SportsWrath

T.O to......the Bills?!?

BlueInCanada

Sources: Owens, Bills agree to deal

It didn't take long for T.O. to find a new home.

Terrell Owens has agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million deal with the Buffalo Bills, according to sources.

The Bills called a 6:15 p.m. news conference Saturday to announce the signing. According to a source, the entire contract is guaranteed.

Owens visited the Bills on Saturday. He was released by the Dallas Cowboys late Wednesday.

Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said in a text message Friday that his client wouldn't be out of work for too long. Negotiations had begun with several teams, Rosenhaus said.

"There are several teams that are interested in signing Terrell," Rosenhaus said. "I have been in negotiations with these teams. I will not identify the teams at this time. Terrell and I expect to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner."

The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus last year, which was included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal. Dallas took a roughly $9 million salary-cap when it released of Owens.

There has been talk since the end of the Cowboys' 9-7 season, in which they missed the playoffs, that they would consider cutting Owens to improve locker-room morale.

ESPN

I wonder how the Canadians will accept him...

Seriously what a shitty way to end a Hall of Fame career.

Why is it a shitty way to end? Shitty is Jerry Rice in Seattle. This is far from it, guy has always been able to play wide receiver.

I wonder how the Canadians will accept him...

Seriously what a shitty way to end a Hall of Fame career.

A couple die hard Bill fans I know are indifferent on the move. They like the fact that he is easily one of the better WRs in the game today and will help out their passing game if not their entire O quite abit but at the same time they hate the fact that he is "T.O" and they say it seems like a desperate move by the franchise.

They pretty much said see what happens this year and if he plays lights out(i.e. chip on his shoulder) then throw another year or two at him but the moment he starts to whine and bitch feed him to the beavers :evilgrin:

I know I'll be bugging them throughout the year now.

A couple die hard Bill fans I know are indifferent on the move. They like the fact that he is easily one of the better WRs in the game today and will help out their passing game if not their entire O quite abit but at the same time they hate the fact that he is "T.O" and they say it seems like a desperate move by the franchise.

They pretty much said see what happens this year and if he plays lights out(i.e. chip on his shoulder) then throw another year or two at him but the moment he starts to whine and bitch feed him to the beavers :evilgrin:

I know I'll be bugging them throughout the year now.

I think they are gonna end up alienating the only good offensive player the Bills have in Lee Evans....but he'll fit right in with Marshawn "Hit And Rawn" Lynch.

It's too bad he doesn't have a quarterback to throw him the ball up there. Trent Edwards blows.

Why is it a shitty way to end? Shitty is Jerry Rice in Seattle. This is far from it, guy has always been able to play wide receiver.

Because it is the BILLS! TO is not as good of a receiver as he once was and he is NOT going to get along with their QB.

The Bills just became a legit contender

They already had a very good team

if they draft well we may well see a 1990 repeat SB

I would love to have Kivka Mitchell back from that squad

The Cowboys are not going to get better by subtraction

The Bills just became a legit contender

They already had a very good team

if they draft well we may well see a 1990 repeat SB

I would love to have Kivka Mitchell back from that squad

The Cowboys are not going to get better by subtraction

Trent Edwards=Jim Kelly

:unsure:

It is kind of shitty for him, not that I mind one bit. He wanted out of SF, he wanted out of Philly, but he wanted to stay in Dallas real bad. And there's no way he's going to get the numbers from Edwards that he got from Romo.

It is kind of shitty for him, not that I mind one bit. He wanted out of SF, he wanted out of Philly, but he wanted to stay in Dallas real bad. And there's no way he's going to get the numbers from Edwards that he got from Romo.

Edwards>Romo you watch to much ESPN Nesta just because every sportscaster on ESPN has a bromance with Romo don't mean hes good, Owens was his safety valve i watched so many wobbly ducks thrown by Romo somehow end up in Owens hands, hes done now Roy Williams may be the most overated WR i have ever seen in my life, at least he still has Witten. Say what you want about Owens numbers dropping but he still drew attention from opposing coordinators, Roy Williams will not draw that much attention, just like us with Plaxico, Dallas will miss his ability to open up running lanes and leave other WR's open

Edwards>Romo you watch to much ESPN Nesta just because every sportscaster on ESPN has a bromance with Romo don't mean hes good, Owens was his safety valve i watched so many wobbly ducks thrown by Romo somehow end up in Owens hands, hes done now Roy Williams may be the most overated WR i have ever seen in my life, at least he still has Witten. Say what you want about Owens numbers dropping but he still drew attention from opposing coordinators, Roy Williams will not draw that much attention, just like us with Plaxico, Dallas will miss his ability to open up running lanes and leave other WR's open

I agree. We had to double up TO every game which left guys like Crayton and Witten wide open. Now they don't have a legit reciever to double so I bet you guys Romo's number will be average at most this year. No more top 5 for him. Remember, wehn Plax was playing even though he didn't have a great season he was the reason other guys were paid less attention too. Owens now will make not only T. Edwards look like Romo has the past couple years, Lee Evans will be open a lot, and more holes on the line for M. Lynch to run up into. The Bills right now to me are the class of the AFC East. Even with Brady back.