SportsWrath

2 weeks from today - NFL draft kicks off with round 1

BleedinBlue

These last two weeks move along like a snail crossing a glue pad. It's like Chinese water torture waiting, waiting, waiting.

I have to believe that NFL fans have the same post-draft letdown/depression that women go through the day after their wedding. You wait so long for that big moment you've planned and planned, and then.......the let down. Like post-coital depression or as my buddy calls it, "post-coital disgust" after he brought home a dog eater for the night.

Hopefully, the Giants will do so freaking great in their drafting that we can sit around counting future Super Bowl rings. But unfortunately, I know better.

We need a great draft this year.

Wasn't the draft in May last year? and yes... waiting for the draft can be atrocious.

Yup, it was. Really pissed me off.

This year they are having it in Chicago instead of the Garden in NYC. That too pisses me off. Even so, I suspect there will be a lot of Giants' fans in Chicago that night.

I was okay with when they separated out the first round. Some folks aren't able to destroy a whole weekend of their life to watch the draft. I have done so, but with family now, it's just not realistic. So when they separated out the first round, I was good with that. Could devote the time to the first round and then watch what I could of the rest.

But now that they have spread it across 4 days, it's just a stupid money grab.

First round should be Friday night.

Second and Third should be Saturday.

Fourth to Seventh should be Sunday.

Coverage needs to be extended on each round to include more video clips of the selected players with the talking heads commenting over top of the video clips. I don't want to hear them talk about trades of picks either during the draft. That can be handled by a graphic of some sort on the side.

First round should be 15 minutes per pick. Second round through Seventh round should be 10 minutes per pick. Part of me thinks that teams should be required to use the full clock for each pick to allow the networks to show more clips, more information about the player just selected.

And it should be commercial free.

I was okay with when they separated out the first round. Some folks aren't able to destroy a whole weekend of their life to watch the draft. I have done so, but with family now, it's just not realistic. So when they separated out the first round, I was good with that. Could devote the time to the first round and then watch what I could of the rest.

But now that they have spread it across 4 days, it's just a stupid money grab.

First round should be Friday night.

Second and Third should be Saturday.

Fourth to Seventh should be Sunday.

Coverage needs to be extended on each round to include more video clips of the selected players with the talking heads commenting over top of the video clips. I don't want to hear them talk about trades of picks either during the draft. That can be handled by a graphic of some sort on the side.

First round should be 15 minutes per pick. Second round through Seventh round should be 10 minutes per pick. Part of me thinks that teams should be required to use the full clock for each pick to allow the networks to show more clips, more information about the player just selected.

And it should be commercial free.

I'm with you on everything except the time. No reason for 2 hours to be taken up by the first 6 picks.

I'm with you on everything except the time. No reason for 2 hours to be taken up by the first 6 picks.

It'd be 90 minutes and if it were more film of players and less pictures of Mel Kiper and his big board - I think it could work...even for the first 6 picks that are all but scripted come draft day.

Hate Kiper, but in years past, have liked Berman...but you can tell with Berman, that he's not as into the draft as he had been in the past and relies too heavily on Mort, Shefter, and the rest.

Will likely go with Mayock this year.