SportsWrath

Top few picks

Virginia Giant

yea but not with the OL the way it is... Either way... we can't have em all... whether it's Nelson, Barkley or Chubb... we're going to land a very good one.

Have to credit Gettleman on rebuilding the offensive line in one year.

He was not going to give Flowers another year without competition, or Hart the job because we didn't have better options. Giants brought in the best LT available this year and possibly the second best offensive guard. No problem taking Omameh (the guy Norwell replaced). I have to see what this unit can do and can't hold them accountable for the last group.

I see the OL rebuild as FAR from done! Solder has been more good than bad and yes, he was the best option available and will certainly be an upgrade but he's not a Pro Bowl guy. Hopefully, he's solid but I don't think we can count on more than that. Omameh was one of the lowest graded OLs last year and the Panthers were desperate to replace him. I don't see how he's being looked at as an answer. My guess, he's no better than Jerry. This line still needs lots of work. This line needs Nelson!

I wish this team was stacked enough to trade back and take Nelson. I'd love to have that guy on the Giants.

But at 2nd overall, I have to concur with Gettleman - you should believe that player will be putting on a gold jacket one day.

Not many guards get to put on a gold jacket.

Eli, sure, I don't remember that talk about Ben or rivers. Even Eli had his detractors.

Eli and Ben would probably be the top QB prospects in this class too, imo. Rivers I think would be somewhere in with Mayfield, Rudolph, and Jackson. This is a deep class, I just don't have the same kind of belief about any of them that I did about Luck or either Manning.

I see the OL rebuild as FAR from done! Solder has been more good than bad and yes, he was the best option available and will certainly be an upgrade but he's not a Pro Bowl guy. Hopefully, he's solid but I don't think we can count on more than that. Omameh was one of the lowest graded OLs last year and the Panthers were desperate to replace him. I don't see how he's being looked at as an answer. My guess, he's no better than Jerry. This line still needs lots of work. This line needs Nelson!

We are at wait and see. David Diehl did pretty damn good for us as non pro bowler at LT. I do hope the Giants continue to address the offensive line in the draft. We are done filling in the offensive line through free agency for the next few years. Omameh has to be better than Jerry, I can't fathom how he can be worse. I have no problem taking Nelson in the first round but would love to improve our offensive punch.

Last time we took a chance on a prior draft pick but inexperienced player who was waiting in the wings to be the next Giants QB was Dave Brown. In fact, in his first year, we drafted a RB in the first round too. Howd that story end?

Im not ruling out Webb as a potential starter, but its a huge risk to put all of our eggs in this unproven basket.

Two out three:

- Nelson

- Hernandez

- isiah Wynn

I think if we come out of the draft with 2 rookie offensive linemen, 1 inside and 1 outside, who can become starters by the end of NEXT season, we're in good shape. Obviously, if we take one in the first or second, the contribution expectation moves up to THIS year. The influx of youth is the second piece of the puzzle.

FA was the first piece and I think the FA signings to the offensive line were good, strong moves...but not great. They'll help though given the line last year...and that's the important thing.

Bottom line...the problem was identified and attempts are being made to address it. I think that's the biggest issue anyone had with Reese. There was glaring neglect for certain positions until it was too late.