SportsWrath

Does Odell Beckham win Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Storm

I hate the Bleacher Report but they make one hell of an argument. In my opinion, it would be a travesty if he doesn't. When I think of what an OROTY should be, I immediately think what rookie has meant the most and created the most impact for their team. Not simply statistics (which Beckham leads most categories despite playing 4 less games and taking a few to get going).

Check this shit out:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301848-why-odell-beckham-jr-is-the-runaway-offensive-rookie-of-the-year?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

"In fact, since he started playing a prominent role in the Giants offense, Beckham has been the most productive wide receiver in all of football—period:

NFL's most productive wide receivers since Week 9 Receiver REC YDS TD 1. Odell Beckham 61 866 6 2. Julio Jones 40 694 3 3. Antonio Brown 55 646 4 4. A.J. Green 44 645

Had he done this since Week 1, he'd be a serious candidate for Offensive Player of the Year. I mean, he somehow already has more 130-yard performances than anyone else

It's just insane the production the Giants have gotten out of the kid.

I don't think anyone thought he'd be THIS good. And the big thing that blows me away, is that despite his production, it keeps coming. Teams have got to be adjusting for him at this point, don't you think? The recent games have not been televised as of late where I'm at, so I can't tell if he's beating double teams or not. But seriously, once Cruz comes back, even if he's 90% of what he was before...we'll have one of the best WR tandems in the league. I still think we spend a draft pick in the top 4 rounds on a WR...maybe even top 3 depending on how you feel about LB...but at the end of the day, Beckham is arguably the overall ROY and offensive ROY both.

I think if he hits 10 TDs and 1200 yards in 12 games...it's a lock.

I'm afraid some Eagle is going to cheap shot him though in the last game of the season though...especially if we're on the verge of knocking them out of playoff contention.

I had no clue when he was drafted that he could be anywhere near this good.

Well to be fair you have no clue about a lot of things :P

Admittedly me too.. I had no clue who he was.. I remember Pdub predicting we draft him and I'm like "who?"

He gets my vote, but the Giants as a whole are just, meh!

I'm afraid that's a bit unfair... something about losing makes the whole team look like shit... but we have other rookies who are up and coming.. Kennard, Williams... come to mind.. and a few vets who are doing well.. Eli is much better than last year... our OL is getting better etc..

literally all benjamin and evans do is catch jump balls in the end zone. it's a joke if they win this over becks

yet Beckham is challenging them in the TD category...with 4 fewer games. If I cared to discuss this any further, I'd look at level of competition too. Beckham has played against some pretty soft defenses here in the 2nd half of this season...you'd have to look at who Evans and Benjamin have played against to compare.

I'm afraid that's a bit unfair... something about losing makes the whole team look like shit... but we have other rookies who are up and coming.. Kennard, Williams... come to mind.. and a few vets who are doing well.. Eli is much better than last year... our OL is getting better etc..

I'll say this, other than the Jags we have beat the teams we should have, but they are terrible teams too. I'd like to see a win over the Eagles just to piss them off and hurt their chances though. plus, I want to see what OBJ can do against the Rams this week.

literally all benjamin and evans do is catch jump balls in the end zone. it's a joke if they win this over becks

Beckham has Michael Jordan-esque fluidity and grace in his movements. He's got the MJ ability to take over a game with pretty much no one else's assistance, too.

It will come down to OBJ and Evans, both are having great seasons.

A case will be made for Evans because he has some no body throwing to him, however OBJ has the media hype behind him, especially after making what some people are calling the best catch ever made.

OBJ will win though, like I said he has the media hype along with the numbers.

Edit. If he does win, will he be the first Giant to do so? I know LT won DROTY.

I don't think this is even up for discussion. Odell wins OROTY by a mile. There isn't even another rookie even close....being talked about as much as he is. This is Moss type numbers.

He is pretty much the next gen Randy Moss.

Just so natural, but different then Moss

You could make a strong case for Beckham being the top WR in the league this year, now, too, in my opinion. Over 1100 yards now, 11 touchdowns. All with minimal running game, shoddy tight end performances the last 6 weeks, and an incredibly inconsistent Rueben Randle across from him. It's gotten to the point where teams have to be focusing on him and at the least putting their best corners on him and he is still putting up numbers like he put up today. St. Louis' secondary is solid and he dominated. There isn't another receiver in the league right now that is playing better than Beckham...and he did it when some guys had 4 more games. He should be voted to the Pro Bowl, but he probably won't be.

Philly is coming up and he matches up well with scrubs like Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher (who has been absolutely embarrassed two weeks in a row). I predict another 8+ catch 100 yard, 1+ TD game against them.

The guy is a physical specimen. Evans is having a good season yes, but Odell has just blown up the league. This guy could have been Offensive Player of the Year competing with Murray if he had a full season. And if he did - well.....our season might have been different too. Everything changes - our running game could have been diff, playcalling, game plan....everything could have been diff since Cruz was being shut down almost every week due to no names outside of him on the team.