SportsWrath

Who's the one guy you DON'T want the Giants to draft #1, and why?

Sephiroth

25 years old is a huge red flag. Pick a guy that age in the first round, he damn well better be a near pro bowler on day one, because there isn't time for him to develop much.

Seriously, how is this guy 25 and just now breaking through? Did he fail a bunch of times in school or something?

Graduated HS in 2011 went on a two year LDS Mission and then played at Snow College for two years he's only played one year of D1 football at Utah. Ramcyzk also as only 1 year of D1 experience you compare them with Cam Robinson who's only 21 and started all three years at Bama

Lol speed rushers are what Bolles is best against. Has the best feet of any OL in this draft. Watch his game against Takk McKinley. He dominated him, and McKinley, an NFL ready speed rusher, couldn't get the edge on Bolles.

Bolles is not a developmental guy. He's not going to be All-Pro as a rookie but he'll be pretty good early.

Yeah I just got to look at some game film and from what I saw that looks to be the case. I wonder if the Utah guy misspoke (or maybe I heard him wrong). If anything it looks like Bolles has a hard time with bull rushers.

Honestly though, here's what I'd love to see:

1. Draft Forrest Lamp

2. Pick up Ryan Clady on the cheap as Flowers insurance

3. ???????

4. Profit

Yeah I just got to look at some game film and from what I saw that looks to be the case. I wonder if the Utah guy misspoke (or maybe I heard him wrong). If anything it looks like Bolles has a hard time with bull rushers.

1. Draft Forrest Lamp

3. ???????

4. Profit

There is a write up on BBV and Valentine makes an interesting point on why the Giants won't draft Lamp. Have to admit after reading I was very disappointed and starting to see why we haven't done a very good job with drafting offensive line talent.

1. Draft Forrest Lamp

3. ???????

4. Profit

Where would you put Lamp? LT?

Where would you put Lamp? LT?

I'd certainly let him try there but I think he'd end up at one of the guard spots. I'd rather have a sure thing at Guard than an "upside" or "potential" guy at tackle. We need a running game on this team, and as much as I appreciate Pugh he's not a road grader.

which is why i'd be happy if McCaffrey is still there at 23 ( and this guy can catch too ......and is potentially very dynamic for the future )

I really miss having a decent RB, give me the old school Giants back! we've been stuck in this endless loop of filling holes too long now.

Quick off the snap, latches on to defenders, physical, can mirror, can climb to second level

Huh?

Weaknesses

Balance issues a concern. Struggles with active, high-motor defenders. At times he ducks head into his run blocks, losing sight of a moving target. Narrow in-line power base due to lack of bend and excessive leaning. Weight creeps too far past his feet in both run and pass blocks. Inconsistent sustaining his block. On the ground substantially more than a tackle should be. Has to learn to run his feet under him at contact. Can improve as move blocker with better angles. Feet go dead when punching from shallow pass set. Gets caught punching from balls of his feet and without much bend allowing speed-to-power rushers to heat him up. Questionable instincts. On twists, dives down with defensive ends and will miss loopers around edge.

Sounds like Flowers.

Huh?

Weaknesses

Balance issues a concern. Struggles with active, high-motor defenders. At times he ducks head into his run blocks, losing sight of a moving target. Narrow in-line power base due to lack of bend and excessive leaning. Weight creeps too far past his feet in both run and pass blocks. Inconsistent sustaining his block. On the ground substantially more than a tackle should be. Has to learn to run his feet under him at contact. Can improve as move blocker with better angles. Feet go dead when punching from shallow pass set. Gets caught punching from balls of his feet and without much bend allowing speed-to-power rushers to heat him up. Questionable instincts. On twists, dives down with defensive ends and will miss loopers around edge.

Sounds like Flowers.

- - -

Robinson stands out even among the litany of five star recruits on Alabama's roster, stepping into the starting role at left tackle in the Tide's pro-style attack as a true freshman and never looking back, earning the Outland Trophy as the nation's top blocker to cap the 2016 season. If one were to draw up the perfect specimen for an offensive lineman, it might look a lot like Robinson, whose hulking frame has appeared NFL-ready since he arrived on campus. Robinson simply engulfs defenders at the point of attack, creating easy running lanes and a wide obstruction for would-be pass rushers. Though he likely will be given every chance to remain at left tackle in the NFL, Robinson's grade is boosted by the fact that he possesses the bulk and strength to project nicely to right tackle or even inside to guard, if needed, just like former Crimson Tide first round picks D.J. Fluker and James Carpenter. The biggest concern with Robinson, in fact, could be off-field issues, including a troubling arrest prior to the 2016 season on weapons and drug charges that could make his performance during interviews at the Combine critical to his final grade. ANALYSISSTRENGTHS: Given his massive frame, Robinson is surprisingly quick off the ball, showing good lateral agility and balance to mirror pass rushers. He can fire off the ball in the running game, showing the initial burst to pull and climb to the second level, where he is an intimidating presence that most defenders look to avoid at all costs. His greatest attribute, however, may be his iron grip rather than elite footwork, which could prompt a switch to right tackle or even inside to guard at the next level, like his Alabama predecessors. Robinson strikes opponents with a powerful initial punch, showing excellent hand placement and strength to control defenders. Robinson generates impressive power at the point of attack, rolling his hips and driving his legs to steer opponents away from the ball. Though his pad level rises as he tires, Robinson rarely loses the leverage battle, keeping his knees bent through contact.

- - -

In sum, he has all the athletic traits and size you want, good run blocker, but with concerns at pass protection especially with balance and technique. Hence, talk of moving him to guard or RT, not LT.

Okung on the other hand didn't have nearly as many holes in his game on pass protection and balance.

In sum, he has all the athletic traits and size you want, good run blocker, but with concerns at pass protection especially with balance and technique. Hence, talk of moving him to guard or RT, not LT.

Okung on the other hand didn't have nearly as many holes in his game on pass protection and balnce.

I do agree the balance issues are a concern I think hiss initial punch, athleticism and mentality are better than than Flowers. I don't think I want any of the top three and I am not saying draft him I do think he is a bit better than Flowers though

• 2 weeks later...