SportsWrath

Most disappointing Giants player for you?

GA4M

Of all the Giants players, which one were you the most disappointed to see not work out?

For me it was Shockey........for all he could or may have been........I was really pissed he acted like he did and how it ended. Good thing Kevin Boss was a real man, you PUNK!

Shockey would of been better in a system that actually used TE's as a weapon instead of just a blocker who can catch a ball in Silly Gillys O, it's why Boss excelled, he was a decent pass catching extra Olineman.

It was the same thing that happened to that "other" Beckum kid the Giant's drafted, by all means a receiving TE who can come out of the back field, on the line or out wide, but the Giant's forced him into the pro typical blocker who can catch a ball TE role.

Most disappointing for me? I guess it depends on the circumstances.

Currently on the team: JPP (I still think he's horribly overrated in his "run defense" skill and he must of learned from Osi disappearing in big games act)

Those who are gone: Baby Moss (Honestly couldnt stay healthy and Gilly couldn't find a role for a speedy WR, thought he would be like the 'Skins Moss)

Career cut short due to injury: David Wilson (Fuck imagine him in MacAttacks offense with Beckham) followed by Chad Jones, he would of been a solidy safety in the league.

Every single player the Giants drafted and failed to make an impact so that is a lot of disappointment.

2009 3rd round draft pick Travis Beckum does next to nothing for years then makes one catch in the super bowl, tears his ACL and is gone soon after. Sure he didn't have a long career or a great one at that but he did that one thing that saved him from being yet another disappointing draft pick from that class.

3 out of 7 or 3 out of 16 counting the street free agents after the draft.

I have to say the unbelievable reversal of fortune with Plaxico Burress....superstar one day, prisoner the next with a hole in his foot.

Second would have to be Ramses Barden who I believed with all my heart was going to be the second coming of Burress, but stronger, better, and who would never carry a handgun when going out drinking to a dance hall.

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of others that disappointed me to the point of wanting to stick a knife in my eye to stop watching. Tiki really disappointed me when he turned on the team because he refused to deal with Coughlin. And Dave Meggett was someone I loved watching return kicks....and then the idiot goes out and rapes and burglarizes a woman....duhhh. He's serving a 30 year prison sentence....asshole!

Dayne-for-no-gain

Grr- I'm far from a draft-nik and even I knew that Shaun Alexander was the pick there. Not to mention Julian Peterson or Abraham. You'd have to be disappointed in Ernie there. Dayne was who we thought he was.

Grr- I'm far from a draft-nik and even I knew that Shaun Alexander was the pick there. Not to mention Julian Peterson or Abraham. You'd have to be disappointed in Ernie there. Dayne was who we thought he was.

Well.... I loved the pick. It was naive of me, in retrospect I should have recognized that the Wisconsin OL really created him, but his workouts were good, and hell, physically he was cut out for it... but he was so damn hesitant in the NFL. Definitely not who I thought he was.

And I remember MSG going nuts too, so I know I wasn't the only one.

Well.... I loved the pick. It was naive of me, in retrospect I should have recognized that the Wisconsin OL really created him, but his workouts were good, and hell, physically he was cut out for it... but he was so damn hesitant in the NFL. Definitely not who I thought he was.

And I remember MSG going nuts too, so I know I wasn't the only one.

$_35.JPG

I think most of us were thrilled with the dayne pick. I know I was. Shockey too

Well when you pick the Heisman trophy winner who every single draft pundit has toted as the next best RB in the league, of course your gonna get excited.

Well when you pick the Heisman trophy winner who every single draft pundit has toted as the next best RB in the league, of course your gonna get excited.

I think most of us were thrilled with the dayne pick. I know I was. Shockey too

Shockey for sure, I recall there were questions about Dayne even then. 2 RB's went before him. (so much for consensus best RB in the league). I will say that after Alexander, the RB talent fell considerably so I can see why they made a move for an RB when they did. Tiki was fumble prone and not a proven commodity. They just chose the wrong guy.

There's so many to choose from, but a guy that was not a high round draft choice who I thought had a bright future but was not meant to be was Jon Goff (5th rounder in 2008). I really believed he had something and was going to stabilize the middle linebacker position and I believe it was simply knee injuries that just crushed his career.

I forgot about how excited I was on draft day and how utterly disappointed I was with William Joseph. Talk about pissing away your 1st round pick. Would've been better off to simply pass when they were on the clock and let some other team take him. That one hurt.

I was going to go with Dave Brown, but I knew he was a joke before he proved it.

I'd have to say Dave Brown.

To go from Phil Simms (who was pushed aside for Brown) to that guy was an insane drop in quality at the most important position on the team. The entire franchise was stuck in downtown Crap City without a map for years.

Perhaps the worst move George Young made in the post-Parcells Era, and that's saying alot, since he pretty much shit the bed throughout most of the 90s.

I'd have to say Dave Brown.

To go from Phil Simms (who was pushed aside for Brown) to that guy was an insane drop in quality at the most important position on the team. The entire franchise was stuck in downtown Crap City without a map for years.

Perhaps the worst move George Young made in the post-Parcells Era, and that's saying alot, since he pretty much shit the bed throughout most of the 90s.

No doubt, the early to mid 90's were about the worst crap there was, well, there was a big stretch before that when all of us were young. But once they won those two Championships and went to Brown - Kanell and then Collins.....I was getting tired of the way they let the team slide so low. Out of those three, I thought Collins was going to do something, but with his drunk issues and fumbling at the worst time possible, I was happy as hell to see Eli drafted.

No doubt, the early to mid 90's were about the worst crap there was, well, there was a big stretch before that when all of us were young. But once they won those two Championships and went to Brown - Kanell and then Collins.....I was getting tired of the way they let the team slide so low. Out of those three, I thought Collins was going to do something, but with his drunk issues and fumbling at the worst time possible, I was happy as hell to see Eli drafted.

You forgot Kent Graham in there.