SportsWrath

Aaaa....Yankees are in the Playoffs.....helloooo

Chuck Wagon

Do you think muelens would make a good manager?

Personally, I don't know much about him as a coach, but I do like the guy.

yes- impressive guy- he speaks 7 languages- i don't think he did much as a hitting coach but he didn't have much to work with. Surprised Yankees don't look at Righetti.

yes- impressive guy- he speaks 7 languages- i don't think he did much as a hitting coach but he didn't have much to work with. Surprised Yankees don't look at Righetti.

yeah rags would be a good fit.

I think Thompson gets the job though..he is the opposite of Girardi... girardi is a know it all. Thompson seems to have good relationships with the players. I have a feeling girardi would have been gone a while ago if not for having players he played with on the roster.

He isn't good with young players..it's no coincidence the marlins let him go after winning moy with a young team..think they won in spite of Girardi

Youre much more supportive of Cashman than I would be. If me manager got my team to withina game of the World Series 2 years ahead of time, Id want him there for the next year. Seems crazy to me

just like the cubs won the world series in spite of their awful manager, the Yankees did the same in succeeding in spite of Girardi.

Again, you don't think it was a coincidence that girardi won moy and was let go? He isn't good with young players. He is a know it all, narcissist. Terrible for this new, youthfuk Yankee team.

Cashman is the best gm in baseball..guys a ninja.

I don't know man..Yankee relivers.. specifically Dave Robertson has been spinning that hook better than Adam Wainwright in his prime. So have many other relief pitchers.

relief pitchers only go once thru the lineup at most. that's why their stuff loos so special. 2nd time around or in a long series? they become hittable. especially with a juiced ball and batter

relief pitchers only go once thru the lineup at most. that's why their stuff loos so special. 2nd time around or in a long series? they become hittable. especially with a juiced ball and batter

agreed, doesn't mean they weren't spinning that hook..and Houston's bullpen was terrible.

Worst managing I've seen in a while this post season

• 2 weeks later...

Beltran is being interviewed for the manager position.

I think it's clear at this point the Yankees have not liked one person they've interviewed and have no clue who their manager will be....stay tuned

Right now, I'd say Beltran is the most likely to get the gig...cashman called him.. another telling sign is they allowed Thompson to interview for the Phillies bench job.

Beltrans the favorite..and he hasn't interviewed yet.

My guess is they hire Beltran as the manager and bring in an experienced manager as the bench coach.

Sounds like Cashman doesnt want any lip.....

more like he has vision and nobody is living in to the standard. Guy just won executive of the year...his inferiors and superiors love him. He doesn't micromanage.

Cash is the best gm in baseball. I wouldn't want anyone else running the Yankees. Hands down the best gm in baseball

I'm not saying I like it, just saying it's obvious that the Yankees don't like anyone they've interviewed so far so Beltran has to be the front runner by default.

As long as you have a good, experienced bench coach, you can do well with a guy with little to no managing experience.

Alex Cora had one year of being a bench coach and he has already won manager of the year for 2018 if you listen to the pundits

I'm not saying I like it, just saying it's obvious that the Yankees don't like anyone they've interviewed so far so Beltran has to be the front runner by default.

As long as you have a good, experienced bench coach, you can do well with a guy with little to no managing experience.

Alex Cora had one year of being a bench coach and he has already won manager of the year for 2018 if you listen to the pundits

The model is strong GM...weak Skipper....GM gives you the pieces...you, the plug and play manager....run the formula dictated by the analytical patterns.

That is why you have pus throwers in many bullpens racking millions and only seeing 20 batters a year because they have a 74.8% rate at getting power hitting, lefties from the Dominican Republic to hit into double plays during day games.

They are trying to make baseball as unwatchable as the NBA is and the NFL is trying their best to be.

C. Wagon

I was with you C until the NBA comment. The NBA has never been more watchable. Veteran stars, young star, team play... its must see!

I've tried...its not the game I know.....and of course...then I listen to myself bitch about Curry, Harden, Irving, and Labron don't play like Johnson, Bird, Jordan, and The Dream...and I sound just like my old man when he said those guy didnt play like Reed, Unsell, West and Russell.

NBA circle of life.

C.Wagon

Baseball is almost as good as it was in the 90's and early 2000's.

The game has definitely changed, but it's a more excited game imo.

I think we are going to start seeing old school relief pitchers..guys that rack up 120+ innings a year.

I don't think there will be more than ,5 complete games next year. Starting pitching is becoming less important. It's all about offense, relief pitching and athletic defense.