SportsWrath

The Case Against Barkley

Sephiroth

DG .......Please pick Barkley , he looks like the best player in the entire draft and could be a star in blue for many years to come!

( if not ...then pick Chubb who also looks outstanding ...........but dont pick a bloody QB ).

or if you get a chance to trade down , grab Nelson perhaps and a boat load of picks

Gallman is tough as hell, but the way he runs he'll have a four year career, tops.

If Barkley is Edgerrin James, I would be trilled to have him.

I think that's his ceiling, and max end side of the range between Reggie Bush and James, barring injury or off the field incident.

I think the only reason he's had trouble up the middle is because his line sucked. Ive seen many of his plays designed to go up the middle that just weren't gonna happen, and often he still made positive yards bouncing to the outside. He might have the same trouble with the Giants for a year or two, but I believe DG is going to do all he can to fix that soon as possible. In the mean time having a back who can still make things happen when the line sucks could be huge.

I think the only reason he's had trouble up the middle is because his line sucked. Ive seen many of his plays designed to go up the middle that just weren't gonna happen, and often he still made positive yards bouncing to the outside. He might have the same trouble with the Giants for a year or two, but I believe DG is going to do all he can to fix that soon as possible. In the mean time having a back who can still make things happen when the line sucks could be huge.

They also typically didn't run him up the middle a whole lot...they tried getting him out into space and onto the flanks, from what I've seen.

When they did go up the middle, they did a lot of read-option stuff, which is basically draw type runs, and if you do that with a shitty line, might not be indicative of his ability between the tackles.