SportsWrath

Hankins to the Colts

Gman329

LOL...you guys are funny. I say one thing, you hear and spew out another (for instance, "Reese as a "disaster..." I never said nor implied). Taking a page from Bleedin I suppose....

Anytime someone uses the word "spew", it changes the complexion of the argument. Please refrain.

No, with below average results. See Tree's post in the other thread 5.33 vs a GM average of ~6 years.

Ok for me the results are wins and super bowls not player career lengths.

Mario Manningham was here for four years, helped us win a Super Bowl. Travis Beckhum spent most of his NFL career on the bench, caught seven passes in the post season of 2011 and Giants play in their second Super Bowl in four years and win.

You can't use the draft as the only measuring stick for the career of a General Manager. Somehow they get more credit for the players they draft than the free agents they sign after the draft.

Nobody should care if a player has a six year NFL career if that player doesn't contribute to the team winning a Super Bowl.

Yeah Mark Herzlich, six year NFL career and contributed to a super bowl win but was undrafted career backup and you want to gripe about third round players not sticking?

Ok for me the results are wins and super bowls not player career lengths.

Mario Manningham was here for four years, helped us win a Super Bowl. Travis Beckhum spent most of his NFL career on the bench, caught seven passes in the post season of 2011 and Giants play in their second Super Bowl in four years and win.

You can't use the draft as the only measuring stick for the career of a General Manager. Somehow they get more credit for the players they draft than the free agents they sign after the draft.

Nobody should care if a player has a six year NFL career if that player doesn't contribute to the team winning a Super Bowl.

Yeah Mark Herzlich, six year NFL career and contributed to a super bowl win but was undrafted career backup and you want to gripe about third round players not sticking?

In the other thread, I gave him credit for Manningham. However regarding the third round since then and overall, he's been below average. Everyone since Manningham in the past several drafts in the third round haven't cut it.

Granted, I think Darian Thompson will end up being a solid starter at FS, so maybe he's getting his act together.

Here's the list since Mario. This is not something to be proud of.

2009 - Barden

2009 - Beckum

2010 - Chad Jones (he gets a pass on this, not his fault)

2011 - Jerrel Jernigan

2012 - Jayron Hosley

2013 - Damontre Moore

2014 - Jay Bromley (probably backup at best)

2015 - OO (things are not pointing north for him)

2016 - Darian Thompson

LOL...you guys are funny. I say one thing, you hear and spew out another (for instance, "Reese as a "disaster..." I never said nor implied). Taking a page from Bleedin I suppose....

Yes this was the point I was making

Reese was well below average for a long time. However, he did manage to turn it around pretty quickly with some great FA scores and a nice draft last year. We'll see how it goes moving forward, but let's not forget that 2008-2012 netted us one player still on the team. That's a flat-out pathetic stretch, and he's deserved all the criticism he's gotten for those years.