SportsWrath

Giants Mock

Bigblue25

No way in six billion years Baker Mayfield ends up on this team.

His stats say he's the best QB prospect this year hands down... people act like he's my height... He's a Drew Brees/Russel Wilson kind of player... It all comes down to who the Browns pick... part of me says we'll end up with Barkley but there's a side that says you don't get to pick a franchise QB this high in the draft often... so you snatch one while you can... And then there's Davis Webb who was a 3rd rounder... however having 2 very good young QBs on your team isn't a bad thing either..

It's not a matter of his measurables... I read the headlines of the things coming out of his mouth. Kid thinks he's King Shit of Turd Island and he hasn't actually done anything yet. He's not a Giants/Mara/Gettleman kind of guy.

It's not a matter of his measurables... I read the headlines of the things coming out of his mouth. Kid thinks he's King Shit of Turd Island and he hasn't actually done anything yet. He's not a Giants/Mara/Gettleman kind of guy.

Actually for his age, he's done quite a bit... I don't have a problem with confidence on display (it's not my preference... but different people have different attitudes)... I was the kindda guy who chewed on sunflower seeds and never said a word while playing the game... but that's just me playing pick up football.

I had questions about Mayfield's arm strength, but he answered those at the combine.

I don't think he's a 2nd overall kind of player though. The attitude, his size, his lack of experience against any kind of defense.... way too much risk for me to take him that highly.

I had questions about Mayfield's arm strength, but he answered those at the combine.

I don't think he's a 2nd overall kind of player though. The attitude, his size, his lack of experience against any kind of defense.... way too much risk for me to take him that highly.

Just look at the completion % and the # of INTs... I'm not saying we should take him either... I'm saying whatever team picks him will be very happy... I doubt he gets to the Jets but if he's there and they don't pick him, they're morons.

I've only seen him on one site ranked better than Rosen, Allen, and Darnold. Most have him just above Jackson and Rudolph. So you have the top tier of 3, a half step down to Mayfield, and another half step down to Jackson and Rudolph.

I'm not comparing ceilings for floors for these guys, but I am a firm believer that whomever you select in the first round, regardless of position, needs to be a contributor as a rookie. If not, you're wasting draft capital. That's not to say I'm 100% draft-for-need, but if we go QB in the first, that QB damn well should start by the end of the season. And for that reason, (1) I don't think it'll be Mayfield and (2) given the backing of Eli, I don't think it'll be a QB at all.

I really am hoping for Nelson at #2 or a trade down to acquire picks...again, so long as we stay in a position to get a day 1 contributor.

I dont see this organization drafting a guy like that either. A Beckham is one thing but qbs are the face of your franchise. Hes my favorite qb prospect and Id be happy if we picked him but I think its a long shot

I've only seen him on one site ranked better than Rosen, Allen, and Darnold. Most have him just above Jackson and Rudolph. So you have the top tier of 3, a half step down to Mayfield, and another half step down to Jackson and Rudolph.

I'm not comparing ceilings for floors for these guys, but I am a firm believer that whomever you select in the first round, regardless of position, needs to be a contributor as a rookie. If not, you're wasting draft capital. That's not to say I'm 100% draft-for-need, but if we go QB in the first, that QB damn well should start by the end of the season. And for that reason, (1) I don't think it'll be Mayfield and (2) given the backing of Eli, I don't think it'll be a QB at all.

I really am hoping for Nelson at #2 or a trade down to acquire picks...again, so long as we stay in a position to get a day 1 contributor.

I'm hoping for a trade down and still getting Nelson...

I dont see this organization drafting a guy like that either. A Beckham is one thing but qbs are the face of your franchise. Hes my favorite qb prospect and Id be happy if we picked him but I think its a long shot

You'd have to excuse the kid... he feels disrespected in some sense... his numbers are way better than any other QB... although he's like 6 1" (I'm 5 5" in real life 5 7" on the internet), they still comment about his size like he's my height... I totally get where he's coming from although not saying that's what I would have done... different personalities is not a right or wrong kindda thing.

Id love to trade down to 6-12, and take the best player available between Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Nelson, Smith, Fitzpatrick, or Edwards, while stocking up on extra picks. Im very weary of any QB, but I think you trade down if Barkley isnt there at #2. I also am very weary on Allen.

You'd have to excuse the kid... he feels disrespected in some sense... his numbers are way better than any other QB... although he's like 6 1" (I'm 5 5" in real life 5 7" on the internet), they still comment about his size like he's my height... I totally get where he's coming from although not saying that's what I would have done... different personalities is not a right or wrong kindda thing.

Agreed. I think hes a fiery but good kid and hes overachieved at ever level of his playing career.

I am just skeptical that the old white dudes who like to give jobs to high character guys like mark herzlig and Jonathan Stewart will see him the same way

Agreed. I think hes a fiery but good kid and hes overachieved at ever level of his playing career.

I am just skeptical that the old white dudes who like to give jobs to high character guys like mark herzlig and Jonathan Stewart will see him the same way

Isnt Mayfield considered to have a good character? Leadership traits?

I am tired of the "Giants Way" bs. I want his arrogance instead of the "aw shucks" we lost again stuff

Isnt Mayfield considered to have a good character? Leadership traits?

Yeah but theres also the immature onfields antics and an alcohol related arrest. It has people (unfairly in my opinion) comparing him to manziel

I am tired of the "Giants Way" bs. I want his arrogance instead of the "aw shucks" we lost again stuff

you think Eli doesn't care about winning? Hes a humble class act type of guy, doesn't go crazy when he is winning super bowls either.

I would never doubt his will to win.

Strahan says it all the time, Eli is one of the most competitive guys he's played with

you think Eli doesn't care about winning? Hes a humble class act type of guy, doesn't go crazy when he is winning super bowls either.

I would never doubt his will to win.

Strahan says it all the time, Eli is one of the most competitive guys he's played with

I am not saying he doesn't care about losing, but I also don't want to take things lying down. The Eagles partied in Giants stadium last year I want someone rubbed the wrong way by that

• 2 weeks later...