynes finally hit it.

No where near the euphoria I got with Tyree's catch in the Super Bowl or even a bigger one when Plaxico caught the ball and jogged into the end zone. That was emotional for me. I screamed, I yelled, and when the clock ran out my eyes were teared up because I couldn't believe they pulled it off and sent the perfect record Pats home with their tail between their legs.

When Scott Norwood missed the game winning field goal in SB 25 giving the Giants the Lombardi trophy, I was holding my breath and went nuts when the ball sailed wide right - "no good". Dodged a bullet that day and a great moment in Giants' history....and the saddest moment in Bills' history.

I think the reason it made it to top 5 was because he'd missed 2 previous field goals... we were on our collective toes for that one.