SportsWrath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not_Ldiggitty

rHIHWD6I.jpg

Johnny Damon said that no other manager he has played for had ever set his sights as high as Joe Torre did on the first day of spring.

"Johnny, you look good in a Yankees uniform!" shouted one fan to Damon, who was standing on first base.

"Thanks, baby!" replied Damon before taking off for second.

Damon seemed touched by the positive fan reaction, though he believes that to truly be considered a Yankee, he has a lot of work left to do.

"It's great to see a lot of fans accept me as being a Yankee," he said. "You feel proud, because you know what you've done over your career and what your reputation is. They know what I can bring to New York.

"I do feel like a Yankee, but I also know that I need to go out on the field and help this team win to be truly accepted by the fans -- and even the players."

Torre spoke with Damon on the field during the workout, though the manager has no plans to have a sitdown with his newest superstar to discuss his transition.

Link

:TU:

Yeah, Johnny's been saying a lot of things lately, still trying to convince himself he made the right decision.

Face it- it is killing Damon that he had no other choice but to take the Yankees money. He is very bitter that the Sox didn't offer even enough to justify staying.

Yeah, Johnny's been saying a lot of things lately, still trying to convince himself he made the right decision.

Face it- it is killing Damon that he had no other choice but to take the Yankees money. He is very bitter that the Sox didn't offer even enough to justify staying.

He could've signed with the LAD for 5 mill less though. That's the part that's eating away at me :brooding:

rHIHWD6I.jpg

Johnny Damon said that no other manager he has played for had ever set his sights as high as Joe Torre did on the first day of spring.

Link

:TU:

I hope Damon gets hurt in the first game, and that night chokes on his own tongue while sleeping... talk shit in your fag ass Yankee section... trust me I'll be in the Yankees section after the Mets have a better record than you over-priced fags

Joe Torre said the same garbage the last 5 years, and what happened?

Damon is very upset the Sox had other plans, he does not want to play in for NY. He needs to start playing some ball and less time cconvincing himself things will be alright.

Edited by Motes

I hope Damon gets hurt in the first game, and that night chokes on his own tongue while sleeping... talk shit in your fag ass Yankee section... trust me I'll be in the Yankees section after the Mets have a better record than you over-priced fags

I would never hope for that, having him struggle a little wouldn't hurt though.

Umm they won the division....for any other team that's a huge accomplishment. If the Red Sox ever get another division title you'll know the feeling.

Division title really isn't that big of a deal, even coming from a Giants fan. All it does is get you a nice t-shirt or hat, nothing more. Doesn't make up for losing in the ALDS and doesn't make up for getting shutout 23-0 in the playoffs.

Division title really isn't that big of a deal, even coming from a Giants fan. All it does is get you a nice t-shirt or hat, nothing more. Doesn't make up for losing in the ALDS and doesn't make up for getting shutout 23-0 in the playoffs.

What a dumb comment....a division title means the team was good the entire season. Gives us fans something to watch, something to talk about every day at work. Would you rather your team be in last place and have no shot at the division? I'd rather see my team atleast make the playoffs and have some hope of winning it all. Ofcourse we all hate when our team loses in the playoffs, but there's only one winner at the end of the year and I'd like to say my team atleast had a chance.

my two cents..Johnny Damon is a all around better hitter, better leadoff hitter and better centerfielder than Coco Crisp. Not to mention all the intangibles he brought to the team. The Red Sox made a mistake not resigning him. Crisp is a good player, but he is not as good as Damon. These are just the facts

Umm they won the division....for any other team that's a huge accomplishment. If the Red Sox ever get another division title you'll know the feeling.

Who are you the fucking Braves now? At least it doesn't cost them $200 mill to win the division and choke in the playoffs.

my two cents..Johnny Damon is a all around better hitter, better leadoff hitter and better centerfielder than Coco Crisp. Not to mention all the intangibles he brought to the team. The Red Sox made a mistake not resigning him. Crisp is a good player, but he is not as good as Damon. These are just the facts

Their numbers weren't that far apart, Crisp is 6 years younger, and will cost us $32 mill less than Damon would have. No-brainer.

Who are you the fucking Braves now? At least it doesn't cost them $200 mill to win the division and choke in the playoffs.

How can a Red Sox fan diss the Braves? They have been way, way more successful than your team during this current run of division titles and the Sox spend a ton more money than they do.

Their numbers weren't that far apart, Crisp is 6 years younger, and will cost us $32 mill less than Damon would have. No-brainer.

he is not as good defensively in cf nor is he as good of a hitter. And in giving up one of the best prospects in the game for him, I wouldnt exactly say it didnt cost you anything. Plus when it comes to teams like the Yankees and Sox, money is no object. Im not saying Coco wont be good, he most likely will be very good. But he is not as good as Damon in every aspect of his game. Now 3 years from now, it might be a different story, but as of right now Damon is the better player. But that wont matter to the Yankees as they have 4 very good cf prospects.

he is not as good defensively in cf nor is he as good of a hitter. And in giving up one of the best prospects in the game for him, I wouldnt exactly say it didnt cost you anything. Plus when it comes to teams like the Yankees and Sox, money is no object. Im not saying Coco wont be good, he most likely will be very good. But he is not as good as Damon in every aspect of his game.

And how did we get that prospect? For Renteria and cash, so in essence it was Renteria for Crisp.

I never said he was better, but his numbers have improved every year in the league and will only continue to get better. Much wiser decision in the long run.

What a dumb comment....a division title means the team was good the entire season. Gives us fans something to watch, something to talk about every day at work. Would you rather your team be in last place and have no shot at the division? I'd rather see my team atleast make the playoffs and have some hope of winning it all. Ofcourse we all hate when our team loses in the playoffs, but there's only one winner at the end of the year and I'd like to say my team atleast had a chance.

All it does is give us hardware and bragging rights. Other then that, it's not that much of a big deal. In football it's a lot different. You get the home games if you win the division. When you win the division in baseball, you barely get an advantage. Homefield even during game 7 in the playoffs isn't that big of a deal in baseball.

Johnny is a better player then Crisp but the asking amount was too much. Especially when the Sox knew they could go out and make a trade done with an up and coming, younger center fielder that costs less and use that money to possibly fill the rest of Manny's contract, pitching, and more. And Coco may be just as good fielding, but that's not really saying much.

I agree to an extent, but remember the Marlins haven't won anywhere near the amount of Division championships as the Braves, but they won the World Series more than they have in the past 20 years... it's all about who wins the big games...

What did $104,770,139 get the Mets last year?

83-79 .512 4th place.

the same thing your over paid got... no World Series win... and the last time we were in the series your cheap ass team beamed 2 balls at our star players head...