SportsWrath

Round one recap

BlueInCanada

What a weird fucking draft though.

You pass over some sure defensive players to take Jones at #6.

I don't think he's sitting there at #17, and you go and get the guy you want but still our defense is bottom of the NFL.

Lawrence seems like an athletic freak for his size, and has a motor, maybe with some coaching his pass rush skills improve because right now he has none.

Baker is the best pick of the Giants, kid is a day one starter on the outside at CB, arguably the best CB on paper, just didnt have a good combine or school workouts.

Grabbing Jones, honestly, makes passing on Darnold questionable. And I love Saquon. Jones could hand it off for 6 years to Barkley while we formulate a new plan though.

Well they either pass on Barkley and get Darnold, then get someone like Allen or Williams this year.

Or they get Barkley and Jones and as we've seen pass on a guy like Allen.

I dunno, I think I'd rather have a team with Barkley and Jones, then Darnold and Williams/Allen.

If anyone can develop a QB though, I believe Shurmur can. For what he lacks in game management he makes up for in taking raw talent to another level. I fear he more masks his QBs weaknesses though. Still, even Keenum is still a starter in this league somehow.

Rosen sucks though, Im glad they didnt give up 17 or 37 for him.

If anyone can develop a QB though, I believe Shurmur can. For what he lacks in game management he makes up for in taking raw talent to another level. I fear he more masks his QBs weaknesses though. Still, even Keenum is still a starter in this league somehow.

Rosen sucks though, Im glad they didnt give up 17 or 37 for him.

That's the sign of a good coach/gm though.

I mean they helped Eli with his accuracy issues by getting WRs who could go and GET the ball.

Plax, Nicks, Smith, OBJ, etc.

Even then he sailed the ball 10 ft over all of their heads lol

That's the sign of a good coach/gm though.

I mean they helped Eli with his accuracy issues by getting WRs who could go and GET the ball.

Plax, Nicks, Smith, OBJ, etc.

Even then he sailed the ball 10 ft over all of their heads lol

True, but without those guys, hes been exposed over his career.

True, but without those guys, hes been exposed over his career.

The same could be said for any great QB except for maybe a select few who redefined the game.

Most QBs have major flaws in their game, it's just the teams that are able to make up for it are the ones that keep winning.

Some sense of the Lawrence pick, from my Twitter digging.

Tomlinson isnt a NT, he was drafted to be a DT in a 4-3 by the previous regime is on year three of a four year contract.

Tomlinson has also supposedly been cutting down his body weight this off season and working on his pass rush.

Expect Buttcher to be rotating these guys around from position to position, with Hill being played primarily at DE, and Tomlinson/Lawrence being played in various techniques up front, with Lawrence doing most of the heavy lifting i.e. taking on the double teams.

Still not a fan of the pick though, I really don't understand it just from a current players perspective.

Atleast Jones fills a need at backup QB and eventual replacement for Eli.

I'd much rather have Josh Allen and Josh Rosen with our 17th.

Or fuck, go crazy and trade down a few spots for somebody that really wants Allen and take Daniel Fucking Jones a few spots later. Does anyone really think he wouldn't have been there if we'd traded with GB, Pittsburgh, or the Bills?

This is just top to bottom stupid.

I'd much rather have Josh Allen and Josh Rosen with our 17th.

Or fuck, go crazy and trade down a few spots for somebody that really wants Allen and take Daniel Fucking Jones a few spots later. Does anyone really think he wouldn't have been there if we'd traded with GB, Pittsburgh, or the Bills?

This is just top to bottom stupid.

Why to Josh Rosen though? I still don't understand the love for the guy. People act like the Cardinals were going to take anything less than a first round pick for him, and he's being abandoned by the team that drafted him.

I dunno.

I have a hard time justifying 3 top 50 picks at DT in the past three years, thats all. Especially when the team has no pass rush to speak of. Your boy baker better be able to cover for 10 seconds, Blue.

Why to Josh Rosen though? I still don't understand the love for the guy. People act like the Cardinals were going to take anything less than a first round pick for him, and he's being abandoned by the team that drafted him.

I dunno.

He looked BAD with them, too. He wasnt Darnold or Mayfield who both got better. He looked the same throughout. You cant just attach a a first round value to him this year based on where he was drafted last year.

I have a hard time justifying 3 top 50 picks at DT in the past three years, thats all. Especially when the team has no pass rush to speak of. Your boy baker better be able to cover for 10 seconds, Blue.

Oh I don't like the pick, I even said so.

Sweat or even Simmons at that point.

Fuck Dillard at 17 would of been better.

NFL network really talking up Jones, saying he had the best combine, pro day, off season for any QB in this draft.

Impressed every single coach and team that came and seen him.

Yeah he is great when not playing an actual game.... smh this fucking draft is a fucking mess... we had Josh fucking Allen... we could have gotten Jones at #17...

if this guy is a pro-bowler in 3 years nobody will care that couldve traded down and taken him later. I think the value talk is getting too cute when it comes to QBs

Idk brother.. I dont see it... I see Dave Brown 2.0.

Yeah he is great when not playing an actual game.... smh this fucking draft is a fucking mess... we had Josh fucking Allen... we could have gotten Jones at #17...

This. You don't take a player 6 overall because he talks a good game and really looked good throwing the ball in shorts.

I think it's a very good possibility that Getty and co. doesn't know how to evaluate QB talent. Webb was clearly better than Lauletta too.

Only one of the three was a top 50 pick.

And again, we only had two out of three DL positions filled; one starting spot was open and unfilled, and we didn't have a true NT.