SportsWrath

You dont know how unbelievably pissed off this video makes me

BlueInCanada

That's Eli's opinion... OBJ was talented which explains the massive contract he received... but in football more than any other sport, it's about those blue collar players who show up on Sundays... Nothing against OBJ but this train has left the station.

really? I didnt know that? He was traded? No shit...

That's Eli's opinion... OBJ was talented which explains the massive contract he received... but in football more than any other sport, it's about those blue collar players who show up on Sundays... Nothing against OBJ but this train has left the station.

These blue collar players don't win you games though, they just keep you at 8 and 8 every year.

These blue collar players don't win you games though, they just keep you at 8 and 8 every year.

Actually they do... The Best Offensive line the Giants had at least that I can remember was the one made up of guys like O'Hara, Richie... Kareem etc... none were super stars but they sure as fuck rolled up their sleeves and played hard... as blue collar as they come. And that's actually New England's blue print...

Eli will be glad to know hell be throwing to Cap Space

You can't stop Cap Space, you can only hope to contain him.

I really don't think the offense will lose much. I understand the difference in the #s with and without Beckham, but that had a lot to do with the offense in those days being little more than Beckham taking a slant 60 yards to the house. They have more good offensive players now, and, on paper, a better OL than 2014 - 2018. They aren't going to lose 10 points a game without Beckham now.

You can't stop Cap Space, you can only hope to contain him.

I really don't think the offense will lose much. I understand the difference in the #s with and without Beckham, but that had a lot to do with the offense in those days being little more than Beckham taking a slant 60 yards to the house. They have more good offensive players now, and, on paper, a better OL than 2014 - 2018. They aren't going to lose 10 points a game without Beckham now.

Ill agree on the OLine ( low bar) and maybe theyll find a way to make up some points- but Barkley and OBJ on the same field with those improvements wouldve been world class.

Actually they do... The Best Offensive line the Giants had at least that I can remember was the one made up of guys like O'Hara, Richie... Kareem etc... none were super stars but they sure as fuck rolled up their sleeves and played hard... as blue collar as they come. And that's actually New England's blue print...

Snee was a multiple pro bowl guard, O'hara was a multiple pro bowl centre selection as well and BOTH were top 5 at their position while they played.

McKenzie was considered one of the better tackles in the game and as paid as such.

Even Sueburt made some people "top" lists with his play.

But yeah "totally just unknown guys" who were just average as average can be lol

And yeah New Englands blue print of having;

The best QB/ at one point TE/LBs/Safeties and Corners in the NFL at the moment

And have pro bowl OL players too.

But yeah total unknowns on that team who wouldn't make it on any other team lol

Ill agree on the OLine ( low bar) and maybe theyll find a way to make up some points- but Barkley and OBJ on the same field with those improvements wouldve been world class.

Thats what I thought last year, but it still didnt matter. This game is won in the trentches. Its just how it is. This year should be better, and if Getty picks the right linemen for both sides with all those mills next year, our new QB should be in a great situation to succeed.

scrappy blue collar players. The kinda guys who take lunch pails to work!

The kind of players who actually ask the team for PAY CUTS isntead of pay raises.

The kind that play at pro bowl levels, make plays, get your team wins, but can be found in the 7th round.

You know those type of players.

Thats what I thought last year, but it still didnt matter. This game is won in the trentches. Its just how it is. This year should be better, and if Getty picks the right linemen for both sides with all those mills next year, our new QB should be in a great situation to succeed.

read again what I said which as with an improved line, along with those 2 players, thats world class. Hope youre right about the QB. We could easily go laughingstock as well.

Lol pump the brakes on Barkley amigo. Eli is the one who said OBJ was his most talented teammate. I dont believe hes lost a step and hes every bit the player he once was. But well see this fall.

Eli has said a lot of things. We will see.

Yeah, to think we could have had both, arguably the best offensive players in team history, at the same time.... Oh well.

We were in cap hell.

I don't think that was the case. Even with Beckham, the projections 2020 and beyond looked pretty good.

if you read between the lines, we the fans weren't really aware of the kind of hell we were in. Supposedly... a team culture hell.

the little wayne interview pulled back the curtain a little. The teammates still say Beckham was never a problem, but any of you that are in management will understand that the rank and file's opinion on who is and is not a problem is not necessarily a very informed opinion.

I don't think that was the case. Even with Beckham, the projections 2020 and beyond looked pretty good.

if you read between the lines, we the fans weren't really aware of the kind of hell we were in. Supposedly... a team culture hell.

the little wayne interview pulled back the curtain a little. The teammates still say Beckham was never a problem, but any of you that are in management will understand that the rank and file's opinion on who is and is not a problem is not necessarily a very informed opinion.

you could be right. Theres many cases of difficult stars being accommodated. There are cases of them being a cancer too. What I see perhaps ( I have no sources on this) is that DG and Shurmur came in with a clean house campaign and in DGs case, his ego clashed with Beckhams and neither budged towards center. And the team suffers...so do the fans...

The guy I really wonder about now was Collins. He hasn't stopped running his mouth publicly, so I can only imagine what he says behind closed doors.

And as for Beckham, I really think he's just a mercurial, misunderstood guy. You can see he has a good heart in the way he interacts with young fans. I'll be rooting for him.

read again what I said which as with an improved line, along with those 2 players, thats world class. Hope youre right about the QB. We could easily go laughingstock as well.

I hope I am too. From what I can tell, without him ever taken a snap in the NFL so far, looks to me like we might have a mobile Eli.

The way I figure, the kid is ours now, so might as well give him full support and hope for the best.

you could be right. Theres many cases of difficult stars being accommodated. There are cases of them being a cancer too. What I see perhaps ( I have no sources on this) is that DG and Shurmur came in with a clean house campaign and in DGs case, his ego clashed with Beckhams and neither budged towards center. And the team suffers...so do the fans...

I honestly think it's one of the reasons Mara picked Getty to be GM, because he doesnt care about the players at the end of the day only the team.

OBJ was never a cancer on this team, look at Antonio Brown or Chad Johnson, those guys were clear locker room distractions, OBJ just got a bad wrap in a town controlled by the media.

Sure he did some things to piss off the owner, the whole interview where he said he didn't support Eli, his post TD celebrations, but none of those should even remotely add up to anything coming close to those players I mentioned.

Getty and Mara have made a clear and unmistakable message to the team "Go out there and play, and dont you doubt the process at all cause if you do you're out the door"

Sure if this team starts putting 10/11/12 win seasons back to back the players could buy into it, but if this team doesnt start pulling it together wonder how long before that mentality back fires.

I honestly think it's one of the reasons Mara picked Getty to be GM, because he doesnt care about the players at the end of the day only the team.

OBJ was never a cancer on this team, look at Antonio Brown or Chad Johnson, those guys were clear locker room distractions, OBJ just got a bad wrap in a town controlled by the media.

Sure he did some things to piss off the owner, the whole interview where he said he didn't support Eli, his post TD celebrations, but none of those should even remotely add up to anything coming close to those players I mentioned.

Getty and Mara have made a clear and unmistakable message to the team "Go out there and play, and dont you doubt the process at all cause if you do you're out the door"

Sure if this team starts putting 10/11/12 win seasons back to back the players could buy into it, but if this team doesnt start pulling it together wonder how long before that mentality back fires.

DG is arrogant, that's what I've seen. That doesn't sit well for today's athelete.