SportsWrath

Yankees Twins ALDS discussion

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Wow Ernie Johnson....what a downer. He calls the game like he doesn't give a shit. No excitement. No energy. When Tex hit the HR there was ZERO excitement. It was downright pathetic, A ball is going out and the entire time he treated it like a routine fly ball.

Wow Ernie Johnson....what a downer. He calls the game like he doesn't give a shit. No excitement. No energy. When Tex hit the HR there was ZERO excitement. It was downright pathetic, A ball is going out and the entire time he treated it like a routine fly ball.

As opposed to the alternative which is:

"IT IS HIGH, IT IS FAR...SEE YA"

or

"HE'S ON THE MARK, TEXIERIA"

or

"MARK JUST SENT A TEX MESSAGE."

I once saw a video of Sterling doing that goofy "thheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankeees win..theeeeeeeeeee yankeees win." Yes, he looks just as spastic as he sounds. I'm surprised you can even hear Sterling with all that cum gobbling he does.

or

or

I once saw a video of Sterling doing that goofy "thheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankeees win..theeeeeeeeeee yankeees win." Yes, he looks just as spastic as he sounds. I'm surprised you can even hear Sterling with all that cum gobbling he does.

Kobe-U-Mad.jpg?1280204582

or

or

At least there is some excitement, some energy there. I'm a Sterling homer, I love the guy. Especially when he makes mistakes. And I have also seen the videos of him doing THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE call. And he does look spastic. But what exactly does that have to do with the total lack of interest EJ had in calling an ALDS game?

Boomer and Carton have the TBS exec in charge on right now and he admitted that EJ needed to have some more energy. I am not looking for homerism. If the Twinkies hit a triple or a homer in a big spot I wouldn't begrudge the guy calling the game to be excited. But to treat that play as a routine fly ball disgusts me.

Oh and that pitch-track needs to go.

Woah- Bengie Molina 3 for 4 and a big fly.

I really dont understand why youre so ignorant when it comes to baseball. I mean youre a Giants fan so you saw Barry Bonds play for a long time. Do you think Bonds was an awful player becuase he wasnt very good in the playoffs (extremely small sample sizes)? Same goes for A-Rod before last year. ANd the same goes for Bengie Molina. Guy had one good game in October...does not make up for multiple seasons of complete suckage. Bengie Molina is a horrible baseball player, i dont care if he goes 20 for his next 20 with 20 home runs this post season, he still sucks and I want him nowhere near my team. As a matter of fact, I GUARANTEE, had the Giants held on to Molina, the Giants would be playing golf right now.

I really dont understand why youre so ignorant when it comes to baseball. I mean youre a Giants fan so you saw Barry Bonds play for a long time. Do you think Bonds was an awful player becuase he wasnt very good in the playoffs (extremely small sample sizes)? Same goes for A-Rod before last year. ANd the same goes for Bengie Molina. Guy had one good game in October...does not make up for multiple seasons of complete suckage. Bengie Molina is a horrible baseball player, i dont care if he goes 20 for his next 20 with 20 home runs this post season, he still sucks and I want him nowhere near my team. As a matter of fact, I GUARANTEE, had the Giants held on to Molina, the Giants would be playing golf right now.

he handles pitchers well and he doesn't go to the mound 10 times an inning like turtle boy. i'd rather have him if I'm an AL team. IN the NL , he was clogging up the bases a little too much. I'll stay above the personal shots.

he handles pitchers well and he doesn't go to the mound 10 times an inning like turtle boy. i'd rather have him if I'm an AL team. IN the NL , he was clogging up the bases a little too much. I'll stay above the personal shots.

when did I get personal? Youre too sensitive. Molina is bad on any team, in any league. when someone says "Well, he handles the pitching staff well" about a catcher, it means he is a god awful baseball player.

when did I get personal? Youre too sensitive. Molina is bad on any team, in any league. when someone says "Well, he handles the pitching staff well" about a catcher, it means he is a god awful baseball player.

by your logic then Posada must be a great baseball player. LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

by your logic then Posada must be a great baseball player. LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

Well, not any more, but he was not just a great baseball player, he was elite given the posistion he plays. he is still decent, but not nearly as good as he once was..He's not a HOF'er, but he is pretty close.

Jorge Posada career OPS- 856, OPS+ 123

Bengie Molina career OPS- 731, OPS+ 88

Theye not even remotely close, Jorge is light years better than Molina and always has been.

I

Never liked his style. Of course with the murderers row lineup, Bengie would have had much better numbers

and Turtle on the Giants (god forbid) would have been much worse indeed.

Considering he batted cleanup on a Sahara of hitting team in a pitchers park, he's more than respectable.

Wtf is OPS

Never liked his style. Of course with the murderers row lineup, Bengie would have had much better numbers

and Turtle on the Giants (god forbid) would have been much worse indeed.

Considering he batted cleanup on a Sahara of hitting team in a pitchers park, he's more than respectable.

Wtf is OPS

You not likeing a certain players style has nothing to do with how good or bad a player is/has been/will be. You dont have to like him, but to deny that he has been elite in his career is just plain wrong and foolish. He would have put up those numbers no matter where he he played. The Yankees were a pitching, speed and defense team up until the mid 2000's. Jorge was plenty good before the yankees line up became a murders row.

See Blu, this is why we dont agree on baseball so often, its becuase you just dont understand advanced metrics. You should really learn about them. I was stubborn for a while too. But when I gave it a chance, it opened me up to an entire different way of evaluatiing players..a much better, more accurate way.

OnBase+Slugging = OPS

and thats a very simple one, blu. Its being used a lot more these days in the mainstream, Im surprised you never heard of it.

Im serious, Im not trying to be a dick, you really should look into advanced metrics, I think you will love them once you get a better understanding. Also, advanced metrics are becoming more and more mainstream, soon theyll be used regularly by all baseball people. You should get on board now.

baseballprospectus.com

fangraphs.com

surf those sites and try and learn a little at a time...it can be really confusing, but there is a lot that you should be able to pick up on quickly.

You're such a condescending prick. The reason we don't agree is because you live and breathe Yankees.

Btw, do they have OPS stats on ESPN?

they didnt a few years ago, but they do now.

Im not being condescending, Im trying to enlighten you.

Yes, Im a Yankees fan, but I can discuss other teams and players without bias, I just think differently than you and you have an obvious hatred for the Yankees (youve said it many times) so it always comes back to me being a Yankee fan. If I were a fan of any other team and said the same things I say, you wouldnt get so uptight. I get it, you hate the Yankees and Yankee fans, doesnt mean you shouldnt learn about advanced metrics. ESPN is already starting to use some, pretty soon everyone is going to be using them more and more. Like I said, its time to get on board or become ignorant.