SportsWrath

KR/PR

Storm

What the fuck is the point in having some scrub return kicks and punts? Put Beckham back there and have him wave fair catch or kneel it every time. The Giants have no chance of ever flipping field position or taking one to the house and theyve never been one of those teams. So why the fuck put a one week waiver wire pickup back there to seal a game in the opponents favor?

Or, on the other side, have Barkley or Beckham return punts and kicks for real. It works for Tyreek Hill and the Chiefs.

Cody Lattimer and the dude who fumbled blow ass. Neither belong on an NFL team.

Jason Seahorn

That was preseason and like 20 years ago. Are the Giants the only team who are so fearful and hesitant that they literally would rather throw games away? 50 seconds left, put in Odell.

That was preseason and like 20 years ago. Are the Giants the only team who are so fearful and hesitant that they literally would rather throw games away? 50 seconds left, put in Odell.

I agree, it that situation you need your best runner back there.

Exactly.

No need making a guy you just mortgaged the franchise on cannon fodder.

C. Wagon

That is my initial thought too... but 4th quarter game in the balance I would much rather one of our dudes with the ball in their hands than some schmuck we signed off of waiver wire last week.

absolutely...odell or Barkley should have been back there...50 seconds left..you need a home run..amd your home run hitters are on the bench.

Awful coaching

The return function is probably the most dangerous play in football... everyone is hurling at you full speed... so no. No Beckam and no Barkley.

The answer is probably somewhere in between.. you need a guy who can fucking catch and return... not that complicated.

That is my initial thought too... but 4th quarter game in the balance I would much rather one of our dudes with the ball in their hands than some schmuck we signed off of waiver wire last week.

I get that...but there is a whole world between Odel ...and a guy that is one step up from Practice Squad.

There has to be professional punt returners out there....a specialty guy like a long snapper. The don't have to be Devon Hester (be nice)....just some some competent and consistent guy that will make the right call on the catch....then make the catch...and give you a good 7 yard average.

Other than Dion Sanders...and Gale Sayers...I am having a hard time thinking of Super Stars that were turn out put returners too?

I am sure there are more...but those are the two that come to mind.

C. Wagon

Then when one those two guys get a career altering injury you will bitch and moan.

Actually, I prefer that the dudes we pay millions are used in as many situations as possible to actually win games.

I get that...but there is a whole world between Odel ...and a guy that is one step up from Practice Squad.

There has to be professional punt returners out there....a specialty guy like a long snapper. The don't have to be Devon Hester (be nice)....just some some competent and consistent guy that will make the right call on the catch....then make the catch...and give you a good 7 yard average.

Other than Dion Sanders...and Gale Sayers...I am having a hard time thinking of Super Stars that were turn out put returners too?

C. Wagon

Beckham and Barkley were both game changers on punt returns in college. Its real simple. Use guys that can win games for you or use scrubs who fumble your chances away. KC puts Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt all over the field and it wins them games.

C. Wagon

Tiki Barber and Dave Meggett were both awesome for us in that role, though Tiki eventually became a full-time back.

Actually, I prefer that the dudes we pay millions are used in as many situations as possible to actually win games.

I am not sure I would want to see OBJ or Barkley being the regular punt return guy... but in this situation, down 5 with no time outs and 55 seconds left in the game... especially when you consider the guy who they put in, was just brought onto the squad.

Dude, I just said twice that I would be playing to win the game not keep players from being injured. Whats wrong with you?

And you don't win games getting your best players hurt on kick returns. Obj and Barkley aren't exactly the most injury proof guys.