SportsWrath

Brandon Marshall

Lughead

So OBJ, Marshall, and Harris in a single game with Shep likely missing a week or two on the sprain...fantastic. Oh, and need I remind folks, we can't run for shit against anyone worth a damn. If Eli doesn't get injured this year, I'll seriously be surprised.

I honestly don't know where we get a win this year. Truly, I just don't. I'm sure one will come somewhere, be it the Redskins or 49ers maybe...but damn if this isn't as bleak as it's been in a long, long time.

So OBJ, Marshall, and Harris in a single game with Shep likely missing a week or two on the sprain...fantastic. Oh, and need I remind folks, we can't run for shit against anyone worth a damn. If Eli doesn't get injured this year, I'll seriously be surprised.

I honestly don't know where we get a win this year. Truly, I just don't. I'm sure one will come somewhere, be it the Redskins or 49ers maybe...but damn if this isn't as bleak as it's been in a long, long time.

Look at the bright side... we get to pick in the top 5.... I don't mind a down season...

Look at the bright side... we get to pick in the top 5.... I don't mind a down season...

The really strange thing is... since I've started coaching youth football, I feel really disconnected from the Giants. It used to be the Giants were "my" team, but now I feel like those kids are "my" team and the Giants are a team I take a passing interest in.

Also, I love going to Dartmouth games. 4-0 baby! Those games are so much fun and everything football should be, instead of what the NFL has made it.

The really strange thing is... since I've started coaching youth football, I feel really disconnected from the Giants. It used to be the Giants were "my" team, but now I feel like those kids are "my" team and the Giants are a team I take a passing interest in.

Also, I love going to Dartmouth games. 4-0 baby! Those games are so much fun and everything football should be, instead of what the NFL has made it.

Maybe it's us getting older... there was a time (not too long ago) when a Giants' loss means I'm down all week long.... Some losses were migraine triggers. I keep things in perspective now... I understand teams have to suck sometimes and dynasty in the NFL is near impossible. I get a bit more professorial (I like to play the GM role) and try to analyze salary cap... etc... It's all good..

Tempest, they're broken bones, not soft tissue injuries.

Had we a rash of hamstring or quad injuries, I'd be raising hell about the conditioning issues. But shit like this just happens.

yeah shit happens indeed

Tempest, they're broken bones, not soft tissue injuries.

Had we a rash of hamstring or quad injuries, I'd be raising hell about the conditioning issues. But shit like this just happens.

Exactly.

When Aaron Wellman sets the record for man games lost for three seasons in a row, we can have this conversation.

lol so it is a three season honeymoon. Not sure he makes it that long.

Uh... we didn't set the record last year. We won't set it this year.

Again, when Wellman's program sets the record for three straight years and/or finishes in the bottom third every year, or he gets his coach canned from two franchises, we can have this discussion. Or you can believe in Santa Claus, fairies, and twenty years of inexplicable bad luck with injuries on your team.

What's Jerry Palmieri doing these days? You mean to say that nobody snatched up that incredible conditioning guy? Boy, that's weird.

Uh... we didn't set the record last year. We won't set it this year.

Again, when Wellman's program sets the record for three straight years and/or finishes in the bottom third every year, or he gets his coach canned from two franchises, we can have this discussion. Or you can believe in Santa Claus, fairies, and twenty years of inexplicable bad luck with injuries on your team.

What's Jerry Palmieri doing these days? You mean to say that nobody snatched up that incredible conditioning guy? Boy, that's weird.

Retired, not much left to prove after two super bowl rings.