SportsWrath

Fluker

Lughead

Not the worst way to start looking at offensive linemen.

He has been walking around with the bust label from San Diego. Eleventh pick of the first round in 2013. Drafted him to be a tackle, they moved him to guard and now he's here. Oh maybe he needs a change of scenery they'll say about him.

He made picking Justin Pugh look brilliant.

Pugh is funny because half the fans want him to start at left tackle and the other half think we are going to over pay him as a guard next year.

I'm glad to have him.

I think Pugh, and Richburg are two guys who should be in Gints blue for their entire starting careers.

Both of them are building blocks on the Oline and hopefully Flowers will be the next.

I haven't really seen him play, but everything I've read says Fluker is flat-out terrible.

He's basically the future that Flowers is looking at if he doesnt improve.

By all rights a "bust" but he improved when the Chargers kicked him into the guard position.

Had a really good rookie year, but just didnt improve after it.

I'm hoping for the best but

"Fluker is not a lock for the Giants' starting lineup, as he was ranked 54th out of 72 qualifying guards in Pro Football Focus' rankings this season, with a 63.7 grade. His 46.0 run-blocking grade was among the 11th-lowest among guards."

From the Espn article

I'm hoping for the best but

"Fluker is not a lock for the Giants' starting lineup, as he was ranked 54th out of 72 qualifying guards in Pro Football Focus' rankings this season, with a 63.7 grade. His 46.0 run-blocking grade was among the 11th-lowest among guards."

From the Espn article

So we signed someone worse than Jerry and Newhouse according to PFF. I know some of you like PFF for happy feelings about the direction of the team.

I want our old OL coach back...

I think he was a little overrated.

Two years go on Big Blue Kickoff live, John Schmeelk and Paul Dottino used to have a weekly conversation with me in my car. It went like this:

John and Paul: I know that John Jerry, JD Waldon, and Marshall Newhouse might not be household names but let's not forget, Coach Flaherty made stars out of guys like Rich Seubert, David Deihl, and Shaun O'Hara.

Me: THAT WAS TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO, JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAS HE DONE LATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, I wasn't on the line with them for these conversations, but I was yelling so loudly that I'm pretty sure they could hear me.

I think he was a little overrated.

Two years go on Big Blue Kickoff live, John Schmeelk and Paul Dottino used to have a weekly conversation with me in my car. It went like this:

John and Paul: I know that John Jerry, JD Waldon, and Marshall Newhouse might not be household names but let's not forget, Coach Flaherty made stars out of guys like Rich Seubert, David Deihl, and Shaun O'Hara.

Me: THAT WAS TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO, JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAS HE DONE LATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, I wasn't on the line with them for these conversations, but I was yelling so loudly that I'm pretty sure they could hear me.

Comparing the line's performance last year to the years prior, I'd like the old coach back...