SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

He's just? and he's just? Why are you belittling the man? He's a young man who actually made it to the NFL... he has a rocket of an arm and a great work ethic... that's a lot more than describing him as "he's just".

I'm sorry Nas there are 32 starting positions in the NFL for QB and of those maybe 20 to 25 teams actually have a NFL caliber QB.

Just because a kid makes it through college and end up on some team doesn't mean they are ready or will ever be a starting QB in the NFL, it's just fact, otherwise teams would be loaded at QB

Webb may develop but odds are it won't happen.

I'm not losing sleep that we let him go and five years from now I still won't care we let him go. He was a third round pick that the Giants invested very little into, now if we drafted Darnold and he looked like Webb or Lauletta, I'd be worried.

"He's somebody you looked at coming out [in the draft]," Jets coach Todd Bowles said. "To have him available and being able to [put him] on the practice squad, it's something that intrigued us, with the size and the arm. You're not surprised or surprised he's available. We just thought we'd take a look at him. He was a good guy to sign."

Todd Bowels was not surprised he was available

This was surprising to me too, but honestly, even though the beat writers have been banging the Webb drum for a long time, both the actions of this coaching staff and management and the previous one never showed any confidence in him.

We all thought Mcadoo was crazy and incompetent for not playing Webb over Gino last year, but it now seems likely that they saw him every day and despite him being a good guy and a hard worker, just isnt a good player.

We all questioned why after drafting a RB in the 1st, which implies confidence in Webb, they drafted Lauletta. Now we know they never liked Webb all along.

And now they prefer Tanney to Webb.

So either the fan base, with its minuscule amount of information, is right about Webb and theres a long list of boneheaded management decisions spanning 2 regimes, or, the much more likely option, management, spanning 2 regimes now, had daily exposure to him and knew hes just not good.

And I dont buy for a second that they ditched him because he was drafted by the previous regime. These guys have careers at stake, if he had talent theyd keep him.

His friends are sad he's gone.

I'm glad friends dont make football decisions for the team.

Imagine if we let Tiki decide if Eli stayed on the team or not?

It's not just his friends... many of us fans felt the same way. The Jets felt highly enough of him to sign up to their practice squad his full pay of being on the 53 man roster. I will be rooting for the kid...

• 11 months later...

Sights and Sounds from this week.... I post this here because Michael Thomas shared his thoughts on Webb... he called Ballantine's INT, he said whoever was on the field, Webb would give them a chance for an interception. Because he's gonna throw that shit, he don't care! LOL

https://www.giants.com/video/sights-and-sounds-giants-defeat-jets-to-open-preseason

• 1 year later...